"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, this thread has really opened my eyes. We were just going to go and mosey around and try to catch a couple of character meet & greets, watch the parade and fireworks, and maybe catch a ride or two. Now I see that I had better have a plan in place. My family is going to hate me, lol. Commence MVMCP touring planning.

Guys, this thread has really opened my eyes. We were just going to go and mosey around and try to catch a couple of character meet & greets, watch the parade and fireworks, and maybe catch a ride or two. Now I see that I had better have a plan in place. My family is going to hate me, lol. Commence MVMCP touring planning.
I find it's better to go in with a plan and make changes or cancel things on the fly, rather than show up, be overwhelmed at everything there is to do and spend the party trying to figure out what you should do next. Having even a rough plan is better than nothing :)

Last edited:
This will be our first time - If we have a spot to see Mickeys Most Merriest Christmas Celebration @ 7:40, can we just stick around in that same spot and wait for the Frozen Holiday @ 8:15? Or is it on a different stage?
Also, what's the closest place to go right after FHW to get a good view of the 8:30 parade? I read that the Frozen thing is only 7 minutes long..

well now that we have a little bit of a schedule to go by I just booked the Tonys party!!!
so I'm going to attempt this semi schedule as of now.. please let me know if anything is WAY off or needs tweaking..
Eat a QS at our hotel- I have a Plaza ADR for 515 but debating on canceling it
FP- Jingle Cruise 430-530
Mobile Order Dole Whip!!!!
Ride Small World
Line up Pooh & Gang @615ish & hopefully be done by 7:30
head to tomorrow land to ride Buzz and see Tomorrow Land show @835
Picture in front of the castle- when is the best time/place to do this?????
Head over to Tonys and have some snacks @ 930
Watch fireworks from Main St @10- is this an ok spot to watch?????
Parade @11
Jump over to Meet Mickey @ TS as soon as parade passes
Have some more snacks at Tonys

I'm not too interested in watching the castle get lit up as much as i am seeing it all lit up.. also id love to see mickeys merriest, but i know the hub is a madhouse and im not sure when i should fit that in there??

Thanks!!

Edit: Id also like to squeeze in a Magic Shot or 2 throughout the night... its a little overwhelming!!!!

I need to start a plan for the party. This is my first solo trip and im not sure if I want to do many character meets, I think I may try to at least catch sandy claws, but other than that not sure. Went to MNSSHP last year and because of the rain spent most of our time waiting for things to happen so I think I’ll end up being able to fit in more than I think I can.

Gingerbread Mickey Straws and Seasonal Popcorn Buckets Make Holiday Debut in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom!

The new Gingerbread Mickey Straws!
(I'm so getting this!!!)
Price: $4

christmas-holiday-2018-gingerbread-mickey-straw-4-450x600.jpg
Yep, gonna need this. It'll maybe make up for the fact that I didn't get my headless horseman straw clip. These things make great christmas ornaments!

Cinderella Castle Gingerbread Display Returns for 2018 with New Merchandise at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

13E6136D-E300-4284-BE8A-1B4DAF85BD8A.jpeg

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/photos-ci...ntemporary-resort-gingerbread-display-2017-2/
This will be our first time staying at CR and Poly so I'm going to need a small fortune to purchase all of these specialty items!

I've been constantly stalking the dining page for just about two weeks now.

I need to schedule my DVR!
I already have the first one scheduled but didn't know the dates for the others. Gotta do this before I forget. I'm bummed I forgot to dvr the Wicked special that was on Oct 29th :(

1. From the HUB
    Reindeer Wranglers
    7:15pm, 8:05pm,
    9:30pm, 10:30pm,
    11:45pm

A Frozen Holiday Wish
    8:15pm

Mickey's Most Merriest
    Celebration
    7:40pm, 9:25pm,
    10:30pm, 11:55pm

Mickey's Once Upon A
    Christmastime Parade
    8:30pm, 11pm

A Totally Tomorrowland
    Christmas!
    7:45pm, 8:35pm,
    9:25pm, 10:45pm, 11:35pm

The Edge Effect - Mickey's
    Very Merry Christmas Party
    8:10pm, 9pm,
    10:20pm, 11:10pm

Club Tinsel - Mickey's Very
    Merry Christmas Party
    7pm - 12am
This is great! Now I can gather some sort of a plan. Having the Tony's party is really forcing me to keep a tight schedule so I don't miss out on the other stuff.

Details of Toy Story Land Holiday Overlay Revealed

As part of the Walt Disney World Resort's holiday transformation, the brand-new land in Disney Hollywood Studios will be getting a winter makeover.

While a Christmas overlay was announce in July for Alien Swirling Saucers, and later that month for all of TSL , details of the decor have now been made public.

• Woody's Lunch Box will be decorated with an oversized cranberry-and-popcorn garland and 10-foot-tall Hamm sugar cookie.
    • The entrance to Alien Swirling Saucers will feature green alien ornaments.
    • The land will have a 60” Angel Kitty in a paper plate and macaroni art wreath and a holiday card “selfie” of Toy Story Characters.
    • Slinky Dog Dash will play the sounds of sleigh bells ringing and Alien Swirling Saucers will add two new holiday songs.
    • Woody’s Lunch Box will also have a new holiday treat — the Cran-Apple Cinnamon Tart.
For more details on all of the events, entertainment, and treats guests will find at Hollywood Studios and the rest of the Walt Disney World Resort during the 2018 holiday season, head HERE.
I'm so very excited to see all of this. It was a bit overwhelming to see it for the first time without the Christmas overlay......I'm afraid it will be so spectacular I won't want to leave!

Gotta have a plan! The first couple of times we went to WDW (pre-DIS) we were all willy-nilly......I've gotten a little better about being to strict now and even alotted plenty of resort time this trip! Of course we were just there a month ago so that helps, lol

I'm freaking out because I realize I bought my MVMCP ticket for the wrong day! I wanted to go to the first party on Thursday but the tickets I bought are for Friday! Does anyone know if they will let me switch days if I call them up today?
I had tickets for November but then I had surgery so we moved our travel days to December 20th and I called and they switched them no problem. I did have to pay the difference in price, but they were very happy to help.

I'm waiting to make plans. Still waiting on the first few parties to decide whether it's worth the price to attend. Went to MNSSHP in 15 and it was busy but fun. Went again in 2017 and it was too busy. So hopefully they are listening to feedback from the parties, but I doubt it. If they are too busy, then we will just skip it. I've never been, so I'd like to attend, but if it's over crowded then it's not worth the price x5. Luckily we are military, so we can wait until day of to make a decision. So glad, because otherwise we'd be a definite no.

Yep, gonna need this. It'll maybe make up for the fact that I didn't get my headless horseman straw clip. These things make great Christmas ornaments!
Sorry about the Headless Horseman Straw. Yeah! I'm going to need several of these. Great stocking stuffers too!

This will be our first time staying at CR and Poly so I'm going to need a small fortune to purchase all of these specialty items!
This!^^^ Yes, I'm going to need a small fortune as well. Specialty items, MVMCP merchandise, Holiday merchandise, Spirit Jerseys, and the list goes on.

I already have the first one scheduled but didn't know the dates for the others. Gotta do this before I forget. I'm bummed I forgot to dvr the Wicked special that was on Oct 29th :(
As I type still haven't added the upcoming shows to my DVR list. I remembered to record the Wicked special. I forgot to set DVR for the 90th Celebration, Xfinity wouldn't let me record from app while out of town, so had mom record. Guess that's where we'll be on Friday night.

This is great! Now I can gather some sort of a plan. Having the Tony's party is really forcing me to keep a tight schedule so I don't miss out on the other stuff.
Plans are shaping up better now, Tony's still has availability for our date, but several add-ons for this trip already.

I'm so very excited to see all of this. It was a bit overwhelming to see it for the first time without the Christmas overlay......I'm afraid it will be so spectacular I won't want to leave!
True story. I'm excited about TSL. We'll only see it with the overlays. 2x this year, but both before opening. Added on the EMM-TSL when additional dates where added, so should help with rides and M&G, but it will be in the day time. I definitely want some night shots as well. So will have to see about crowd levels and waits.

Gotta have a plan! The first couple of times we went to WDW (pre-DIS) we were all willy-nilly......I've gotten a little better about being to strict now and even alotted plenty of resort time this trip! Of course we were just there a month ago so that helps, lol
Same. Plenty of trips over the years, and just started to stop and smell the roses (Resorts, more resort dining, DS, quick minute in room when staying at monorail resort) the last 2 years.

I agree that it's best to have a plan, but be willing to scrap it if need be. Last year was our first party. We made a list of all the things we wanted to do and times if applicable. Since we have 2 young children (then 5 and 2) we always try to be flexible. With us not knowing how they'd handle the late night we weren't sure if they'd last. They both ended up making it the whole night with our 2 year old wanting to walk most of the time, surprisingly enough. Even with it being a sold out party we had a lot of fun just jumping around based on where wait times were low. I think it also gave us a chance to be able to stop and take in the atmosphere instead of rushing off to the next line or show.

The straw is so cute! I’ll definitely need one. And that would be such a cute gift to throw into the little basket I’ll make for my managers at work.

I got a reservation for lunch @ Chef Mickey’s at 1pm for my party day. We’ll most likely lyft to Contemporary and then walk to the MK when we’re done. I’m excited to see the CR gingerbread! Hoping to be in the park by 230/245 since we’re AP’s. We’re big picture people, so we’re planning on getting some nice photos in with our party outfits while there’s still good sunlight.

This is our first MVMCP, and meet and greets aren't on the top of our list. My son really doesn't care to stand in lines for hours to meet characters, so 99% sure we'll be walking around snacking on hot chocolate and cookies, going on rides, enjoying the fireworks and parade and that's it. I have FP booked for 2:45-5:45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter