"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at tonight’s party and had a great time however, I did not see it snowing on Main Street once. I looked several times and noticed no snow. Also when walking out, no snow. That was pretty disappointing. Anyone else here that actually saw it t snow? Maybe I just have bad timing.

Was at tonight’s party and had a great time however, I did not see it snowing on Main Street once. I looked several times and noticed no snow. Also when walking out, no snow. That was pretty disappointing. Anyone else here that actually saw it t snow? Maybe I just have bad timing.

We noticed the same thing! Based on reports here of snow outside of the parade, we didn't try to get a spot on main street for it but then we never saw the snow the whole night.

We noticed the same thing! Based on reports here of snow outside of the parade, we didn't try to get a spot on main street for it but then we never saw the snow the whole night.
We did the same thing. We watched the parade in Frontierland because we did not want to fight for a main street place. We have been to the party several times and it always snowed at the end of the night when people were walking out. It really felt like something was missing without the snow.

Just came back from a successful party night. Got to meet jack and sally, Nick and judy, santa goofy, cinderella with prince charming, elena, rapunzel with flynn rider, tiana and naveen, pooh with tiger piglet and eeyore and tweedledee and tweedledum. We also watched the first parade, rode buzz lightyears space ranger, jingle cruise and got a ton of cookies from all cookie stations! We even left 30 min before midnight as we were exhausted.
3541335100534ccc64e2d3a4e78fc94925bb6fc0f6d1c98684d02510795c6da1130158cf.jpg

Just got back from tonight’s party. I was nervous about a parade spot so we grabbed a spot Near the plaza round 7. Did mobile ordering from Casey’s so tha family had dinner while we waited. We loved the parade.

It did snow on Main Street before the parade I think after the parade and as we were walking out after midnight.

For us it was a success, we were most interested in the rides and parade. We saw the accapella group and enjoyed that. Liked the treats.kids didn’t want to do the dance parties. The family loved the short lines. They do not like characters much so we didn’t do that. It was awesome we were riding 7dmt during the fireworks. Not sure if this is an event we would do again but it was so fun to be there late without the crowds. I did think it was busy but was prepared for that. I could see why people might be upset thinkingbits exclusive when really it’s not quite like that. Overall great night for us!

We are going to MVMCP and are thinking of attending Tony's Most Merriest celebration truly to avoid parade aniexty the food and drink would be nice too. Has anyone attended and what is your review please. Worth the splurge?

Thank you

Abby

Just came back from a successful party night. Got to meet jack and sally, Nick and judy, santa goofy, cinderella with prince charming, elena, rapunzel with flynn rider, tiana and naveen, pooh with tiger piglet and eeyore and tweedledee and tweedledum. We also watched the first parade, rode buzz lightyears space ranger, jingle cruise and got a ton of cookies from all cookie stations! We even left 30 min before midnight as we were exhausted.
3541335100534ccc64e2d3a4e78fc94925bb6fc0f6d1c98684d02510795c6da1130158cf.jpg

What were character wait times like?

Party report from 12/4

Arrived at 3:45 and was inside the park with our bands by 4. Super quick and efficient :). Walked the passage way by Tony’s to get our Mickey cookie and into the park.

Weather - absolutely perfect. We were lucky, clear skies and temp around 70.

Characters - we only wanted Donald and Scrooge. Got there at 6:30 - 5th group in line. Started at 7:02 and we were done at 7:25. They spend A LOT of time with the groups. So much so I think it was a little too much. It is a fun interaction but the two women in front of us had multiple things to sign, took a video, performed a skit with them and had gifts they brought from Japan to give Donald and Scrooge. It was cute, but only because we were next in line. People further back were getting really annoyed. The line was very long and it was going to be at least an hour or so. I think it would be great if the cast members moved the line a little quicker, but that is tough to do.

Before the fireworks started we saw Santa with no wait - that was fantastic. He actually had no one in line right before the fireworks :). That was a bonus meet and greet.

Food - we ate at Skipper Canteen before the party at 5 and it was fantastic. Good food and they give Disney Chase visa members 10% off.

We hit up every free holiday treat station. Total time spent maybe 20 minutes, many had no wait, some a few minutes - lines move super quick. Pretzel excellent. Other cookies we saved as we were full from dinner. Egg nog great.

Rides - wait times looked decent, but this wasn’t a priority for us - only did people mover which we did three times with no wait :)

Fireworks - amazing. Not a huge fan in general, but these were great with the castle projections. Plenty of space on Main Street - we went there right after seeing Santa and could not believe all the space on Main Street availabe to watch the parade.

Castle show - stood back in the hub behind one of the little fenced in areas. Loved the show. Lots of people that put kids on shoulders and block views, but after some moving around had a relatively good view. We were pretty far back for the first show, but the third show had a much smaller crowd and we could basically be up front.

Parade - went to liberty square area and there about fifteen minutes before parade - crowded for first parade - about three rows back but could see well. Second parade maybe 1/4 the crowd and had front row on Main Street five minutes before the parade. Amazing. So easy to get good views for the second parade.

Miscellaneous- crowds did not seem that bad but we did not do many rides or characters - focused on parade, fireworks and shows. Tomorrowland stage show looked fun from our view on the people mover :) The dancing with the polar bears was virtually empty in Cosmic Rays.

Snow - after the fireworks when walking back (against the flow of the mass exiters) it snowed heavily on Main Street which was very magical.

Overall - the party may have been the best one we ever attended.

What were character wait times like?
We got in line for Jack and Sally at 3.30 done at 5. Lined up for nick and judy around 5.30 (they were still setting up the line) done at 6.30. After that we went for goofy who had only 1 person in line so from 6.45 till 7.10. We jumped in line for rapunzel 10 minutes before the fireworks started, the line was moving very slow the first 15 min. I think we waited about 30 -40 min. Cinderella barely had a line so jumped in right after. Done within 10 minutes. After that we headed to pooh and waited about 30 min. Tweedle dee and tweedle dum next to the teacups was 10 min. Cookie stations have crazy lines the first hour of the party but moved quickly. After the parade it was a walk in almost everywhere. After the fireworks they became very generous with the amount of cookies. Got 4 at pinoccios village hous!

All these reviews of heavy crowds and then a "light crowd" for a Tuesday....

My plans are currently for attending 12/16 (Sunday). I'm starting to wonder if it's worth switching 2 entire days worth of ADRs and FP+ to attend the 12/18 (Tuesday) party instead.

I've been holding off on buying tickets until the dates are within at least a 10-day weather forecast. (I won't buy if it looks like rain or too cold.)

This will be a 1 and done event for us until maybe our kids have kids.

We got in line for Jack and Sally at 3.30 done at 5. Lined up for nick and judy around 5.30 (they were still setting up the line) done at 6.30. After that we went for goofy who had only 1 person in line so from 6.45 till 7.10. We jumped in line for rapunzel 10 minutes before the fireworks started, the line was moving very slow the first 15 min. I think we waited about 30 -40 min. Cinderella barely had a line so jumped in right after. Done within 10 minutes. After that we headed to pooh and waited about 30 min. Tweedle dee and tweedle dum next to the teacups was 10 min. Cookie stations have crazy lines the first hour of the party but moved quickly. After the parade it was a walk in almost everywhere. After the fireworks they became very generous with the amount of cookies. Got 4 at pinoccios village hous!

Not too bad. Thanks.

I attended last night as well. I watched the 7:40 Mickey show in the hub, and then walked up to frontierland where I found a spot behind a stroller for a good view of the first parade. I watched the fireworks just inside the hub past Casey’s and as soon as they were over walked down Main St. I saw several open spots on the curb closer to the flagpole end of the street. It would have been very easy to get a curbside spot for the second parade. There was hardly anyone in the Tonys viewing area.

Last edited:
All these reviews have me freaking out about our 12/14 party night. I couldn’t fit it any other day and I’m hoping it’s not a huge mistake with it being on a Friday.

All these reviews of heavy crowds and then a "light crowd" for a Tuesday....

My plans are currently for attending 12/16 (Sunday). I'm starting to wonder if it's worth switching 2 entire days worth of ADRs and FP+ to attend the 12/18 (Tuesday) party instead.

I've been holding off on buying tickets until the dates are within at least a 10-day weather forecast. (I won't buy if it looks like rain or too cold.)

This will be a 1 and done event for us until maybe our kids have kids.

We actually went to Magic Kingdom for our regular park day on Tuesday (did the 11/25 Sunday party) and we left the park about 7:30. It was just as crowded from my point of view as Sunday was. It may have lightened up later, but not when we left at 7:30.

We did the same thing. We watched the parade in Frontierland because we did not want to fight for a main street place. We have been to the party several times and it always snowed at the end of the night when people were walking out. It really felt like something was missing without the snow.

We have a picture where it is snowing on Main Street at the 11/25 party. I will see if I can get my wife to send it to me so I can upload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter