• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed, I was referring to the 9. I am going back and forth with canceling JBJB party because of the weather. Our whole trip is a bit nippier (did I spell the right?) than expected! On the 11 at MVMCP, We will probably have jackets zipped up over our shirts but they say “not a creature was stirring, not even a... then a picture of Mickey Mouse in a Santa hat. DH is praying for freezing weather that night so no one sees in him the shirt I forced him to wear.

Whats the cancellation policy? I personally wouldn't do it until the last day before you would forfeit the funds just in case the weather report changes in our favor :)

You can always get under armour or something so the shirt is still visible HAHA

I had storms predicted for both and neither happened. Was up to 80% at one point. I did get some rain on my AK day in between them but lucked out for party and JBJB

Oh wow, this makes me hopeful! I think there is a snow storm hitting some areas Sunday so I guess this may be Florida's version of the storm? Hoping it passes fast or clears completely.

We must have had really bad timing last night as we did not see the snow once. That is OK, I am from MN so we have lots of the real stuff at home, but it is always magical to see it on main street with all the decorations. Glad to see they had it going and I just missed it.

Overall I thought the party was fantastic. We stopped going to the Halloween ones because it got so crowded my kids did not have fun. Last night was just my DH and I and we were shocked at how low the crowds were. Ride wait times were all practically walk on that I saw, except mine train that had lines in the 30-40 minute range each time we walked by. Peter Pan had a longer line too when I walked by but nothing like during the day. We watched the fireworks in the hub and there was tons of space around us. We skipped the first parade and watched the second one from frontierland. It was an awesome space to watch from as the bears entertained us greatly while we waited. It was a lot of fun.

The cookies were great and I thought the pretzel was good too. It was nice to have something salty with all the sweet. The people handing out the Dove chocolates were hit or miss. Some gave you a handful and then there was this one guy who would only give out 2. A guy in front of me asked for more and the young man handing out the candy looked really irritated and gave him one more. That young man was not happy to be there, his face said it all. LOL

We must have had really bad timing last night as we did not see the snow once. That is OK, I am from MN so we have lots of the real stuff at home, but it is always magical to see it on main street with all the decorations. Glad to see they had it going and I just missed it.

Overall I thought the party was fantastic. We stopped going to the Halloween ones because it got so crowded my kids did not have fun. Last night was just my DH and I and we were shocked at how low the crowds were. Ride wait times were all practically walk on that I saw, except mine train that had lines in the 30-40 minute range each time we walked by. Peter Pan had a longer line too when I walked by but nothing like during the day. We watched the fireworks in the hub and there was tons of space around us. We skipped the first parade and watched the second one from frontierland. It was an awesome space to watch from as the bears entertained us greatly while we waited. It was a lot of fun.

The cookies were great and I thought the pretzel was good too. It was nice to have something salty with all the sweet. The people handing out the Dove chocolates were hit or miss. Some gave you a handful and then there was this one guy who would only give out 2. A guy in front of me asked for more and the young man handing out the candy looked really irritated and gave him one more. That young man was not happy to be there, his face said it all. LOL

You know the guy was angry when he only gave 1 more :teeth:

Definitely reconsidering the Tonys party now that 12/16 has sold out. That cant be a good sign!

Although, just talked to DH and he feels like we should probably keep it because that could be indicative of a busy night altogether.

I'm getting nervous for our party on the 9th! Like all of you, I've been watching the weather. The amount of rainfall seems to be dropping, thank goodness. Regardless, we'll go and have fun! I have very few expectations and have set my family's expectations as well. One kid really wants rides, so I've really tried to explain it may not happen due to crowds. But we'll do our best to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere (even in the rain lol)!

I so appreciated all the help I received from this thread, I thought I'd share our party experience in hopes that it helps someone else plan. This was our first party at MK and I was really unsure of how to plan for it going in. I am so happy to say that everything went perfectly and it was a great experience for all of us. I don't know if we'll ever be back, but it won't be for lack of wanting. We attended Tuesday 12/4. We started off in Adventureland and worked clockwise through the back of the park to end in the hub for the fireworks and second parade.
We're DVC and arrived at the park a little after 2:00. I had FP for Space, Thunder, and Jingle Cruise made before 6:00 so we could be sure to ride those family favorites no matter what the lines looked like later.
Food: We had late lunch at The Plaza at 2:45. My plan going into the night was to eat there and live off the treats for the majority of the night, with the idea to pick up some food at Casey's while we waited for parade/fireworks later in the night. That plan worked well for us - my husband and daughter split a hotdog around 10:45. We were all really well fed from the snacks. I have celiac and got the Yule Log from Pecos Bill's as my treat. It was good - perhaps a tiny bit dry - but I never really eat baked goodies like that so I was delighted to have it. I didn't get any of the other GF treats at the stations but did eat a Dove square; we were handed only 2 each. The rest of the fam loved the peppermint crunch and ginger molasses cookies. The egg nog and hot cocoa were delicious. The pretzel was also a big hit. The snow cone was meh to me. Not much you can do with ice, sugar and food coloring. No surprises there, but refreshing for a bite or two. Lines looked long but really only took a few minutes. We didn't go into Pinocchio's because that line looked pretty beastly.
Rides: We picked rides with little/no wait only, since we were trying to accomplish a lot and we know we'll be back to the park soon enough. We rode Big Thunder twice, Small World, Aladdin's Carpets, Tea Cups, Carousel, and ended with Astro Orbiter (My daughter wanted to end the night with a high view of the lights and castle.) The hope was to ride Space before we left but Astro Orbiter had some technical difficulties and a clean up to perform (yuck), so we didn't make it. Mine train was 40 min the majority of the party. Peter Pan was around 25-30. Pooh was only about 15 when we went by around 9:00.
Characters: We started with the meets we really wanted: Moana (in line by 5:40, out by 6:20), Genie/Jasmine, Mary/Bert, & (surprise!) the Tweedles. Aside from Moana, we didn't wait more than 20 minutes for a character. We timed it so we would meet Genie and not Aladdin and Abu, as they alternate on the half hour. If you can catch the Tweedles, don't miss them- they are a riot. Overall, each interaction was stellar. My only bummer was our photographer for Moana was so busy flirting with her that he missed pictures of some great interaction. I looked over at one point and he was just standing there staring at Moana with this blissed out face... ha! Guy loves his job!
Shows: We caught Frozen/light the castle, a fantastic marching band on Main St USA, The Mickey's Stage Show just before the Fireworks (the best I have ever seen in my life, and I am fireworks lover!), stayed in place for the second parade, and watched the Stich show from the line at Astro Orbiter. Also dipped into the dance party at Cosmic Ray's for about 10 minutes to see the reindeer and polar bears, who were super cute. I was hoping for a photo with a reindeer but they were really just there to boogie. I'm not pushy about asking for things though. Maybe someone else could finagle it. There was a photo pass photographer there.
Crowds: It was definitely busy but not unmanageable. This party was not sold out. I only felt smooshed when I was in the hub, but even then, it wasn't terrible. Everyone was super nice and jolly that we encountered, too. That helped with the crush of people that moved around parade time.
My biggest worry was finding a good spot for fireworks and parade, because I was traveling with folks who don't love crowds or blocked views. We got a great spot in front & to the left of of the TT dessert party area for the fireworks at about 9:40. My advice, stand behind folks waiting with ECVs - it gives small children the chance to see. Then, after the fireworks, we walked right over to the curb as the majority of folks left the park. We sat right down at the curve and had a beautiful curbside spot. It was wonderful and way easier than I thought it would be- so many people leave the park after the fireworks. It really thins out. That's when we ordered Casey's remotely and ate while we waited - also super easy.
Overall, I was so happy with the night... With a good plan and an appreciative attitude it turned into a memorable night our family will never forget.
Thank you to all the information on this page. It was a lifesaver!

Last edited:
Better bring something as nothing handed out but I am sure they would sell you one of the Christmas bags.

Thank you for the info. Yes, I am sure they'd sell me a nice Disney Christmas bag...a Christmas gift for me! Hey, I might need to put a little more thought into this.... :flower1:

They did not hand out bags last night. I ran to Walmart before hand and just picked up a drawstring backpack for all the loot. I am really glad we did as we came home with about 25 cookies between the 2 of us and lots of Dove chocolate.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I had no idea there'd be so many treats. They'll be three of us and I'll be the one holding them all, so a bag sounds like a must!

I'm getting nervous for our party on the 9th!
We are also going on the 9th. Do you know if it's sold out? It's just me and my friend. Look for us wearing matching tiki birds shirts. Hers is green and mine is red. Just a sample white design on the front.

First of all I’m using my talk to text so if any of this is strange I apologize. We were at the Sunday night 12/4 party. It was quite warm to start with so unfortunately we were not able to wear are cute matching PJs because I thought we might sweat to death. We got inside right at about 350 and we had to back to back fast passes. We then went to the skipper canteen for dinner which was a nice break because I needed to sit down in some air-conditioning and have a beer. A few things to note for us. We purchased a light up Mickey Santa hat. It stopped working with in about 16 minutes so I took it back and they replaced it. Before the night was over it broke again I’m hoping that it’s just the battery I haven’t actually tried to replace it yet. But a little bit frustrating to spend $35 on something that broke twice in a couple hour period. We did not do any character meet and greet it’s just not our thing we have met all the characters before. We were able to find an easy spot for the parade in fronttier land about 45 minutes prior to the parade. There was not any snow in fronttier land. Which is not a huge deal my kids didn’t even know to expect it. I thought the parade was good but seeing the universal parade two days prior it doesn’t even compare. The universal parade is light years better with all of the giant balloons. We hit every single treat station except one and they were extremely generous. The lines were long but they seriously moved within minutes. So if you’re complaining about Longtree lines that’s ridiculous because you can make it through the line for quite frankly very good free cookies with in like four minutes. We rode every single ride that we wanted to ride and we rode a couple of them two times because they were basically walk on. My only ride beef was seven dwarves mine train it was down the entire party until about 1130 and we were standing in line and realize that it was going to come back up. And all the sudden it open back up and there was a huge bum rush of people and grown adults basically knocking down my six-year-old to get on this ride.He was so upset because he almost got ran over that he did not enjoy the ride at all and it was so not worth the hype. Overall I thought it was a good party and I had a good time with my kids but I do think that the Halloween party beats the Christmas party.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I had no idea there'd be so many treats. They'll be three of us and I'll be the one holding them all, so a bag sounds like a must!

We asked for a bag to hold all the party treats (they were generous the night we were there and without us asking lol) at the Star Traders in Tomorrow Land and the cashier gave us one without hesitation. We did, however, end up purchasing the very cute Mickey holiday tote bag right before we left the party that night.....

We are attending the party tomorrow night 12/6/18. We live in South Florida, where we are spoiled with always wearing shorts and t-shirts, so I am kinda confused over what to pack!

Do we know if the 12/6 party is sold out?
I am sure you are here already but we are also from South Florida. Got up here last night. Was at AK today and it was very cold in the AM and once sun went down. I would pack layers as when sun was out long sleeves was fine. But morning and tonight was very cold. We are going to party tomorrow and packing jackets.

I am sure you are here already but we are also from South Florida. Got up here last night. Was at AK today and it was very cold in the AM and once sun went down. I would pack layers as when sun was out long sleeves was fine. But morning and tonight was very cold. We are going to party tomorrow and packing jackets.
Thanks! We leave tomorrow morning. We are also bringing jackets for the party tomorrow. Can't wait! We'll be at Riverside.

Thanks! We leave tomorrow morning. We are also bringing jackets for the party tomorrow. Can't wait! We'll be at Riverside.

I saw a sign at MK tonight that said tickets still available for tomorrow’s party. We will be there as well and will (hopefully) be at Tony’s if we can make it that late lol... It’s been a long week. This morning was a lot colder than tonight because of the wind. Definitely pack layers... although I was already in all 3 of my layers by 5:30 tonight :rotfl:

Can someone tell me if I am reading correctly..the area in front of the large tree facing the castle is reserved for guests of Tonys only? When did this start if so? I do not remember this being the case in past years. This is our 5th year in a row attending MVMCP. thanks! If this is not available where are other good locations for photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter