"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Before this I hadn't known they sold party and DAH tickets at a discount.
Are they cheaper than tickets with the AP discount? I didn't know they had them either.

The one I bought this year just showed up on my list of tickets, no e-mail or anything. I have an active AP so I suspect that's the reason.

I got my party tickets through an agent, no options but email. I called Disney to have them added to my magic bands and the cm said it wasn't possable, that all the party tickets were only email tickets and nothing could be done. Asked here ,went on the disney ap and uploaded it myself in like 2 minutes. So , there is a lot of misinformation out there, and it depends how much experiance the cm has that you call. Point of the post is dont believe everything thats said to you , even if it is an official Disney rep saying it!
What? Mine are in MDE as well.. that's so wierd

Are they cheaper than tickets with the AP discount? I didn't know they had them either.

The one I bought this year just showed up on my list of tickets, no e-mail or anything. I have an active AP so I suspect that's the reason.
The ticket for my night was $2.93 less from UT than Disney direct with an AP. I used discounted Disney gift cards so I came out ahead. I also like having the flexibility to work with Disney if an issue comes up. I know tickets are "non-refundable" and "non-transferable," but if you get the right CM anything is possible. I bet I could easily change my night or go from MNSSHP to MVMCP with what I already paid if need be.

The ticket for my night was $2.93 less from UT than Disney direct with an AP. I used discounted Disney gift cards so I came out ahead. I also like having the flexibility to work with Disney if an issue comes up. I know tickets are "non-refundable" and "non-transferable," but if you get the right CM anything is possible. I bet I could easily change my night or go from MNSSHP to MVMCP with what I already paid if need be.
Good to know. I might go that route if I come again or I can get the wife to deal with October crowds and heat.

Yup! And UCT has a 90 day refund policy too and if you get hit with inclement weather I'm not positive how Disney will help you considering you didn't purchase directly from them. Need more data on this. Also thought Sam's Club sold Party tickets.

UPDATE: Sam's does have the party tickets, all of the dates are available to purchase Adult Gate price with Tax $84.14, Sam's $77 8/27/19 party. prices go up accordingly.

Last edited:
Yup! And UCT has a 90 day refund policy too and if you get hit with inclement weather I'm not positive how Disney will help you considering you didn't purchase directly from them. Need more data on this. Also thought Sam's Club sold Party tickets.
Excellent point! Not sure how that would work in the event of inclement weather. :confused3

I also checked Sam's and it was way overpriced in comparison. I posted this in a different thread on the budget board last week:

Disney direct has the night I want with AP/DVC discount for $106.50 (At least 10% GC savings brings it to $95.85-ish)
UT has it for $103.67 (3x travel on CSR, redeemed towards travel brings it to $99-ish)
Sam's has it for $110.33 (I have no discounted WM GCs)

Excellent point! Not sure how that would work in the event of inclement weather. :confused3

I also checked Sam's and it was way overpriced in comparison. I posted this in a different thread on the budget board last week:

Disney direct has the night I want with AP/DVC discount for $106.50 (At least 10% GC savings brings it to $95.85-ish)
UT has it for $103.67 (3x travel on CSR, redeemed towards travel brings it to $99-ish)
Sam's has it for $110.33 (I have no discounted WM GCs)
Buddy, you are always working it! Crunch those numbers $$$$$ :rotfl:

My comment was definitely how bad the MNSSHP dessert party's allergy plate was for my son who has allergies to peanut/tree nuts and shellfish. If I understood the server coordinator person correctly she said it was gluten free also - it seemed to be a standard allergy plate so I'm betting it was dairy free and everything free but I definitely do not know that as a fact.

See my previous comment - my son has similar allergies - not to food coloring however. What did he receive at the MNSSHP dessert party in the past? Just curious! This was a plate of disgusting desserts. Our only previous dessert party experience was the Jingle Bam party and he got a box of desserts that were amazing - wasn't plated but in a box. He was told he could also eat some items off the buffet but at this party - even after asking twice - they wouldn't send a chef out and the coordinator said no - they wouldn't tell us if anything like the savory food was safe (it was some sort of cheeseburger eggroll or something - I honestly cannot remember). He can eat "made in a facility" just not "may contain." I've eaten a lot of gluten free foods as well and the stuff on this plate was just SO bad. I plan to email them about it because they need to change it up or just let people know they cannot provide an edible allergy plate. Disney is generally excellent with this - he has never been given something this inedible. One person with us said the chocolate cupcakes tasted like someone tried to make cornbread and took a wrong turn...lol! The plate had about 4-5 little chocolate cupcakes with a dollop of icing, some sliced pound cake - like 3 slices - that was lemon I think (the only halfway edible thing but who wants that much of the same thing? ), 2 chocolate covered strawberries, and I cannot remember the other thing.
Thank you for posting this, I have cancelled my reservation because this is unacceptable...my son is peanut/tree nut and I won't pay that much money for something that isn't edible.

I got in the park by 2 with an annual
Pass. Was in line by 2:20. The first picture is the line around 3;42. The second one is ar 4;25. I was in for meet and greet by 4:38 and out by 4:45. I was 5th group from the front
Thank you! This is great to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter