• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to party dec 11 where is the 7dwaf meet and great at 3small children their so excited and what time should we be in line

We went Tuesday night and I didn’t think it was that crowded. I guess different experiences for different groups. Our longest wait was 7D and it was 15 min.
We go mainly for rides as our kids don’t care about meet and greets. As everyone said it was freezing but I had been watching weather and knew it would be cold so we were dressed comfortably.

Cookie lines were long but super fast. That’s all we ate until we left around midnight when I grabbed a hot dog from Casey’s. At the end of the night they were handing out bag fulls of cookies when you went through the line. Got a decent spot for fireworks about 15 min before they started to the right of Walt’s statue.

Didn’t catch either parade.

We were exhausted but had a blast. This is our second party with the last being 3 years ago and this didn’t seem as crowded as that one.

Actual Wait times below not what was posted.
Barnstormer 5 min
Jungle cruise 5 min
Pooh 10 min
All 3 mountains were walk ons.
Pirates 15 min
Haunted Mansion wall on
Small world 5 min
Aladdin walk on
Pan 10 min
Buzz walk on
Orbiter walkon
7D 15 min
Speedway walkon

Do it again? Yep if it wasn’t so dang cold! Weird being cold in Florida. Lol.

Yeah probably different experiences because we wanted to do the party stuff and weren’t really trying to do rides (had other MK days for that). If someone was only trying to do rides and fireworks probably fine. But I felt the crowded areas were the party events. I did see some lower wait times when we walked by and some higher ones (like Peter Pan I think at 45min when we were in that area).

Most wait times are still great besides Peter Pan and 7DMT. It was crowded this past Tuesday, but these were our waits:

Small World - 20 min.
Speedway - 10 min
People Mover - Walk on
Splash - Walk On
Big Thunder - Walk on
Pirates - 10 min.
Buzz Lightyear - Walk on
These times look great to me

Those low wait times were not my experience on Sunday, which was a sold out party. 45 minutes on 7DMT, 30 on Big Thunder, splash 15 at one point and speedway was 30 when my son and husband got on line after the first parade. Didn’t even bother looking at Peter Pan, as I knew that was going to be out of the question.

I am wondering about Sunday crowds in general, we have tickets for Tuesday 12/18, and with the list my 19 year old has, there is NO way we can do all of it. We have Sunday the 16th open after our Candlelight at 5:00, so we would be getting there by 6 at the latest. Keep asking myself would it be like you experienced, very busy. At least we could see fireworks, parade and a few characters on Sunday. We have been to MK when it was wall to wall people, but never during the Christmas holidays so this is something new to us.

Going to party dec 11 where is the 7dwaf meet and great at 3small children their so excited and what time should we be in line
They meet in the tent in Storybook Circus. They come out around 6:20, so best bet is to line up around 5 and take turns taking the kids on rides in the area (Barnstormer, Dumbo, Little Mermaid). I’d recommend everyone be back in line by 6 as that’s when the CMs will start having everyone move up and fill in any available space in the line. Have fun!

So I am doing Tony's on the 7th (a Friday). Despite lukewarm reviews on here, I'm going to stick with it - I'm actually doing 2 MVMCP's, the 6th and the 7th (I'm a solo traveler, so the $$ isn't as painful as if I were travelling with family). I have a parade mat I will use during the parades/shows (it's small, just a small piece of waterproof material made for people going hiking - I haven't gotten one from Asia yet). Do you think after fireworks I can stake out a decent curb spot, wait until the major street crowds start to dissipate, make sure the CMs know I am attending Tony's, and leave my backpack and the parade blanket there while I run in to grab some snacks? I'd probably come and go, so I wouldn't leave it unattended for too long (and I'd take any wallet, etc with me).
I don’t know how this will work out for you. There were four of us, and we staked out our spot two full hours before the MVMCP parade at the hub. We had a good spot to sit and wait along a concrete garden edging. After about out first hour of waiting two of our party of 4 went to get Casey’s hot dogs for us while two of us stayed to keep our spot. We used jackets and pack packs and kind of stretched ourselves to hold the space. A man pushed his way in and stood his child right on top of our white jacket and our bags. He yelled at us when we said two friends were coming back with our food and he refused to leave saying he “had paid as much as we did”. Five minutes later our friends arrived and it was kind of an awkward stand off until the guy grabbed his child and took off. So, point is, the CM’s aren’t going to watch your stuff and protect your spot. Good luck!

I don’t know how this will work out for you. There were four of us, and we staked out our spot two full hours before the MVMCP parade at the hub. We had a good spot to sit and wait along a concrete garden edging. After about out first hour of waiting two of our party of 4 went to get Casey’s hot dogs for us while two of us stayed to keep our spot. We used jackets and pack packs and kind of stretched ourselves to hold the space. A man pushed his way in and stood his child right on top of our white jacket and our bags. He yelled at us when we said two friends were coming back with our food and he refused to leave saying he “had paid as much as we did”. Five minutes later our friends arrived and it was kind of an awkward stand off until the guy grabbed his child and took off. So, point is, the CM’s aren’t going to watch your stuff and protect your spot. Good luck!

2 hours? Were there alot of people doing the same? I thought 1 to 1 hr 30 would be sufficient for curb spot for the popular areas lol.

2 hours? Were there alot of people doing the same? I thought 1 to 1 hr 30 would be sufficient for curb spot for the popular areas lol.

On Tuesday I saw quite a few people sitting with blankets and towels 2hrs a head of time for a curb spot on Main Street…. I was shocked people started that early.

Quick request- if anyone is attending and can find out exactly what the allergy-friendly options are (in lieu of the cookies and pretzels), I think that there is a large-ish contingent of people on this thread who would be eternally grateful :flower3:! I haven’t been able to get a straight answer from any of the phone CMs.

Where is a decent area for the 2nd parade that isnt curbside main street? I just want a good view of the parade. Just my GF and I, no kids.

Quick request- if anyone is attending and can find out exactly what the allergy-friendly options are (in lieu of the cookies and pretzels), I think that there is a large-ish contingent of people on this thread who would be eternally grateful :flower3:! I haven’t been able to get a straight answer from any of the phone CMs.

I just got some enjoy life cookies for my gluten issues if that helps :)

Went to my first party ever on Tuesday 11/27. We had a really good time, and the time went by unbelievably fast.

We did some resort hopping during the day and ended at Grand Floridian. Waited about 5-10 min for security to get on the monorail and hopped in line to get in at MK around 3:45, when they were already letting people in. Lots of people waiting but line moved pretty fast and we got in around 4. Pretty hectic getting wristbands so you need to be sort of aggressive or people will cut in front of you since everyone sort of mobs the CMs with wristbands.

We spent the non-party time doing some shows and things without long lines like the people mover. We didn't bother reserving FPs since we didn't want to risk it. Didn't really have a game plan other than to meet Pooh & friends. We got in line at 6 and there were maybe half a dozen groups in front of us. Line didn't really grow until when Pooh and company came out about 6:35. We waited about 15 minutes for our turn once they came out. Such a great photo op, and we always take pictures on our phones since we don't buy the memory maker. CMs did a great job this trip taking candid and posed photos for us, they usually took 6-12 photos for us on the phone before the photographer took their turn!

We ate at Cosmic Ray's around 7 and did mobile order. Only took about five minutes to get our food, very slick. After that we rode Pirates and Jingle Cruise and waited about 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Haunted Mansion was maybe 5 minutes. In between we picked up most of the cookies and drinks, lines were maybe one minute except at Pinocchio's and Cosmic Ray's because of the hot chocolate. It was quite cold but we dressed warm, a lot of people were definitely not prepared though. Tons of festive outfits which we loved seeing!

The atmosphere of the party was so cheery and fun compared to a normal night. A lot fewer kids and way more people decked out in holiday gear. It felt pretty crowded and we had to dodge people everywhere, but ride lines were great because no fast passes.

We headed over to watch the fireworks around 9:30 and just filled in around the hub. I think you would have had to line up hours ahead of time for a curb spot, as a lot of people seemed to just be at the party for the fireworks/parades. A lot of people were reserving space with blankets while the rest of their party enjoyed the party...kind of annoying but I get it. Holiday Wishes was spectacular, projections aren't anything special but the fireworks are really beautiful. Best to get a castle view so you see them at the intended angle. We watched the parade in Frontierland since it was less crowded. Very cute parade, lots of empty time/space between floats. I've never been to the Halloween party but from videos, that seems to be a much better parade. Still worth watching the Christmas parade though, but it wasn't the highlight of the party for me.

After the 11 parade we rode Peter Pan and Pooh. Both were about a ten minute wait. I think the longest posted wait for any ride was Mine Train at 40 minutes. It's so great to just walk onto rides without any planning and not having to wait for very long.

In the end, we had a great time. The atmosphere was very enjoyable and festive and it was very worth it for us. Sleeping in was also a nice perk! We'd probably do it again, but we'd make sure to pick a night that likely would be low crowds such as this one (Tuesday after Thanksgiving). It was already pretty crowded so I can't imagine a sold out party. We wished the party was longer because there was more we wish we could have done. We didn't even get all the treats! We stopped by the Storybook Circus meet and greets but all of the lines looked to be 30+ minutes, and since party time is so limited if you want to watch the fireworks/parade, we skipped it. We couldn't find Santa Goofy but saw him in Hollywood Studios so we were okay with that.

Honestly the most time consuming part of the party was walking from land to land, especially around the parades when they start blocking stuff off. But if you only are set on a few things and leave the rest of the night up to whatever happens, I think you will really enjoy yourself! Definitely the most memorable part of our trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter