• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this again in hopes of generating some responses.

I am looking to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Christmas party card (this year it's the Tiki Birds).
Every guest who attends the party is entitled to get one at the Fire Hall.
If you are able to help, please private message me with your address and I will send you a SASE with which to mail the card.

It will cost you nothing and probably take no more than a couple of minutes out of your day. If the envelope gets to you before you attend the party, you can take it with you and drop the card into the Main St. mail box....easy.

Many thanks

Michael

Just sent you a message. Happy to help out if still needed.

Quick Review - 11/16 MVMCP & Tony's!
Arrived at 4pm on the dot, a bit busy to get in, but no big deal. No FastPasses because we had been at HS all morning and nothing was left that we wanted at MK before the party. Got Dole Whips at 4pm, then did Carousel of Progress & the People Mover, headed to Pecos Bills for dinner (we must have done something else... because it was 6:15 when we finished dinner). Pretzel treat station not open until 6:45, so we rode Pirates (less than 10 min) and then met up with friends near the hub. After a bit of a long chat, we all rode Buzz together, then my clan left them to ride Space, 7D had a 45 min wait & PP was 35 (we were doing EMM on Sunday so we skipped them), did Haunted Mansion next & picked up a party pin from the Christmas Store. Along the way we stopped at a PhotoPass Photographer outside of SM (Baymax Magic Shot), all the treat stations (the slushy was gross - and it was way too cold out for a slushy but the Hot Chocolate was good - they all had BIG lines but were moving fast, & another Magic Shot with Zero outside of HM. It was about 9:15 and everyone was getting cold & cranky so we headed to Tony's to regroup - perfect timing! Got there around 9:45, found an inside table, no problem. Ate lots - only GF dessert was the chocolate yule log, so DH was a bit disappointed. Meatballs were gross. Most of the hot food wasn't great, but inside & hot chocolate (and the hot angry orchard cider) were good. I went up to the hub shortly after for the fireworks. No space in front of Casey's - the grass was blocked off for a reserved section, just like the dessert party on the other side??? Rode the crowd wave back down to the tree & got a spot for the 4 of us (kids & DH stayed in Tony's for the fireworks, they were too cold) - so this was right after the fireworks and I was about 3 people to the side of the tree with an ECV in front of me - so no curb/front row. TONS of space in the rest of the area, though. Could easily show up at 11 for a side spot.

Best part was going back into Tony's for more hot chocolate while the masses left the park, then having a quiet walk to the Monorail 20 minutes later.

So, yes, we loved the parade viewing, the space to rest & relax, and to hide out after the parade. The food genuinely sucked. It would not have worked for a late dinner for us. We found it worth it overall and would do it again.
20181116_232737.jpg

No space in front of Casey's - the grass was blocked off for a reserved section, just like the dessert party on the other side???
This is interesting. Has anyone else seen/experienced this? This was where we were leaning toward staking out a spot for the Nov. 29 party on recommendations of others here. It is our first party and our first time seeing fireworks at MK in about 5-6 years. So we're a little loss on where to nab a spot and due to medical limitations (and a preference for less crowds and the possibility to get out quickly due to medical issue and/or to sit down quickly) we were unsure where to stake a spot and had been leaning toward this fenced off 'garden' area in front of casey's that keeps getting mentioned. It sounds like that might not be a possibility anymore?

Also, thanks for the info on the dismal food -- especially in terms of GF. We would also be dealing with dairy free and soy free (as well as some other sensitivities, and thus food we'd rather avoid, if possible). It sounds like they don't make much of an effort to accommodate -- on top of the food being gross to begin with. That might cross out Tony's for us. We like the idea of warm, place to sit, and reserved spot for parade without staking it out for hours. But we were feeling like we'd definitely have to eat to feel like we were getting that $$$ value out of it too.

H
were there other gluten free options? hot food? Disney is usually great about providing GF options.
There were cold meats & cheeses. We asked specifically about GF and no hot food was mentioned at all. I didn't talk to the waitress, just my husband, but that's all he said he was told.

H

There were cold meats & cheeses. We asked specifically about GF and no hot food was mentioned at all. I didn't talk to the waitress, just my husband, but that's all he said he was told.
Wow that's disappointing and surprising. We've done dessert parties before and always been brought out a plate of GF treats and they've also packed one up for me. We aren't doing it for the food, but that is still disappointing.

Thanks for the he review about Tony’s. I booked it and will probably keep it. It will be great for mother to have a place to sit.

What happens if it's forecast to rain on a party night? Will they still do the parade? Fireworks? Should I be worried about the forecast for 11/27 now or wait to see if it changes? My whole trip is planned around this party, it's the single most important thing I want to see and this might be my only opportunity. I'm really worried now :(

What happens if it's forecast to rain on a party night? Will they still do the parade? Fireworks? Should I be worried about the forecast for 11/27 now or wait to see if it changes? My whole trip is planned around this party, it's the single most important thing I want to see and this might be my only opportunity. I'm really worried now :(

This is Florida and that is 7 days away. I don't trust the forecast for tomorrow. On top of that there is a 20% chance of rain which is forecast for basically every day - lol. Also it rarely rains for long periods. There is no guarantee but you should be fine. And like i said, if it does rain, it won't wash out the night. Throw a cheap WalMart poncho in your bag and go have fun!

Fireworks never get canceled they are delayed but they have to shoot them, only severe thunder will delay them, if it's just raining they will go off on time
The parade will get delayed due to rain and if it looks low it'll be raining for a long time it does get canceled
I wouldn't worry this far out though, the best forecast will be provided the night before and that same morning

This is Florida and that is 7 days away. I don't trust the forecast for tomorrow. On top of that there is a 20% chance of rain which is forecast for basically every day - lol. Also it rarely rains for long periods. There is no guarantee but you should be fine. And like i said, if it does rain, it won't wash out the night. Throw a cheap WalMart poncho in your bag and go have fun!

@apxstitch check the night before/morning of......."this is Florida" is absolutely true in regards to weather and it changes minute to minute sometimes - believe us :yo-yo: You guys will have a great time......

@apxstitch check the night before/morning of......."this is Florida" is absolutely true in regards to weather and it changes minute to minute sometimes - b
Quick Review - 11/16 MVMCP & Tony's!
Arrived at 4pm on the dot, a bit busy to get in, but no big deal. No FastPasses because we had been at HS all morning and nothing was left that we wanted at MK before the party. Got Dole Whips at 4pm, then did Carousel of Progress & the People Mover, headed to Pecos Bills for dinner (we must have done something else... because it was 6:15 when we finished dinner). Pretzel treat station not open until 6:45, so we rode Pirates (less than 10 min) and then met up with friends near the hub. After a bit of a long chat, we all rode Buzz together, then my clan left them to ride Space, 7D had a 45 min wait & PP was 35 (we were doing EMM on Sunday so we skipped them), did Haunted Mansion next & picked up a party pin from the Christmas Store. Along the way we stopped at a PhotoPass Photographer outside of SM (Baymax Magic Shot), all the treat stations (the slushy was gross - and it was way too cold out for a slushy but the Hot Chocolate was good - they all had BIG lines but were moving fast, & another Magic Shot with Zero outside of HM. It was about 9:15 and everyone was getting cold & cranky so we headed to Tony's to regroup - perfect timing! Got there around 9:45, found an inside table, no problem. Ate lots - only GF dessert was the chocolate yule log, so DH was a bit disappointed. Meatballs were gross. Most of the hot food wasn't great, but inside & hot chocolate (and the hot angry orchard cider) were good. I went up to the hub shortly after for the fireworks. No space in front of Casey's - the grass was blocked off for a reserved section, just like the dessert party on the other side??? Rode the crowd wave back down to the tree & got a spot for the 4 of us (kids & DH stayed in Tony's for the fireworks, they were too cold) - so this was right after the fireworks and I was about 3 people to the side of the tree with an ECV in front of me - so no curb/front row. TONS of space in the rest of the area, though. Could easily show up at 11 for a side spot.

Best part was going back into Tony's for more hot chocolate while the masses left the park, then having a quiet walk to the Monorail 20 minutes later.

So, yes, we loved the parade viewing, the space to rest & relax, and to hide out after the parade. The food genuinely sucked. It would not have worked for a late dinner for us. We found it worth it overall and would do it again.
View attachment 366339

Great review! TY :yay:

I would say second row filled up by 8pm, some people on the curb stood up so people in the second row didn't have a great view, some stayed seated

From what I've seen, very few people stand when on curb spot so I should be okay. If I was to stand up if got a curb spot, would you look at me and think "wow how selfish"? Don't want to be that guy...you get me?

From what I've seen, very few people stand when on curb spot so I should be okay. If I was to stand up if got a curb spot, would you look at me and think "wow how selfish"? Don't want to be that guy...you get me?
I seriously don't mind if people stand up, I am a short person who cannot stay sitting for long periods of time, so I make sure to grab my curb spot early, sometimes I can sit through the whole thing, sometimes I need to stand and stretch out, but I don know some people mind.
Another alternative is to stand behind trash cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter