"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, 5 minutes?! I agree they move just not that fast especially between 7-8:30pm which is peak time. I also think it depends how crowded your party is. You'll have plenty of time to guesstimate how many treat stations to go to when you're in the thick of it.

And yes, we're talking about a lot of adults and kids. @supercarrie and @yorkieteacher you might want to read this: blog.
I know we waited a lot longer than 5 min for ToT at the train station last year!!!

Parade starts at 8:15 and is approximately 20 minutes long. If you watch near Liberty Square it should be past you by 8:45. Head to TT behind the castle, arrive by 9:00. Gives you 30 minutes to enjoy desserts before heading to the garden to watch the show (garden will be better viewing and is less expensive!). I like to arrive 30 minutes or so before the show as I’m picky about my spot, but you could wait until longer and still have a good view, giving you more time to snack. Totally doable!
Does the red dotted line (the path the day parade takes) indicate the correct path the Halloween parade will trace? I am assuming yes, but just checking with those who have been? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• disney-magic-kingdom-map.jpg
    disney-magic-kingdom-map.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 31
Thanks! So it's good to know its doable, but I don't want to "waste" that much party time by not being able to do anything else (but eat desserts) between the first parade and the fireworks. That was my rational for doing the terrace party and eating desserts pretty much solely during the fireworks, not before. I'm thinking that it's best to just save the money and not do the dessert party, and either be packed in like sardines with a decent site fairly last minute or get a spot that isn't good for projections but have more time for other stuff. Unfortunately we have to go on the first night, so we won't have any idea what the crowds will be like and we already know the first nights are always terrible! But it's that or don't go, so we're going!

It's not like you have to stay there the entire time. I think that's what the confusion is about. Last year my girlfriend and I showed up 30-40 minutes prior to the parade at the Plaza. That gave us time to take a much need restroom break, get cleaned up, eat then go back for seconds. If you would rather take your food with you go for it. Bring your own collapsible containers or use theirs. How much time you spend there is up to you.

And twice, CM's came by our table with "Happy Birthday" plates and greetings, so it was very relaxing time wise.

I brought my own Kleen Kanteen to fill up on drinks which was much needed due to the heat!

Last edited:
Tips for getting the magic shots done? I feel like theres always a long wait for certain ones. In the past we got the headless horseman and the poison apple/cauldron. Would love one by HM.
Also is HM usually a long wait? I havent done it during MNSSHP bc my youngest has always been too scared lol

I host "Magic Shot - Current Thread" and still have what was available last year if you would like to see. Here's the: LINK

Which is also found in my Signature below under 'Click' on the links below to get you where you want to go...

Tips for getting the magic shots done? I feel like theres always a long wait for certain ones. In the past we got the headless horseman and the poison apple/cauldron. Would love one by HM.
Also is HM usually a long wait? I havent done it during MNSSHP bc my youngest has always been too scared lol

Last year our goal was to do as many magic shots as we could. First thing you want to do is figure out which ones you wont mind doing in the daytime. Most of the ones in the bypass can be done when you first arrive.

For the ones with longer lines. like everything else in the party the later you wait to do it the shorter the line is. Hitchhiking ghost and haunted mansion we did near the end and had no waits.
.the headless horseman I would advise getting after it is dark but wouldnt wait to late on that one. But have heard people getting it on the way out.

FYI - Liberty Square Market seating area is under construction. This should not cause issues watching the BTY Parade but if this was a family meeting spot you might want to choose another place.

Thanks Blog Mickey

The last MNSSHP we went to was the first part of 2015 and it was such a nightmare. The crowds were so insane, the park was not cleared properly-most people around us didn't have wristbands on for the fireworks. It just wasn't fun, we didn't even make the parade.

So we are back this year at party time, 8/31-9/9, and we want to try again especially since we have a newbie along. So the plan right now is to attend the party on Labor Day. My thinking was that maybe it wouldn't be as crowded as the Friday party. The party on 9/8 might be an option, we leave on 9/9, but the flight is at 8:30PM.

All of my plans in place now are with the intention of doing the party on Labor Day, but can be easily moved around. So Labor Day or 9/8? Is there going to be a noticeable difference in crowds? Anyone been to the Labor Day party?

I'm nervous about trying to fit it all in. Characters, parade, fireworks, and treat trails are what we are after. Want to ride POTC, HM, and SM. How on earth can we do all of it?
I'm looking forward to the first parties so I can see how they are doing things, where characters are, and what the crowds are like.

FYI - Liberty Square Market seating area is under construction. This should not cause issues watching the BTY Parade but if this was a family meeting spot you might want to choose another place.

View attachment 421891

View attachment 421892

Thanks Blog Mickey

Any idea when this construction will be completed? Same with the path along the castle by Sleep Hollow? Hoping they plan on it being done by the MNSSHPs in early September

I’ve heard a lot about going to guest services to prioritize tickets, or linking party tickets to secondary MDE profiles and using a hard ticket for entry to ensure that a regular park day is not used. However, I’m not clear on this—if I link the party ticket to my primary MDE and use the hard ticket to enter (as opposed to using a magicband), will that hard ticket still be “dedicated” for the party? Or does it “convert” to having full MDE access just like the magicband, thus necessitating a visit to guest services anyway? TIA!

I’ve heard a lot about going to guest services to prioritize tickets, or linking party tickets to secondary MDE profiles and using a hard ticket for entry to ensure that a regular park day is not used. However, I’m not clear on this—if I link the party ticket to my primary MDE and use the hard ticket to enter (as opposed to using a magicband), will that hard ticket still be “dedicated” for the party? Or does it “convert” to having full MDE access just like the magicband, thus necessitating a visit to guest services anyway? TIA!

If you link your party ticket to MDE and use the Hard Ticket upon entrance there is no change. Your FP's, MM and ticket remain intact on your magicband, nothing "converts".

Any idea when this construction will be completed? Same with the path along the castle by Sleep Hollow? Hoping they plan on it being done by the MNSSHPs in early September

The above photo and this one of the pathway were taken on July 31st, I haven't seen a completion date mentioned for either projects.

I'm at work right now and I don't have the time right now to look through all 116 pages so I apologize if this has been asked before.
My FP window opens tomorrow.

Are either the Halloween parade or fireworks a FP during MNSSHP?

I'm at work right now and I don't have the time right now to look through all 116 pages so I apologize if this has been asked before.
My FP window opens tomorrow.

Are either the Halloween parade or fireworks a FP during MNSSHP?
No FP. However they have a desert party that gives you reserved place for the fireworks and a Cruella party at Tony's that gives you reserved area for the parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter