"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a MNSSHP newbie, I'm reading advice here and trying to organize a plan for my family. My dad, late 70's, will be attending - fit but I still want to be aware of him when planning.
4:00pm- enter MK / get bands
use 3:20pm FP, then 4:20pm FP, then 5:20pm FP (probably space mountain, peter pan and Haunted Mansion)
6:00pm- Casey's for a small break / supper
7:00-8:45pm- ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion / hope to see Cadaver Dans, do a few trick or treat stops
8:45pm check in for fireworks dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace / break
10:15 fireworks??? I think this is the time? / garden plaza
10:45-? suggestions?
11:15pm see second parade across from Pecos Bill, then try to get a ride on Splash after parade ends
-do we have time for anything else after this parade? more trick or treating on way out???

We are ok missing photo opportunities. While we'd love to have them, it's our first party and we don't want to spend a ton of time in lines for pictures. We really want to see fireworks (booked plaza dessert party) and parade, Cadaver Dans, a few trick or treat stops, a ride on HM. Is there something that you feel is a 'must do' that is not on our list? We are just trying to enjoy our last night at Disney by soaking up the party vibe (really never thought we'd be able to get to a party because I'm a teacher but with this early party date, we look at it as a bonus!) 10:45pm suggestions? Or do we need to go directly to parade viewing spot after fireworks end? TIA
You’re going to want to try and head for your parade spot shortly after the fireworks are over. The front row spots will fill by 10:45. Depending on the length of the new show, you may have time to stop for a magic shot or two as you make your way to Frontierland, not not enough time for a ride or character greeting unless you don’t mind being two or three rows deep for the parade.

You’re going to want to try and head for your parade spot shortly after the fireworks are over. The front row spots will fill by 10:45. Depending on the length of the new show, you may have time to stop for a magic shot or two as you make your way to Frontierland, not not enough time for a ride or character greeting unless you don’t mind being two or three rows deep for the parade.

So you recommend watching the parade at Frontierland? I’ve been following this thread for a little while, but I may have missed some of the parade hints. Is the main advantage that the parade starts over there first? Or is it easier than getting a spot on Main Street? We were kinda in that area the last time we were there for Halloween. But it wasn’t planned and we were not on the curb. We usually like to be on Main Street, especially for the Christmas parade. However I’d be willing to try another spot, if it works better.

I dont want to dissuade you but those coveralls look like they would be very hot. Our experience with MNSSHP has always involved very warm weather (we've gone in Sept and October). This year we go early Sept and I am not looking forward to the heat!
what sort of ovrerolls do thick be best and what sort of things could I go as with them

Just got tickets for the Friday, October 25th party because....there are almost NO evenings for me to be in the Magic Kingdom unless I buy party tickets. Example: Tuesday October 22 is not listed as a party night as of today but the Magic Kingdom is listed as closing at 6PM that night anyway. So....I will be making a plan based on this thread for that date and see the Halloween Parade and Fireworks instead. My priorities are: certain rides at night, fireworks, castle projection show and possibly the parade. We do not want to stand in lines for M&G opportunities but will want some Magic Shots. I don't eat candy. We have a "during MNSSHP reservation for a BOG so we can have some wine and dinner before attempting this party. This is not my DH's "cup of tea". We are doing HHN at Universal the next week with a RIP tour etc. Hopefully he will not "die of boredom" so I can watch fireworks.

... This is not my DH's "cup of tea". We are doing HHN at Universal the next week with a RIP tour etc. Hopefully he will not "die of boredom" so I can watch fireworks.

If any of the rides have "overlays" this year, maybe he can do those and then he will feel like he did something that you can only do during the party. Even if he ends up not liking them, it's still a "party only" experience.

Same thing regarding the food and desserts - find out which are "party only" and see if he wants to try them. (Although you said you have a BOG resie so maybe that won't work.)

So you recommend watching the parade at Frontierland? I’ve been following this thread for a little while, but I may have missed some of the parade hints. Is the main advantage that the parade starts over there first? Or is it easier than getting a spot on Main Street?
Both.
I also enjoy the “spooky” atmosphere over there.
I prefer Main Street at MVMCP for the snow, but that doesn’t matter at Halloween!

FEMALE Character's who wear overalls:
UP! - Ellie
View attachment 399347

Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2 & Despicable Me 3 - Agnes Gru
View attachment 399348

MALE Character's who wear overalls:
Conductor, Contractor, Farmer - Goofy
View attachment 399349

Wreck-It Ralph – Ralph
View attachment 399350

Peg Leg Pete
View attachment 399351

Toy Story - Stinky Pete
View attachment 399352

Dennis the Menace 1987 film
View attachment 399353

None of these wear a corset, so not sure where you're going with that. Hope you plan on buying chambray denim @ksromack has pointed out denim is a very thick and hot fabric to wear during MNSSHP. Good luck! :thumbsup2

I would still be looking to use corset when use overalls in order to bring waist in as much as possible so that I look the part more

I've been following this thread for a while. It'll be the rest of my party's first MNSSHP, and my first one since 2016! The rest of the family is extremely excited.

... with that being said, I've decided to finally come out of lurkdom because I'm extremely invested in this overall/corset discussion. :listen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter