"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to MVMCP on 11/16 and it was so chilly, the snoap almost felt real!

Unfortunately I don’t have much to share in the way of character greetings and ride times because our plan was thrown out of whack by children who (thankfully) decided they wanted to sleep a really long time during their afternoon nap, so we had to run an audible! Ended up not doing much in terms of character meets - 7D were 90 minutes, Daisy/Minnie Scrooge/Donald were at least 45 and people were taking multiple shots - and rode things that were walk-on and kid friendly: Dumbo, Tea Cups, Barnstormer all ~10 minutes

MVMCP was most certainly not sold out, but there were plenty of people! The hub was not impassible, but it was pretty full for the shows. Fireworks viewing was super easy to get, we walked to a spot outside of Plaza Ice Cream five minutes before hand and had a spectacular view. I did notice, like @cmarsh31 mentioned, the grass in front of Casey’s being blocked off, but didn’t ask what the deal was.

Tony’s was the thing I was most interested in, to be honest! We had an enjoyable time, and I was surprised our boys made it as long as they did. (We were the people by the kitchen entrance with the two little boys in the matching Christmas pajamas - yeah, we’re crazy) The cast member checking people in and said that it was the largest party they had, and tickets were unavailable for purchase in the afternoon so that leads me to believe it was sold out? Also, I would check in as soon as possible. I wish we would have done it earlier in the day as it took for. ever.

The hot food was…fried (to varying degrees). I wasn’t a fan of the meatballs, there is just something about them I have never liked, and it’s not that I make the most amazing Italian meatballs… The chicken and leek in puff pastry was decent, if it wasn’t greasy. The filling in the artichoke was tasty, but they were burned. The calamri was frozen, so if you’re ok with it then you’ll probably like them. The empanadas were :confused3:confused3:confused3 and the mini pizzas tasted like they’d been made by someone who had never eaten pizza.

The charcuterie was the highlight of the food for me. The variety was good, it was always re-filled, and I wish I would’ve eaten nothing but that, because that would’ve been a better experience than the hot food options.

The desserts were decent. The Yule log was the best, followed by the tiramisu, Followed by the tartlet. They cannoli tasted like a cream filled, over fried donut, so I wish I could’ve had that half-bite back.

Alcoholic selections are serviceable, but I still don’t understand the hot hard cider. It was really weird, I didn’t like it either way (with or without whipped cream and spices), and to me it was just a miss. I would say try it, because you might like it, but I think the only hot alcohol you should drink is mulled wine or a hot toddy.

Depending on what your expectations are, the amount of food could easily replace a meal.

For those with gluten allergies, the Yule log is the only sweet option. We asked a chef, and they had GF pizzas (cheese, but you might be able to ask for additional toppings) and pene pasta with marinara that could be brought out as well. Pizzas were made to order, so they took a while (my MIL said they were terrible). I’m assuming the same to be true about the pasta. I didn’t ask about soy or other allergies, but I would imagine, as everything seems to be pre-packaged, you’re going to have a hard time with the hot foods or desserts.

Now the part that everyone is curious about: PARADE VIEWING!

The prime spots looking down Main St. were already taken by 10:20, and the reserved space had already been roped off. If you absolutely must have this spot, my recommendation would be to watch the fireworks from here, at the very least. Otherwise, there seemed to be plenty of viewing space for TMM between the patio and the flagpole. With as windy as it was on our night, there was plenty of snoap blowing around the square.

Overall, I liked Tony’s for the opportunity to sit, eat some food, have a drink or two, and get a really close spot without work. If you don’t mind a small amount of spot-stalking you might be able to add an amazing parade view into the mix. The ONLY reason we added it was because it was my in-law’s anniversary trip and we wanted to make sure there was a sit-down aspect to the night that would make it special. This fit the bill, but it is definitely not for everyone! Plus I got a video of Tony singing and playing Bella Notte to them…#WorthIt

Last edited:

Unfortunately I don’t have much to share in the way of character greetings and ride times because our plan was thrown out of whack by children that decided they wanted to sleep a really long time during their afternoon nap, so we had to run an audible! Ended up not doing much in terms of character meets - 7D were 90 minutes, Daisy/Minnie Scrooge/Donald were at least 45 and people were taking multiple shots - and rode things that were walk-on and kid friendly: Dumbo, Tea Cups, Barnstormer all ~10 minutes

MVMCP was most certainly not sold out, but there were plenty of people! The hub was not impassible, but it was pretty full for the shows. Fireworks viewing was super easy to get, we walked to a spot outside of Plaza Ice Cream five minutes before hand and had a spectacular view. I did notice, like @cmarsh31 mentioned, the grass in front of Casey’s being blocked off, but didn’t ask what the deal was.

Tony’s was the thing I was most interested in, to be honest! We had an enjoyable time, and I was surprised our boys made it as long as they did. (We were the people by the kitchen entrance with the two little boys in the matching Christmas pajamas - yeah, we’re crazy) The cast member checking people in and said that it was the largest party they had, and tickets were unavailable for purchase in the afternoon so that leads me to believe it was sold out? Also, I would check in as soon as possible. I wish we would have done it earlier in the day as it took for. ever.

The hot food was…fried (to varying degrees). I wasn’t a fan of the meatballs, there is just something about them I have never liked, and it’s not that I make the most amazing Italian meatballs… The chicken and leek in puff pastry was decent, if it wasn’t greasy. The filling in the artichoke was tasty, but they were burned. The calamri was frozen, so if you’re ok with it then you’ll probably like them. The empanadas were :confused3:confused3:confused3 and the mini pizzas tasted like they’d been made by someone who had never eaten pizza.

The charcuterie was the highlight of the food for me. The variety was good, it was always re-filled, and I wish I would’ve eaten nothing but that, because that would’ve been a better experience than the hot food options.

The desserts were decent. The Yule log was the best, followed by the tiramisu, Followed by the tartlet. They cannoli tasted like a cream filled, over fried donut, so I wish I could’ve had that half-bite back.

Alcoholic selections are serviceable, but I still don’t understand the hot hard cider. It was really weird, I didn’t like it either way (with or without whipped cream and spices), and to me it was just a miss. I would say try it, because you might like it, but I think the only hot alcohol you should drink is mulled wine or a hot toddy.

Depending on what your expectations are, the amount of food could easily replace a meal.

For those with gluten allergie, the Yule log is the only sweet option. We asked a chef, and they had GF pizzas (cheese, but you might be able to ask for additional toppings) and pene pasta with marinara that could be brought out as well. Pizzas were made to order, so they took a while (my MIL said they were terrible). I’m assuming the same to be true about the pasta. I didn’t ask about soy or other allergies, but I would imagine, as everything seems to be pre-packaged, you’re going to have a hard time with the hot foods or desserts.

The prime spots looking down Main St. were already taken by 10:20, and the reserved space had already been roped off. If you absolutely must have this spot, my recommendation would be to watch the fireworks from here, at the very least. Otherwise, there seemed to be plenty of viewing space for TMM between the patio and the flagpole. With as windy as it was on our night, there was plenty of snoap blowing around the square.

Overall, I liked Tony’s for the opportunity to sit, eat some food, have a drink or two, and get a really close spot without work. If you want a small amount of spot-stalking you might be able to add an amazing parade view into the mix. The ONLY reason we added it was because it was my in-law’s anniversary trip and we wanted to make sure there was a sit-down aspect to the night that would make it special. This fit the bill, but it is definitely not for everyone! Plus I got a video of Tony singing and playing Bella Notte to them…#WorthIt

Thanks for the review, especially the GF options. Was your MIL able to eat all the charcuterie? I’m not worried about the gf pizza or pasta - it’s rarely worth it anywhere - but I’m quite pleased to stuff myself with charcuterie and GF Yule log popcorn::

This is interesting. Has anyone else seen/experienced this? This was where we were leaning toward staking out a spot for the Nov. 29 party on recommendations of others here. It is our first party and our first time seeing fireworks at MK in about 5-6 years. So we're a little loss on where to nab a spot and due to medical limitations (and a preference for less crowds and the possibility to get out quickly due to medical issue and/or to sit down quickly) we were unsure where to stake a spot and had been leaning toward this fenced off 'garden' area in front of casey's that keeps getting mentioned. It sounds like that might not be a possibility anymore?
While the grassy area in front of Casey's is a great spot for fireworks, I wouldn't call it easy to get out of. I'm not exactly sure why this area doesn't appear to be open to the public. Has anyone asked? If I'm not mistaken, there were ropes when we were there for MNSSHP but when we asked, we were told it was open?

For those with gluten allergie, the Yule log is the only sweet option. We asked a chef, and they had GF pizzas (cheese, but you might be able to ask for additional toppings) and pene pasta with marinara that could be brought out as well. Pizzas were made to order, so they took a while (my MIL said they were terrible). I’m assuming the same to be true about the pasta. I didn’t ask about soy or other allergies, but I would imagine, as everything seems to be pre-packaged, you’re going to have a hard time with the hot foods or desserts.
Thanks for the info and insight.

While the grassy area in front of Casey's is a great spot for fireworks, I wouldn't call it easy to get out of. I'm not exactly sure why this area doesn't appear to be open to the public. Has anyone asked? If I'm not mistaken, there were ropes when we were there for MNSSHP but when we asked, we were told it was open?

There were very "official" looking CMs in suits (big men) "guarding" the roped off section on 11/16.

There were very "official" looking CMs in suits (big men) "guarding" the roped off section on 11/16.
Do we know if this area is not available to the public on non MVMCP nights too? Super disappointed, since this is always our 'go to' viewing location. :(

Do we know if this area is not available to the public on non MVMCP nights too? Super disappointed, since this is always our 'go to' viewing location. :(

The grassy area in front of Casey's is now reserved for people staying Club level at the different resorts that pay the uncharge to have more fastpasses and they can choose reserved nighttime show viewing as well. The other grassy area on the other side of the Hub is reserved for the Dessert Party...Now, I don't know if the grassy area in front of Casey's is like this for MVMCP, but it definitely is for Happily Ever After on non-party nights. I would assume this is why people haven't been able to access this area during MVMCP though.

The grassy area in front of Casey's is now reserved for people staying Club level at the different resorts that pay the uncharge to have more fastpasses and they can choose reserved nighttime show viewing as well. The other grassy area on the other side of the Hub is reserved for the Dessert Party...Now, I don't know if the grassy area in front of Casey's is like this for MVMCP, but it definitely is for Happily Ever After on non-party nights. I would assume this is why people haven't been able to access this area during MVMCP though.
Thanks for the clarification. I had read a few weeks ago that only a portion of the grassy area in front of Casey's was blocked off for Club people, but now it sounds like it's the entire area. So disappointed, but I guess I get it. Thanks again.

Thanks for the review, especially the GF options. Was your MIL able to eat all the charcuterie? I’m not worried about the gf pizza or pasta - it’s rarely worth it anywhere - but I’m quite pleased to stuff myself with charcuterie and GF Yule log popcorn::

She was, except for the breads, of course. They didn’t have any GF breads available.

Unfortunately I don’t have much to share in the way of character greetings and ride times because our plan was thrown out of whack by children who (thankfully) decided they wanted to sleep a really long time during their afternoon nap, so we had to run an audible! Ended up not doing much in terms of character meets - 7D were 90 minutes, Daisy/Minnie Scrooge/Donald were at least 45 and people were taking multiple shots - and rode things that were walk-on and kid friendly: Dumbo, Tea Cups, Barnstormer all ~10 minutes

For those with gluten allergies, the Yule log is the only sweet option. We asked a chef, and they had GF pizzas (cheese, but you might be able to ask for additional toppings) and pene pasta with marinara that could be brought out as well. Pizzas were made to order, so they took a while (my MIL said they were terrible). I’m assuming the same to be true about the pasta. I didn’t ask about soy or other allergies, but I would imagine, as everything seems to be pre-packaged, you’re going to have a hard time with the hot foods or desserts.

Overall, I liked Tony’s for the opportunity to sit, eat some food, have a drink or two, and get a really close spot without work. If you don’t mind a small amount of spot-stalking you might be able to add an amazing parade view into the mix. The ONLY reason we added it was because it was my in-law’s anniversary trip and we wanted to make sure there was a sit-down aspect to the night that would make it special. This fit the bill, but it is definitely not for everyone! Plus I got a video of Tony singing and playing Bella Notte to them…#WorthIt

"watch the fireworks here at the very least"
Yikes does that mean you have to show up there before fireworks to get the spot? I thought they kicked everyone out after fireworks then roped it off. Has that changed?

Headed next week! Yay!

What time does scrooge start meeting? And any advice for the best time to get in line for him?

Headed next week! Yay!

What time does scrooge start meeting? And any advice for the best time to get in line for him?

Starts at 7. Meets with Donald. I would say try to meet him during or after fireworks. Seen many say waits go down for characters around then. Hope you have a great time!

What time with Pinocchio's Village Haus stop serving dinner food during the party? I see they are a treat location but I might like to get a caprese pizza for dinner.

Thanks!

I just read the responses about the grassy area in front of Casey's being roped off.

I'll be traveling with a family member who I swore I would never watch the fireworks with again (without the dessert party that is) because he throws adult temper tantrums if people stand in front of him or block his view. Totally ruined me on traveling with him for a while, but here I am, going to WDW with him again. :confused3

I was hopeful for Holiday Wishes because I had the Casey's grass up my sleeve this time around.

So... for a first timer at MVMCP, could anyone offer me a solid back up so I can thwart the adult temper tantrum? No tantrums at Disney, right?!

That is no longer true. They stopped the reserved viewing spots for HEA, Fantasmic and Illuminations for the CL fastpass program. It ended Sept 16th. That program now only offers 3 extra FP's for the up charge. So I don't know why it was roped off. It was not for the CL FP program people. It also was never offered during the parties. It was only for HEA at MK.

I’ll be attending my first MVMCP Thursday night and I have 2 questions I hope someone can answer.

1. How soon in the day can you pick up the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom party card?

2. What is Mickey wearing at his Town Square Theater meet and greet during the party?

Thanks!

My daughter is wanting to wear these pajamas to the MVMCP. Does anyone know if they will let her in, or is this too similar to a costume? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 19343394-A3A7-4DA0-A0E3-C2F9185CAA58.jpeg
    19343394-A3A7-4DA0-A0E3-C2F9185CAA58.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter