• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright party two Tuesday August 27th. Going in we had a plan but sadly we kind of threw it away. This party was completely the opposite, so many people, but we didn’t let that get in our way.

The plan was to start with Moana so we arrived at the tiki birds at 4. There was no one in line so I asked the cms where we should line up. They were so rude. They said there was no line until 5. I knew this was wrong so we lined up anway with another group. We took turns to get our bands by pirates, and we were yelled again that we were in the way of the strollers. We moved farther a way and a line formed behind us. It was so hot outside but we had smiles on our faces. At 5 a cm checked for bands and said we’d meet around 5:15. At 5:25 they brought us in line and told us to be ready. She didn’t come out until 6. Now to admit I was hot tired and hungry. However, the cms were rushing and grabbing things before it was our turn, I asked one cm to use my phone for photos, she took one picture of us talking. Moana did not want to chat and the photographer didn’t take any good pictures. We only meet with her for 1 min, no hugs no nothing. I was so upset. I was out of the line at 6:01. I should have complained but I didn’t want to make a scene, and she did not look like Moana. I understand that I may not have a child with me but I waited the same amount as others and should have been given time to at least get a good photo.

We grabbed a Mickey pretzel and water while I calmed down. I didn’t want this to ruin my night and we headed over to see Donald and daisy. We arrived at 6:30 and we were the fourth group in line. Within ten minutes the line was all the way to barnstormer. Donald is my favorite of the fab five and they must have known I wasn’t to happy because they took their time with us and we had a blast. We had some wonderful photos. We left at 7:10, I started feeling much better and we went to meet goofy. We left at 7:35 and knew it was going to be a crazier party. Plan was to stop at tea party but the line was not 15 mins more like 40. We decided to scratch the plans and see what would happen.

We headed towards space mountain and waited about 30 mins. From there we headed towards Frontierland and stopped to see the grave diggers. We arrived around 8:45 and left five minutes later. They were so much fun, definitely find time to meet them.

We then grabbed seats for the parade in front of the dvc building in Frontierland. We ran into Brer Rabbit again and he flipped out seeing me! He remembered me from the other party and I got pretend to be his cm for a while. I told him I was leaving tomorrow and he was really sad to see me go :( after a hug goodbye he went on his merry way. I mobile ordered another pirate horizon and enjoyed it while watching the costume parade. Soon the headless horesemem arrived and then the parade. I highly recommend this spot for the horsemen. He slows down and stop right there, it was perfect!

From there we walked to the hub for fireworks. We found a spot in front of the partners and found a railing to lean against. It was not great for fireworks but awesome for projections and the jack puppet! We stayed for the villains show and watching the headless horsemen cross the frontier bridge towards the hub. Since we were both tired we headed to the exit, grabbed a socerer card, and the horsemen magic shot.

It was a great night but started rough. I may still email Disney and let them know about our Moana incident, but Donald and Brer Rabbit made the night so much better. Jack and Sally was far more organized while Moana was rushed. I would not do that again.

I’m so sorry your Moana interaction was like that. She was amazing last year - even with me as a solo adult. Chatting and a good number of pictures.

I’m not negating your experience at all - more posting to let people know that it is not always that way.

Do you think the sept 17 party or sept 20 party will be busier? Touring plans has the 17 as busier but it’s a Tuesday. I thought a Tuesday would be slower 🤷🏼‍♀️. Trying to decide on our second party night.
If this other disturbance comes our way, the park will be very calm and quiet.
:rolleyes1

What!? I’ve missed the other disturbance. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

The report I saw on weather.com is that IF there is development in the 2 Atlantic systems (one just off the African coast and one about midway between that and Dorian) is that they are most likely to remain at sea based on almost al models.

Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way
View attachment 431447
Unlike the Firework dessert parties, you can check in starting at 2pm. We received our Hide-A-Way wristbands at 4:10. Cruella met everyone at their tables and PhotoPass was available. I believe first night reviews of this event ran differently. She spent enough time at each table and was very engaging. Cruella's laughter echoed throughout the building! What a hoot! Note: Cruella also roams in Fantasyland during the party.

As for the food, it was okay. Drinks, well... AWESOME!

Cast Member "Kimmy" was wonderful, very welcoming from the moment you enter Tony's Square Restaurant. She's happy to help. If you have any questions and if she doesn't know the answer she'll find it out for you offering food & beverages while waiting.
Your group must be with you at check-in. CM's will place Hide-A-Way wristbands on your left wrist.
Tip: Kimmy held our bags when we left to watch the parade which was extremely helpful, we had a lot of bags! One amazing lady! :love:
View attachment 431454
They did check for Hide-A-Way wristbands at the Flag Pole and patrolled this area the entire time of the parade.
NOTE: This post has been updated.
I agree that host was was so sweet and welcoming!

Cruella was so fun!

What!? I’ve missed the other disturbance. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
There’s always something brewing this time of year, it seems. If I were you I would start just keeping an eye on the NHC site. We did that last year to reroute around Florence and now with Dorian.
The two other disturbances:

Tonight would’ve been our party if we had stayed and had not have changed it to this past Friday. I’m interested in seeing/hearing what modifications they made to it tonight.

Whether you are there now, next week, or next month, stay safe. I know that we all have spent a great deal of time and money to plan our vacation. Most of us don’t have very many dates to choose from and must take what is available to accommodate both work and family. Enjoy and again be safe.

We have tickets to two parties during our trip, but I’m having trouble figuring out have to set up the 4th Fast Pass. The first party we’re in the MK all that day and have 3 fast passes there. The second party we’re starting the day at HS (and have 3 Fast Passes there) then heading to MK for the party. Does anyone know how I can set up the 4-6pm extra party fast passes at the MK for these days? Thanks.

We have tickets to two parties during our trip, but I’m having trouble figuring out have to set up the 4th Fast Pass. The first party we’re in the MK all that day and have 3 fast passes there. The second party we’re starting the day at HS (and have 3 Fast Passes there) then heading to MK for the party. Does anyone know how I can set up the 4-6pm extra party fast passes at the MK for these days? Thanks.
You can only get fast passes for the party if you’re not visiting a park that day prior to the party.

At the party now-

The Good- in line at 3:45 for Jack and Sally out by 5:07- in line for Stitch at 6:15out by 6:50-weather not bad crowds light.

Not so good PotC and HM have not been up the whole party- and now no fireworks-so aside from candy and parade what’s left ? Soooo glad we cancelled dessert party.

@Rivergirl2005 I met Moana when she
At the party now-

The Good- in line at 3:45 for Jack and Sally out by 5:07- in line for Stitch at 6:15out by 6:50-weather not bad crowds light.

Not so good PotC and HM have not been up the whole party- and now no fireworks-so aside from candy and parade what’s left ? Soooo glad we cancelled dessert party.

How is the Seven Dwarfs line? The Moana line?

Sorry to all who’s parties are being affected by the storm. I know it’s silly in the grand scheme of things, but I also know how excited people are for their trips and parties :grouphug:.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?

FYI, for tonight's MNSSHP:

Nighttime Entertainment Adjustments
  • Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park will continue as scheduled Monday, Sept. 2, however, due to high winds, a modified version of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular show will be presented.

Source:

https://streamingthemagic.com/walt-disney-world-adjusting-operating-hours-due-to-dorian/
Dh and I went out to the Poly beach closest to the TTC for fireworks tonight :( I should have read this thread first! The temps are so mild tonight. Parks are closing early tomorrow, at 2 pm and 3 pm.
There’s always something brewing this time of year, it seems. If I were you I would start just keeping an eye on the NHC site. We did that last year to reroute around Florence and now with Dorian.
The two other disturbances:
View attachment 432208

Tonight would’ve been our party if we had stayed and had not have changed it to this past Friday. I’m interested in seeing/hearing what modifications they made to it tonight.
This was our night too. We pushed our trip back two weeks...
It would have been our party night too. So glad we changed it to last Friday also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter