"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to all who’s parties are being affected by the storm. I know it’s silly in the grand scheme of things, but I also know how excited people are for their trips and parties :grouphug:.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?
The 29th is also our party night

So fun! Can’t wait until our party at the end of the month!
Okay don’t shun me but who is the character in the second clip?

We bought tickets for the Labor Day party , same day. We were disappointed in the no fireworks as that was the main reason we bought tickets but the crowds were very low compared to what others were saying who had previous experience. Since no fireworks we centered our attention on rides and we didn’t have to wait more than 5-10 min at max. Walk on to most of the big rides. Splash broke down the third time we rode it but was quickly fixed. Pirates went down but opened later. Space mountain was super fun. We didn’t do any character meet and greets but the lines we saw for that didn’t seem long. We got a TON of candy. You could keep going thru the same line and get more over and over if you wanted. The weather was great so not sure why fireworks weren’t done but overall we had fun. This was our first time doing this and we were happy.

Finally getting around to writing my thoughts on the new fireworks show. We attended the party on Friday August 30th, NOT our original date, which was Labor Day. We bumped it up because of Dorian, which wound up being better for us.

The crowds seemed much lighter than a usual crowded party and although we gave up our dessert party for 9/2, I'm glad we did because we got closer to the castle area for the show than the Plaza Garden was. I had a perfect view of the Jack puppet and I was impressed! He is HUGE! They did a great job with him, whoever the puppeteer is, but even though he is easily twice as tall as the puppeteer, I think he's still difficult to see unless you are in that immediate area. I think that's why initially people had a hard time figuring out what he was....a projection? A puppet? A costumed character? Unless you're close enough, you can't really see him. His eyes blink, his mouth moves and he's really interesting to look at.

The fireworks are beautiful, and although I miss the perimeter fireworks (there's nothing like being in the middle of fireworks shooting off around you!) I really enjoyed the arrangement of them. I admit that I am not a big fan of fireworks in general, after being almost hit by one a few years ago, so I am somewhat fearful of them. But Disney fireworks are shot off from such a distance that I don't have any fear of those.

The projections are amazing and visually stunning. I feel like the technology is improving and they make the most of it. Vibrant colors and the illusion of movement, which is really cool. I don't care for the cartooney vibe and at times the projections seemed very busy and compete with the fireworks. You don't know where to look or you'll miss something! Especially in the dancing skeleton part. But they are so much better in person.

The music...sigh.... I miss the original Hallowishes music. They do "this is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas, but I don't like this version. I'm also not a big fan of the ghost dancing section with different renditions of princess songs.

I will say that I enjoyed the whole show way more than I thought I would. It is much better in person and it's a lot of fun as you get caught up in the visuals.

My original plan was to do the second parade, but we switched it to the first so we could get in the HUB area for the fireworks. We watch near CBJ and cut through Adventureland. We wound up near the Partners statue for the fireworks show.

For the parade..... I LOVED the bride part! I'm so glad to see Disney using facial lighting on the character like they do for the characters in DL Paint the Night parade. You can see Constance's face lit up and I love whatever they use to make her move/glide.... a segway maybe? Perfect for a ghost!

The Incredibles were meh, but I'm glad something was added and nothing was taken away! Same with the Buzz section. The gravediggers/Constance/HM hitchhiking ghosts/ballroom dancers section is my favorite. But I do like Wreck it Ralph and there was a little girl standing next to us saying "I smell candy!" when they passed. It was cute! I miss those things now that my kids are grown.

We may be going down again in October, but I don't think we'll do the party again. Nothing concrete yet, but it's not currently on my radar.

Last edited:

I can't wait - we just bought tickets for Sept. 22! We just got back from a longer trip on 8/12 but had the itch to see SWGE and also this and found that the weekend our kids have a Monday off is the same weekend DD doesn't have any dance practices scheduled and DS doesn't have a football game that Sunday - we were so excited that we booked a weekend trip. Can't wait to tell the kids!!

I admit that I am not a big fan of fireworks in general, after being almost hit by one a few years ago, so I am somewhat fearful of them. But Disney fireworks are shot off from such a distance that I don't have any fear of those.

Totally OT, but DS and I almost got hit by a still lightly smoldering piece of a shell during HEA in 2018. It was Jan 1st and it was absurdly cold and windy - like VERY windy. White caps all day on the 7 Seas Lagoon. I was surprised the show went on as scheduled.

But anyway, we were in the garden in front of Casey’s and the wind was blowing hard towards us. The thing landed just a few feet away - along with a few other times we had some small bits of ash rain on us - mainly during the parts with a lot of castle pyro.

Ultimately it was harmless, but it always struck as one of those weather situations which made me wonder what their tolerances really are for wind, etc.

Of course DS thought it was the coolest thing ever and still talks about the firework landing near us. :-)

The Incredibles were meh, but I'm glad something was added and nothing was taken away! Same with the Buzz section.

Sort of interesting how this hasn’t been discussed much. I don’t quite get the Incredibles and their parade part was a bit of a yawner to me, but I’m not going to complain about additions.

Am I wrong, but isn’t the “Monster Mash” mixed in with the parade soundtrack (that I think was with the Aliens and Buzz floats) new this year?

I've been watching this thread since we got back Sept 1st collecting data for next years party. I wasn't planning on posting anything more about the party we attended but something is pulling at my heart strings and my friends are encouraging me to solve my dilemma.

I met a very lovely DISer on Friday, Aug 30th party in Fantasyland. I'm partially deaf and did not hear her user name. I'm so embarrassed and truly sorry. We took a photo together but because I did not ask for your permission to post it I'm covering up your face. :blush: I would love it if you would PM me. Again, I am so sorry.

Went to the party last night without a plan in mind at all (ME=DAREDEVIL), here's how we did:

- Arrived right around 3:45, waited only a few minutes to be let in.
- Went thru bypass to get ToT bag and first candy, stopped to get photo with Minnie statue.
- Made a beeline straight to 7DMT for our 4:10 FP, rode it. Had to go back in to retrieve a costume piece left behind by youngest DD.
- Hopped on The Little Mermaid Ride with no wait, then Mermaid Ariel Meet and Greet for youngest. maybe a 10 minute wait for that.
- Beast's Castle Photopass and Magic shot for oldest DD.
- Stopped at Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner. It may have rained while we ate...not sure.
- Mandatory Haunted Mansion ride. Walked on.
- Headed to the Tiki Room for Moana M&G, wait was about 50 minutes, maybe less. By the time we got done with that, it was 7pm, Start of Party. The times we stopped by after that, the line looked pretty short. Got Dole Whip Floats afterwards.
- I think we hopped in the Country Bear ToT line after that. (longest ToT wait of the night)
- Headed back to Fantasyland so DW and Oldest DD could get Belle and Gaston's M&G. I took youngest DD thru Ariel's Grotto ToT line (fairly longish wait), got photopass-flaming pumpkin magic shot for her. Went back to B&G M&G, DW & DD not done yet, so other DD and I did a restroom break and a water run from Gaston's Tavern (I also snuck a LeFou's Brew, don't tell my wife). Got back to them as they were getting their pictures taken.
- First Parade was starting, so we decided to head to Pirates, got Magic Mirror Magic Shots and the Gus/Donut container on the way.
- Got in line for Pirates, line looked long but standby said only 15 minutes. I timed it, it was accurate, they moved a lot of people fast on it.
- By the time we got out, parade was ending and we took another rr break and hopped in the Jafar M&G line. Then a quick jaunt thru the Jungle Cruise ToT line.
- DDs wanted to meet Stitch, so we headed over to Tomorrowland. They hopped in his line and I went to go get some popcorn. They were still in line when I got back, so I went thru the Monsters Inc ToT, then sat by the exit to Stitch to watch the fireworks. Great place to watch the projections on the castle, not so great to watch the fireworks. DW and the DDs got done with the M&G as the fireworks ended. We ran thru the Monsters Inc line again. HANDFULS of candy at this point.
- Rode the PeopleMover as we needed a bit of a break. Then got a PP pic with one of the giant inflatable pumpkins.
- Headed to the front of the park to watch the parade with the idea of hopping in the Jack & Sally line as soon as it was over. DW and DD2 went to find a spot while DD1 and I ran and got the SotMK party card and some beverages.
- Popped in to the J&S M&G to see when they would stop meeting, Castmember said the line was 1 hr 15 min long at that point, so probably soon. Went back to report this to DD1, who was the one who wanted to meet them, and gave her the choice to watch the parade or see J&S, she chose the parade (it was the last night of our trip and they were pretty charactered out at that point.)
- Couple more PP photos after the parade and some quick shopping to use up the rest of our Snack Credits and we were heading out the door as the Sanderson Sisters were finishing up their show.

All and all, we were pretty satisfied with the event. Got almost everything we wanted to do accomplished. Slightly bummed at missing J&S but other characters and the FP were more a priority. Figured the shows we could watch online. Bummed I didn't get the event t-shirt I wanted or the Maleficent pin, I probably could have gotten the former, as I did see it in my size early in the night but figured I'd buy it later. Emporium didn't have it in my size at the end of the night, and I didn't want to be bothered with going to the back of the park to look for it. Wanted to try Constance's cake, but the line was pretty long, and we never went back for it. Didn't write down the locations of the other two Hitchhiking ghost containers, so that was totally on me. But, we ended up with two Gallon size bags of candy (which got DW hauled out of line at the TSA checkpoint this morning, lol), and had a lot of compliments on our costumes (the ladies were Jedi Princesses and I was Darth Goofy.) All in all, a great time, but probably not doing it again (at least not in August...too blasted hot).

TL
this sounds great, you did many of the things I hope to be able to do! I can't wait!!
Maybe a silly question ... those of you going to the party and have FP ... how did you get them? I only have tickets to the party (no park tix / not a passholder ... literally just flying in for the party). Can I link those tickets to my account to get FP early ?

also interested in veteran opinions here- also very interested in the bucket but our party is also late Oct:

AliceandPete said:
Sorry to all who’s parties are being affected by the storm. I know it’s silly in the grand scheme of things, but I also know how excited people are for their trips and parties :grouphug:.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?

Do the wristband locations inside the park start distributing wristbands at 4? I seem to remember yes, but just verifying!

**EDITED: Combed through the thread a bit more and found it confirmed.**

Last edited:
Had so much fun I added another party , another Cruella’s Halloween too.

Dd and bf land at 8:30pm 10/10. I’ll get there early and :

Reserve a locker so they uber right over and dump their stuff(MEing the suitcases)

Get in line at Tony’s for a table

And wait patiently to introduce bf to WDW and Boo to You! . Poor guy is gonna get spoiled!

Can’t do 10/11 party , he has his 1st HS rides at night. SDD, RR and ToT.

Then said said hmmm , maybe we need the Tonys Christmas party too?

My last AP with these prices, I’m packing in the weekends!!!

I've been watching this thread since we got back Sept 1st collecting data for next years party. I wasn't planning on posting anything more about the party we attended but something is pulling at my heart strings and my friends are encouraging me to solve my dilemma.

I met a very lovely DISer on Friday, Aug 30th party in Fantasyland. I'm partially deaf and did not hear her user name. I'm so embarrassed and truly sorry. We took a photo together but because I did not ask for your permission to post it I'm covering up your face. :blush: I would love it if you would PM me. Again, I am so sorry.
View attachment 433085
Love your costume.

The Cruella party thoughts a week later.

I can stand in a crowd, sit on a curb or sit in a nice chair with a wine or a bottle of water , appetizers or fun desserts. I choose sitting in a chair!

I just felt more relaxed, I watched people, I enjoyed the music, I loved watching the parade or just chatting with dd.

For me it MADE it for the night. Worst part we still had over 34000 steps that day. MK , Epcot F&W, then the party .

Yep , I liked the sitting part:cloud9:

Sort of interesting how this hasn’t been discussed much. I don’t quite get the Incredibles and their parade part was a bit of a yawner to me, but I’m not going to complain about additions.

Am I wrong, but isn’t the “Monster Mash” mixed in with the parade soundtrack (that I think was with the Aliens and Buzz floats) new this year?
Yes!! Now that you mention it, I remember! It was mixed in with the music and Edna Mode and her dancers were dancing to it and she did some kind of Frankenstein walk with her arms out. That whole new section must have it, but I honestly can't remember much about Buzz.

I thought they could've done more with the Aliens, like make them animated or something. They just sit in the saucer.

As much as I'm still crying over Hallowishes, I will say that after watching the new show and watching Illuminations for the last time this trip, you can tell a stark difference between the newer technology and fireworks and Illuminations. I'm glad they're updating the show as it seems tired. And I LOVED Illuminations for years! Same with Fantasmic. I don't even bother with it anymore.

Another reason we'll always return to WDW...

Snow White comforts boy with autism at Disney World

When it was their turn to meet Snow White, "My son was having a autism meltdown. He was crying and was overwhelmed and just having a hard time." LINK

This is why Tag Team is essential and not only will we continue to use it during our trips but I will continue to recommend it to others. No child, teen or adult should ever have to endure an emotional stressful roller coaster while waiting especially 2+ hrs. to see Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarfs during MNSSHP. It's unconscionable for anyone to assume everyone is capable. :flower3:

Another reason we'll always return to WDW...

Snow White comforts boy with autism at Disney World
View attachment 433121

When it was their turn to meet Snow White, "My son was having a autism meltdown. He was crying and was overwhelmed and just having a hard time." LINK

This is why Tag Team is essential and not only will we continue to use it during our trips but I will continue to recommend it to others. No child, teen or adult should ever have to endure an emotional stressful roller coaster while waiting especially 2+ hrs. to see Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarfs during MNSSHP. It's unconscionable for anyone to assume everyone is capable. :flower3:
How awesome?

Cute pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter