"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going in 2020 and not paying for a park day in MK and just going for the party with hopefully the 4pm early entry. Less people, less lines, awesome characters and photo pass magic shots. Will cost us the same and if we do decide we want to go for an MK day, we will do the late day price and go for evening again.

For anyone that has flown, have you been able to take your candy on the way home in your carry ons? We're trying to work out flying down for the party in a couple weeks and since it's a short trip I was hoping to not have to pay for a checked bag but then realized I would need to get candy home :)
No problem flying with candy in our carry-on. At security they said to take out any food. I pulled 5 extra large ziploc bags full of candy. They didn't bat an eye.

Thanks for all the advice on my costume. Just received the last parts of it today and found out my hook is metal. It's still a costume thing, very blunt and can do no real damage, but it's made of metal on the hook and the base of it. Will this still be allowed?

Afraid my post may get lost so wanted to reshare!

Hi all, I only want to meet one character at the party - Elvis Stitch.
What's the best time for me to get in line for him? I read he starts meeting at 6:30pm is that correct?
If I jumped in line at around 6:15pm would I be in for a long wait? Another option for me would be after the fireworks/during the second parade.
Many thanks for your help. This is a great thread!

Hi all, I only want to meet one character at the party - Elvis Stitch.
What's the best time for me to get in line for him? I read he starts meeting at 6:30pm is that correct?
If I jumped in line at around 6:15pm would I be in for a long wait? Another option for me would be after the fireworks/during the second parade.

Last year I thought that the line would be short if I met Stitch during the first parade. It was not. He took a break while I was in line.

sorry to ask the same question twice- but i think my original may have gotten swept away in a sea of much more informational and helpful posts.
So on October 10, we are (hopefully) attending MNSSHP. It will be both our first time ever and only time this year.
I have a 5 yr old and 9 yr old (boy-girl, respectively).
I have us scheduled for the garden plaza dessert party. I thought we would splurge, but I was curious of ya'lls advice. We don't want to miss the parade, BUT I also wanted them to have great seats for the parade.
Is this possible? can i hit the parade from a good spot and still get the benefit of the dessert party? Thanks in advance

I would second this...we got inline sometime before 7 and it look us until about right before the parade started to meet him. He stepped away several times and took a lot of time playing with each guest..

@BookerDewitt123

We will also be first time MNSSHP attendees, so I can't confirm from personal experience, but from what I read on this forum... yes, we can do the plaza party and then go find a good spot after the fireworks. Popular suggestion is to work your way to Adventureland / Frontierland and find a spot over there.

See previous post from HuskyForever on how they did it, and they actually made a couple stops along the away (although it sounds like their party had light attendance).... quoted below (bolded emphasis mine):
Mostly a lurker but wanted to say thanks to all for posting reviews and plans. It helped us (2 Adults, 1 5 year old) figure out what we wanted to do for last nights party. It was our first MNSSHP. We had a great time and accomplished everything we wanted to do. Our focus was ToT, fireworks, parade, Hocus Pocus Show, Teacups Overlay. Here is what we did, though forgive me, I don’t remember times for everything.

3:25pm Arrived at MK SO HOT
3:45pm Gates open YAY!
Bands were a little slow but no biggie.
Went to pick up SOTMK card then back to the bypass. We were so hot and sweaty we just skipped photo ops here.
Got TOT bags.
Bathroom break in the sweet, sweet air conditioning.
3:30-4:30 (4:15) 1st FP Buzz
Stand by People Mover No wait
4:30-530 (4:28) 2nd FP Speedway
4:50 (4:45) 3rd FP Modified Teacups
Snack break Cosmic Rays 20 mins
5:15-6 4th FP Dumbo
Stand by Under the Sea 5 min wait
Stand by Carousel 15 min wait
~6:10 pm Stand by HM 10 min wait
6:30-6:50pm Pretzel break in Frontierland
6:55pm ToT Miners Cove
ToT Splash Mountain Long lines but steady moving. 5-10 mins
ToT CBJ 5 mins 2 stops
ToT Diamond Horseshoe 5 mins
ToT PhilharMagic 2 treat stops Took a break inside to cool off.
ToT Pinocchio Village Haus
ToT Ariel’s Grotto 10 mins. This was a slow trail for us and we got 2 pieces of candy.
ToT Railroad Station. Also super slow, long line. At least we got a handful of candy.
Btw, this area was a hot mess. There were lines everywhere and it was hard to immediately tell what they were for. We got outta there fast.
Teacups with overlay. 10-15 min wait
At this point it’s close to 8:15
ToT Cosmic Ray’s
Stopped by Descendance Party. Was pretty impressive. We watched for 20 mins (kiddo too shy to dance). DJ was fun, energetic, and engaging. Guided some dances. Constant “video calls” from the Descendants characters, as well as music videos.
ToT Monsters Inc 2 stops stayed to watch for 10 mins
9pm Check-in Garden Plaza Dessert Party. No line, separate check-in. Spent just under an hour relaxing. Treats were fine, worth it to us to not stress about a spot. I’m short and ALWAYS end up with someone tall standing right in front of me. Kiddo was worn out so she enjoyed sitting, eating, drinking, and no boring waiting.
9:55pm walk to Garden. Lots of space, back rail mostly full for unobstructed views. We stood on left side about 6 ft in front of back rail.
10:15pm Fireworks. Fun. Not HEA great, but enjoyable.
10:35 Bathroom break, then fight the Main Street crowd to head to Adventureland.
ToT Jungle Cruise
Stand by Flying Carpets. Waited 1 ride cycle
ToT CBJ now only 1 treat stop
10:55pm Found a parade spot just outside exit of CBJ (the walk through at the exit eventually gets roped off adding additional spots to get front row view)
11:10 Headless Horseman
11:15 Parade

Followed parade to Hub
12:00am Hocus Pocus. So fun!
On way out, 2 magic shots (flaming pumpkin, poison apple cauldron)
Bought Halloween Party Pin
Headless Horseman Magic Shot before exit (there were 4 photopass photographers set up so very speedy)

Whew! We were exhausted but had a great time. We were worried about possible rain since we had such a big storm the night before. Little bit of rain around 3:20pm, maybe a sprinkle for a couple of minutes at some point but nothing else. It was definitely hot the whole night.

We thought it was like a regular park day in regards to crowds but we enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

We're getting ready for our party now! Hoping to meet the Aladdin crew and ride space with the overlay, watch the parade and fireworks and do some trick or treating. Hope the weather holds out for us!

I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I have an upcoming trip with a party on the first day then a 5 day ticket then a party on the last day for a total of 7 days. Am I to make all my FP for the 5 days before I attempt any on the 2 party days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter