"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! And UCT has a 90 day refund policy too and if you get hit with inclement weather I'm not positive how Disney will help you considering you didn't purchase directly from them. Need more data on this. Also thought Sam's Club sold Party tickets.

UPDATE: Sam's does have the party tickets, all of the dates are available to purchase Adult Gate price with Tax $84.14, Sam's $77 8/27/19 party. prices go up accordingly.
Tickets at Work also has them. $74 or $77 I think. I ended up buying through Disney with AP discount cause it was so close in price.

Quick report while waiting for the bus. Also had a great night. Crowds were great from my perspective, totally manageable and much better than I expected.

Will report more later but really couldn’t have asked for a better night for what we like about these parties.

We were there tonight. Crowds were lighter than last Friday for sure. The lines for the rides were all pretty short. We rode everything except Mine Train, which we aren’t really interested in.

We pretty much focused on rides and TOT tonight. Since we have the Party Pass, we don’t feel the need to do everything every time we go. We will be back next Friday to focus on fireworks and the parade.

We really enjoyed the Pirates overlay. It was definitely better than the previous ones. Some of those actors are very quick witted.

We saw the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket at the popcorn cart in the hub on the way to Fantasyland, and at the Adventureland popcorn cart.

Too tired to write a proper review, but just very happy with our evening. We (me and DS9) had two main goals - hit every TOT station and get various merchandise such as pins, the Hitchhiking Ghost vessels, etc. Secondary goals were PhotoPass shots and overlay rides. Plus parade(s) and fireworks. So, not crazy goals, but still.

We did everything we wanted except the rides - although we could have if we had made more of an effort. Lines were either nonexistent to swift moving for TOT stations.

Got the three Hitchhiking Ghost things with minimal effort or waits all in the 8-9pm timeframe. Sort of a pain to carry around the rest of the night, but with no/few people in line, I jumped at the chance early.

Got our pins and a MB at Frontier Trading Post with no wait around 9ish.

Will have to go back and remind myself what PhotoPass shots we did, but we did plenty. Most waits were quite short.

Navigating the park was pretty easy from my perspective. We did a Sept Friday party last year where just getting around was painful - nothing like that tonight in our travels.

Plaza Garden Viewing dessert party delivered the great view as always, but in some ways I’m not so sure I really needed it. The Hub was crowded, but it wasn’t crazy crowded. Seemed like prior MNSSHPs to me just from the looks of things, although hard to really tell when in the garden since you can’t see everything.

The Plaza Garden itself was not crowded at all. We got to the garden around 10 and got a perfect spot on the back left rail (my preferred location). I thought for sure getting to the garden so late would mean no rail, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Only real complaint of the night was the Plaza Garden desserts! I do those things more for the viewing than the food anyway, but they just all seemed blah and uninspired to me. Total sugar bombs.

(Don’t read this next part if you don’t want to hear about fireworks)
The new fireworks show has an interesting soundtrack, but man, there’s some serious pyro in my opinion. No full 180 degree shots but tons of the partial 180 throughout the show. It felt like a “larger” show than HEA, as it should. While I won’t be humming the soundtrack tomorrow, two thumbs up from me. And that’s from someone who passionately loved HalloWishes.

We don’t really mess with the characters, so I can’t speak to that.

Didn’t arrive at MK until just before 8pm due to flight delays (don’t do MNSSHP your arrival day, kids). :-) Although of course I knew the risks when I made the plans.

Left MK at 12 and back in room at 12:31, so no complaints there.

Not sure if we just hit a good night or what, but to me this felt just like the early Sept parties we used to do a few years ago before we had to start living with the school calendar.

Sorry for the ramble, brain is mush.

Might not answer quickly but happy to answer any questions.

Glad to hear the good reports coming in. I’m really nervous about our party date since it’s Labor Day plus SWGE and F&W. Fingers crossed we have a good night.

@GADisneyDad14 how was the view of Jack from the Plaza Garden?

I'm too tired to post but we had an amazing party night tonight as well, and an even better trip (ala best experience ever) so far at Coronado Springs. Must.get.sleep. ...Then off to Universal tomorrow afternoon after a late brunch at Raglan.

We had such a great party night! We went expecting a crowded party after Tuesday’s reports but we didn’t feel crowded.

They let us in at 345. I went straight to get my sorcerer card then we walked to the hub to check on pumpkin Mickey popcorn bucket. No sign of it yet. We had fast pass for haunted mansion but didn’t really need it. Then walk right on Its a Small world, the TMRR was about 20 minutes. We then used our only other fastpass for PoC. We went back to hub to check popcorn bucket then on to Tomorrowland. We kept seeing alien popcorn buckets and I have wanted one forever. Found him by space mountain. Then we went to Carousel of Progress. We then did SDMT and the wait was 30 minutes. It was now 7 pm so we went back to the hub and got popcorn bucket.

From there we went to try the new Lotso burger and it was so good! We checked the app and Mickey was only 15 minutes so off to see Mickey. We then walked through the ToT and do some of the shots with the signs. There was no one back there!!!

We then decided to try Space Mountain. I did not try it at last year’s party and wanted to try it this year. The wait was 35 minutes and it was awesome! I had so much fun.

We then went back to Haunted Mansion. My sister loves it so we rode again and then did the magic shots after we were entertained by ? (What is that woman’s name? Carlotta?) and her butler. Try funny.

By this time it was 940 so we headed around the castle and came in from Tomorrowland to stake out a place for the fireworks, Hocus Pocus, and then the parade.

After all the entertainment we were done! But we did walk through the shops and stopped at the Theater to do the $59 memory maker. They were also giving away a free 8x10 tonight.

We had so much fun!! It was so humid! But really did everything we wanted to do.

So thankful to hear there are still parties that are manageable! Ours is two weeks from last night, the Friday after Labor Day. Maybe people who want to be among the first to see GE and F&W will have left! I am encouraged that maybe the first two parties will be some of the more crowded until October. I will be watching the lines app and reports for the next two Friday parties for sure.

Fantastic night! I think this thread helped a lot because we were expecting crazy crowds so it didn't feel crowded when we saw them. When crowds seem to zig, you've gotta zag!

We were Peter Pan, Wendy, John and Michael if anyone saw us last night! And yes, my DS 12 survived that thick pink one piece! He loved the attention!

For trick or treaters out there, it seems like most people start in Fantasyland/ Tomorrowland so do the opposite! We started in Frontierland and had almost no waits.

Also, anyone wondering about uber from Contemporary, it was amazing! We watched the last Hocus Pocus show, walked to Contemporary and were picked up 3 minutes after ordering. We were back at out room at Royal Pacific in Universal at 1am! So fast!

Great night!

Glad to hear the good reports coming in. I’m really nervous about our party date since it’s Labor Day plus SWGE and F&W. Fingers crossed we have a good night.

Good question! So, Jack is just a bit too small and too far away to see with any good entertainment value from the Plaza Garden, in my opinion. You can see him if you know what to look for, but he easily could be missed.

The DIS will probably downsize the photo quality too much to really see, but Jack is there at the front of the castle.

First pic is iPhone x2 zoom, second is no zoom.

58B43EE4-57B5-4EA1-A6A7-5AE0EB7FB7C9.jpeg
A726FA21-9810-4DA2-9ED9-CA1E8BDEB45C.jpeg

If last night had been a sell out at the crowd levels that were experienced, I'd feel a lot better about the chances of other parties being great. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I watched a live stream and they were announcing where to go buy tickets so most likely it wasn't even close. So for now it would seem to be a very expensive crap shoot as to what anyone's party will look like.

We are going Friday 8/30 and also nervous about this, but we have a plan of what we want to do and anything else is just a bonus!

Too tired to write a proper review, but just very happy with our evening. We (me and DS9) had two main goals - hit every TOT station and get various merchandise such as pins, the Hitchhiking Ghost vessels, etc. Secondary goals were PhotoPass shots and overlay rides. Plus parade(s) and fireworks. So, not crazy goals, but still.

We did everything we wanted except the rides - although we could have if we had made more of an effort. Lines were either nonexistent to swift moving for TOT stations.

Got the three Hitchhiking Ghost things with minimal effort or waits all in the 8-9pm timeframe. Sort of a pain to carry around the rest of the night, but with no/few people in line, I jumped at the chance early.

Got our pins and a MB at Frontier Trading Post with no wait around 9ish.

Will have to go back and remind myself what PhotoPass shots we did, but we did plenty. Most waits were quite short.

Navigating the park was pretty easy from my perspective. We did a Sept Friday party last year where just getting around was painful - nothing like that tonight in our travels.

Plaza Garden Viewing dessert party delivered the great view as always, but in some ways I’m not so sure I really needed it. The Hub was crowded, but it wasn’t crazy crowded. Seemed like prior MNSSHPs to me just from the looks of things, although hard to really tell when in the garden since you can’t see everything.

The Plaza Garden itself was not crowded at all. We got to the garden around 10 and got a perfect spot on the back left rail (my preferred location). I thought for sure getting to the garden so late would mean no rail, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Only real complaint of the night was the Plaza Garden desserts! I do those things more for the viewing than the food anyway, but they just all seemed blah and uninspired to me. Total sugar bombs.

(Don’t read this next part if you don’t want to hear about fireworks)
The new fireworks show has an interesting soundtrack, but man, there’s some serious pyro in my opinion. No full 180 degree shots but tons of the partial 180 throughout the show. It felt like a “larger” show than HEA, as it should. While I won’t be humming the soundtrack tomorrow, two thumbs up from me. And that’s from someone who passionately loved HalloWishes.

We don’t really mess with the characters, so I can’t speak to that.

Didn’t arrive at MK until just before 8pm due to flight delays (don’t do MNSSHP your arrival day, kids). :-) Although of course I knew the risks when I made the plans.

Left MK at 12 and back in room at 12:31, so no complaints there.

Not sure if we just hit a good night or what, but to me this felt just like the early Sept parties we used to do a few years ago before we had to start living with the school calendar.

Sorry for the ramble, brain is mush.

Might not answer quickly but happy to answer any questions.
Do you normally feel "uninspired" at the dessert parties, or was this one different? I'm still considering this upcharge because of the view. But I'm justifying it because of the speciality treats. I figure we would be able to sample several desserts instead of purchasing them separately. There haven't been enough reviews yet, to really push me one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter