"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th
I got in line for Jack & Sally last year at 3:15pm. I'd say that the line didn't really start filling in until around 3:30pm. Right at 4pm it got really long. We were about 4th in line and were out of there by 4:10pm. I think your DD will be fine to go use her FP and get back in line, she may even try to use the fast pass a bit early at 3:15 to give her some more cushion. I used this hour waiting as a time to relax in the air conditioning and eat a snack! It was perfect! They were so fun to meet too, definitely worth the wait!!
I'd still pay attention to the reports for the first party in case anything is different this year with the J&S meet.
Thanks for the information. I am planning to be glued to the DIS for all reports prior to the 8/27 party. Hopefully they will still be meeting in the same area.

Were you all just held in the lobby area or were they using any of the queues usually used for Mickey or Tinkerbell? Thanks.

We are planning to try the Tag Team plan on our party nights while we wait for the characters. If Jack & Sally are meeting inside Town Square Theater like last year would we still be able to do this? We are planning to arrive as close to 3:00 as possible to get in line. My DD has a fast pass for 3:20-4:20 for Space Mountain. Would she have any problems rejoining us if she uses her fast pass at 3:20?

This is against Disney policy on lines. If the people near you or behind you in line see what you are doing and turn you into the CM, you will have to go to the back of the line.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.30.25 PM.png
These and other rules of the park can be found on Disney's Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules page, this particular rule is under Guest Courtesy and Attire Policies, bullet 4 (emphasis mine).

Th

Thanks for the information. I am planning to be glued to the DIS for all reports prior to the 8/27 party. Hopefully they will still be meeting in the same area.

Were you all just held in the lobby area or were they using any of the queues usually used for Mickey or Tinkerbell? Thanks.

I believe we were in the Tinkerbell Fast Pass Que.

This is against Disney policy on lines. If the people near you or behind you in line see what you are doing and turn you into the CM, you will have to go to the back of the line.

View attachment 425467
These and other rules of the park can be found on Disney's Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules page, this particular rule is under Guest Courtesy and Attire Policies, bullet 4 (emphasis mine).
While I would never encourage or advocate “line jumping” for a ride, I think you’ll find this is pretty common practice in character lines at parties. It’s a courtesy generally to all get in line together so those around you know your group size, then split off as needed, but in a line that’s not moving there is no harm in doing this and you’ll see it quite often. We’ve even had CMs assist us in regrouping in queues that are not open air. Obviously opinions on this practice vary wildly, but you’ll find it’s a pretty commonly accepted practice among those in this group and most party-goers.

I'm sorry I lied on the timing! I was off by 30 minutes! Here's my post from last year on Jack and Sally timing

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...pooktacular-celebration.3665880/post-59869399

Also Here's my full trip report from 2018 if it helps at all.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...pooktacular-celebration.3665880/post-59881760
Thanks for the links. We may need to try meeting the 7 Dwarfs at the end like you. Hopefully if we do we will be as successful.

Our character priority this year is Pooh and the gang. Do they not come out until 7? Any suggestions on the best way to tackle this M&G?

Has anyone heard anything about the DescenDance party that will happen? I know it's been at Disney Springs, but I haven't heard how it is yet. We have some big Descendants fans in our house and would love to catch the dance party during MNSSHP if we can!

We are planning to try the Tag Team plan on our party nights while we wait for the characters. If Jack & Sally are meeting inside Town Square Theater like last year would we still be able to do this? We are planning to arrive as close to 3:00 as possible to get in line. My DD has a fast pass for 3:20-4:20 for Space Mountain. Would she have any problems rejoining us if she uses her fast pass at 3:20?

Are there other character ques which will not work for tag teaming the waits? Thank you.

It depends on when you get in line because this M&G is located inside a building which makes it harder to do. Not impossible, just harder. I hope others chime in with their experience.

Our character priority this year is Pooh and the gang. Do they not come out until 7? Any suggestions on the best way to tackle this M&G?

You use to be able to lineup by 630p and be able to meet during their first set without having to wait for them to switch out, but recently to clear it you should really start to line up by 6pm to be safe, or 615-620p to get lucky. I need to go back and look and see when I lined up last year but I know it was sometime between 6-615 and we barely made the cut. Everyone lined up outside of the character entrance along the wall going towards the bathrooms and Merida. At some point the CM opened the actual cue up and we barely made it within the entrance by about 5-10 people. Shortly after we met the characters they left to switch out, so if you make it within the entrance of the line you should meet them by ~ 730-745p. From my understanding they have a healthy line throughout the party until the time of their cutoff time. Others might have different suggestions or experiences.

Side note for us... Perk of being near the entrance of the line allowed me to grab togo food from cosmic Ray's to eat while in line, and for my dad to go change into his costume real quick all with the CMs permission. They just said they wouldn't allow any extra people through which was nice.

Has anyone heard anything about the DescenDance party that will happen? I know it's been at Disney Springs, but I haven't heard how it is yet. We have some big Descendants fans in our house and would love to catch the dance party during MNSSHP if we can!

Ditto! My DD LOVES Descendents!! I'm hoping this is fun! Can't wait to hear some of the reports. (Ok..Ok... I secretly love Descendants too) :rolleyes1:ssst::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter