• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think plenty of people have chimed in with successful attempts already with booking FP+ for the party, but I just made mine this morning for my 8/23 party and wanted to reinterate no issues. This is the only ticket linked to my account (we're mainly doing Universal this trip).

What I was surprised to see though, was that all 7DMT FP+ were gone already for the day (61+ days out). In the past I've never had problems getting it for any time I wanted in the 330-6p window. I saw it on website that shows FP+ availability last night that distribution was done for this day, but I just couldn't believe it. Guess I'll have to research the best way to ride it standby. Since its inception I have never ridden it standby so this will be a first for me lol. Guess my something new experience this go round, will be actually seeing the standby cue for the first time.
Can you tell me or message me what website it is that tells you the abaviliblity?

Just adding in my experience. We are going on 8/20, so I just booked FP at the end of last week. Now, we are only doing the party so I don't have the 60+ to rely on and I wasn't figuring I would get 7DMT, but I have gone in a few times to try and modify things, and there are hardly any options after 3:15 p.m. when I do so. I have three more people to add to my party who haven't bought their tickets yet, and I am worried about being able to add them in later given what I am seeing as hardly any availability right now. I'm wondering if they will drop more at some point. I'm a pretty wise FP booker with mutliple trips' experience and I haven't seen this little availability ever.

Quoting myself lol...so I looked today for FP+ again for 8/20 using "modify" and there is not one option available after 3:15 p.m. This far out there should at least be some of the less popular FP available - I wouldn't think 8/20 would be that busy of a day. Anyone else experiencing this in their FP booking? Maybe it's a glitch? Not even things like Mad Tea Party or Monster's Inc Laugh Floor that tend to always have FP available are available after 3:15. It just says "we didn't find any results that matched your selection. Here are the closest available times" and then the times available are like 2:25, 2:50, 3:05, etc. with the latest being 3:15 for any attraction!

Quoting myself lol...so I looked today for FP+ again for 8/20 using "modify" and there is not one option available after 3:15 p.m. This far out there should at least be some of the less popular FP available - I wouldn't think 8/20 would be that busy of a day. Anyone else experiencing this in their FP booking? Maybe it's a glitch? Not even things like Mad Tea Party or Monster's Inc Laugh Floor that tend to always have FP available are available after 3:15. It just says "we didn't find any results that matched your selection. Here are the closest available times" and then the times available are like 2:25, 2:50, 3:05, etc. with the latest being 3:15 for any attraction!

So this is interesting. I already made my FP for August 16th. MNSSHP tickets only this trip, no park tickets. When I go to modify and search for other times - nothing is available past 3:20.

So this is interesting. I already made my FP for August 16th. MNSSHP tickets only this trip, no park tickets. When I go to modify and search for other times - nothing is available past 3:20.

It won't show you options that conflict with another FP. So, if you're modifying a 3:30 but have FP at 4:30 and 5:30 already, it won't show you anything that touches the 4:30 - 6 window your 2nd and 3rd FP block out. This limits your modify options in the 1st FP to 3:30 or earlier.

Try modifying a later FP and you'll see what's available in the later window.

I swear I saw there will be beer and wine at Cruella's Halloween Hideaway, but now I don't see mention of that anywhere. Did I make this up in my head?

Follow-up question... what are typical plans for the day after the party? I assume not doing another rope-drop the next morning.

We have a late (10:05A) ADR at 1900 PF then plan to head back to the resort (YC) to get ready for the Waynama Safari at AKL. If we’re not dragging after breakfast and have an hour or two, maybe mini golf at Fantasia.

Bah, it will probably only be a placeholder or more than likely I'll buyer's remorse it, but I reserved the Fireworks Dessert Party Plaza viewing (against my better judgement).

I want to see how the 2nd party is (hopefully someone will announce) in terms of crowds in the Hub (I do not use 1st party as an indicator for anything) . If its HEA insane, I'll begrudgingly keep this for our party 8/23. I like sitting in the lawn and dont want to start holding a spot a 100 days ahead of time for it, or sharing a shoulder with someone else during the show. My kids loved the HS Star Wars Dessert Party and have been begging for another (I'm going to try and start begging them to pay for it and see what happens).

Bah, it will probably only be a placeholder or more than likely I'll buyer's remorse it, but I reserved the Fireworks Dessert Party Plaza viewing (against my better judgement).

I want to see how the 2nd party is (hopefully someone will announce) in terms of crowds in the Hub (I do not use 1st party as an indicator for anything) . If its HEA insane, I'll begrudgingly keep this for our party 8/23. I like sitting in the lawn and dont want to start holding a spot a 100 days ahead of time for it, or sharing a shoulder with someone else during the show. My kids loved the HS Star Wars Dessert Party and have been begging for another (I'm going to try and start begging them to pay for it and see what happens).
Don’t forget there’s a 5-day cancellation policy on this one.....you’ll have to go by first party reviews, unfortunately.

Don’t forget there’s a 5-day cancellation policy on this one.....you’ll have to go by first party reviews, unfortunately.

That was the next thing I was going to look at. Thanks for letting me know...and for making me contradict myself lol.

Thanks for the reminder, I added that to my Itinerary and will cancel if need be. Hope to see awesome reports. I'll be checking the weather forecast closely too.

FYI - to those interested, Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way is a 2 day cancellation. This is confirmed on the email Disney sent me.

It won't show you options that conflict with another FP. So, if you're modifying a 3:30 but have FP at 4:30 and 5:30 already, it won't show you anything that touches the 4:30 - 6 window your 2nd and 3rd FP block out. This limits your modify options in the 1st FP to 3:30 or earlier.

Try modifying a later FP and you'll see what's available in the later window.

I didn't even think of that - so much for the "I'm a FP veteran" that I wrote in my original post lol. Thanks for the help!

For those of us who love the Halloween spirit however don’t enjoy walking around sweaty and hot I’ve always found that the shirts get the job done they’re cute and affective and really get you into the mood

Attachments

• 139C1CDB-EAEF-45EE-86A2-9B1EAF207FDA.jpeg
    139C1CDB-EAEF-45EE-86A2-9B1EAF207FDA.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FD1456DA-B4A1-467B-9D8D-3A4DC07C7C47.jpeg
    FD1456DA-B4A1-467B-9D8D-3A4DC07C7C47.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 127F10D0-6B26-4596-A186-17D658ECDDD2.jpeg
    127F10D0-6B26-4596-A186-17D658ECDDD2.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
Any idea how many tickets they may sell for Cruella's. Wondering how crowded it will be as Tony's is a smaller restaurant.

Any idea how many tickets they may sell for Cruella's. Wondering how crowded it will be as Tony's is a smaller restaurant.

Well it’s supposedly a grab and go so I assume until they sell out. You’re suppose to get your food maybe cool out and get out and enjoy the party and then enjoy parade viewing.

The restaurant boasts three eating areas: The main room, which simulates a classic yet casual Italian eatery; a glass-enclosed sun room for prime park viewing and protection from the elements; and an outdoor patio directly on Main Street.

Seating Capacity - 245

I thought I read on WDW website that they would like us to share tables with other guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter