"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not wearing pajamas, it's just not for us (plus we'll be at the park during the day!). I'll be in a Christmas Mickey shirt, my husband in a Stormtrooper Christmas shirt, and my girls in match Minnie Mouse Christmas shirts. Me and the girls will wear Christmas ears, too. I definitely think you will be fine with pajamas OR regular clothes.

Aww thank you! That’s made me feel better. I thought I was going to have to go out and buy all 8 of us matching PJ’s!
We all have a Christmas jumper we can wear which sounds like it should do the trick. Thank you again!

Amy Xx

Hi,
I am from the UK and haven’t been to the Christmas party before. Is it true everyone wears pyjamas? I don’t want to look silly if I show up in my normal clothes that’s all!

Thank you!

Amy Xx
You will definitely be in the majority with regular street clothes. People have custom shirts, "ugly" sweaters, regular Disney shirts, etc. Matching holiday PJs just tend to be something people can coordinate with all sizes and genders within a group. I know I personally would have froze two years ago during my MVMCP if I just had Christmas PJs on.

So last year you could see the fireworks and parade viewing with one party and this year it's two separate ones?

I was interested at first because we are tentatively doing a Tony's lunch with parade viewing, and I wouldn't mind switching to this if the prices were anywhere near it. $400 for my family though..... whoa.

Hi,
I am from the UK and haven’t been to the Christmas party before. Is it true everyone wears pyjamas? I don’t want to look silly if I show up in my normal clothes that’s all!

Thank you!

Amy Xx

I purchased matching PJs for us to wear... will we be wearing them?? who knows!!! I will bring back up outfits just in case...Never know how the boys will feel last minute!!

So last year you could see the fireworks and parade viewing with one party and this year it's two separate ones?

I was interested at first because we are tentatively doing a Tony's lunch with parade viewing, and I wouldn't mind switching to this if the prices were anywhere near it. $400 for my family though..... whoa.

Last year Disney removed parade viewing from the dessert parties, no parade viewing in 2017. MNSSHP had the Villain Dessert Party a few years ago (2014) that started parties that included parade viewing. MVMCP didn't start including parade viewing until 2015/2016 (My mind is drawing a blank). This year typo on MNSSHP page stating Dessert Party was included, but it was removed from the website. PP that had purchased called & emailed stating dissatisfaction with Disney and that they should honor what was posted, since that was reason PP purchased DP. It had issues during the party, who gets parade viewing who doesn't. A few nights everyone attending DP got parade viewing, that was not the case for later parties. S0 I guess this is Disney's way to make more money & include parade viewing for MVMCP.

The parade kicks off in Frontierland, so if you’re at the flagpole around 11, you’re in place long before the parade arrives in that area. Though you will need to walk behind the crowds lining Main Street - we usually cut through the shops.
Thanks for this info and tips. I’m wondering if you’re able to take the train and get out at the front of the park to watch the parade and avoid wading through the Main Street crowds too?

The garden kitty-corner from Casey’s isn’t the one for the dessert party viewing? It looks like quite a large space on the map. It’s shocking that people wouldn’t be crowding in. We might have to try it.

There’s a medical condition in our family so a less crowded spot that we can avoid as much jostling and be able to get out of relatively easily if there’s a problem will help us a lot. As would a place to sit. Ut we’ll have a seated walker or wheelchair with us to provide that option in emergencies or as fatigue kick start in (or it’s just a “bad” day in terms of the condition).

Ive seen some people refer to great viewing near BOG. I’m assuming they mean of the fireworks? I’m assuming it’d be a lot less crowded there but do you lose out a lot of the experience of not seeing the castle lit up for Christmas? How far back can you be from the castle and still have a good view of the fireworks on Main Street with the castle and decorations in view? Is Main Street back from the hub less crowded during the fireworks? What about areas you’re allowed to be in Tomorrowland?

Does anyone has a map or any insights on area that are absolutely blocked off that you aren’t allowed to be standing or occupying during the fireworks or parade?

We’re newbies and I’m really having trouble wrapping my head around being able to time things to ensure you have a spot but to get to move around the park too. I’m feeling like lots of people claim a spot on Main Street or the Hub at 7 pm and just don’t move all night if they want to see the parade and fireworks. We don’t want to do meet and greets but we would like to do a few rides, look in stores and at merchandise and just enjoy the decorations and atmospheres, in addition to seeing Frozen Wish, Mickey’s Merriest, the parade and the fireworks. Is this even feasible? Is there time between each thing to go and do something and then come back? Or do the crowds make that impossible? At least if you don’t want to be lost in them ...

We’re newbies and I’m really having trouble wrapping my head around being able to time things to ensure you have a spot but to get to move around the park too. I’m feeling like lots of people claim a spot on Main Street or the Hub at 7 pm and just don’t move all night if they want to see the parade and fireworks. We don’t want to do meet and greets but we would like to do a few rides, look in stores and at merchandise and just enjoy the decorations and atmospheres, in addition to seeing Frozen Wish, Mickey’s Merriest, the parade and the fireworks. Is this even feasible? Is there time between each thing to go and do something and then come back? Or do the crowds make that impossible? At least if you don’t want to be lost in them ...
Same here. We’re also brand new at this and your question is perfect!

Thanks for this info and tips. I’m wondering if you’re able to take the train and get out at the front of the park to watch the parade and avoid wading through the Main Street crowds too?

The garden kitty-corner from Casey’s isn’t the one for the dessert party viewing? It looks like quite a large space on the map. It’s shocking that people wouldn’t be crowding in. We might have to try it.

There’s a medical condition in our family so a less crowded spot that we can avoid as much jostling and be able to get out of relatively easily if there’s a problem will help us a lot. As would a place to sit. Ut we’ll have a seated walker or wheelchair with us to provide that option in emergencies or as fatigue kick start in (or it’s just a “bad” day in terms of the condition).
The garden in front of the Plaza is for the desert party, the garden in front of Casey’s is open to anyone.

And I don’t believe the train runs during the party, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong!

we'll stay with the Garden View Dessert Party. I'm assuming we can just stay in that area for the last parade, so we have reserved viewing for the two without getting there really early. The reserved section is our draw, and the food is secondary.
You can stay in that area, but just know that you will not have much of a view of the parade. There will be 3 to 4 rows of people between you and Main Street if you remain in the garden. But if you’re fine just seeing the tops of floats, that could work.

Hi,

Thank you!

Amy Xx
I've been to the Christmas parties the last few years and many people/families do wear cute Disney Pj's. They are wear Christmas shirts.

The garden in front of the Plaza is for the desert party, the garden in front of Casey’s is open to anyone.

And I don’t believe the train runs during the party, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong!
Correct...DH asks every year and every year it's been closed during the parties!

Has anyone watched this firework show from the back of the castle? I don’t want to do the dessert party but I feel like I wasted most of the party last year waiting for the fireworks/parade/show/castle lighting in front of the castle and don’t want my grandma to have to stand and wait that long. I’m considering doing the fireworks and second parade if we watch from Main Street. Just trying to weigh my options!

The last party we went to was in 2015. We ate at BOG and happened to be leaving as the fireworks started. I believe they let the fireworks off behind the park. It was the neatest experience! The were right above us and seemed to surround us from all sides. We are going again this year and are debating hanging out behind the castle. This was we do not have to camp out for a spot in front of the castle.

I've been to the Christmas parties the last few years and many people/families do wear cute Disney Pj's. They are wear Christmas shirts.
Pajamas could be cute IF done well. Could even be better than some of the things we see during the day.

I can see little kids changing into their PJs at the party as the night goes on and they settle into their strollers. It would make it much easier to get them ready for bed back at the room when returning after the coach had turned back into a pumpkin.

If the parents had T-shirts that matched their kids PJs it could be even more adorable.

Ok I'm going a bit overboard now lol.
I had already bought one matching shirt for my sister and I.
Well now I decided we are gonna be coordinated each day.
She has the limited edition Christmas shirts for Figment and jingle Cruise.
I actually have them as well but mine are much too big now.
So I just bought similar shirts on Etsy.
We are wearing the Figment shirts one our HS and Epcot day, the Jingle Cruise shirts on our MVMCP day, and the other shirts that are Mickey head giant snowflakes on our MK, Epcot, and HS day.

il_570xN.1393895775_3fb7.jpg

il_570xN.1365274815_6emp.jpg

And then.... I saw this Lily Bloom crossbody on ebay. I think its adorable. This way even if I'm wearing a jacket I'm still festive plus I wonder if it will score me points at bag check lol.
s-l1600.jpg

Now I just am waiting on Walmart to transition from Halloween shirts to Christmas shirts so I can pick up some more cute but cheap shirts.

Ok I'm going a bit overboard now lol.
I had already bought one matching shirt for my sister and I.
Well now I decided we are gonna be coordinated each day.
She has the limited edition Christmas shirts for Figment and jingle Cruise.
I actually have them as well but mine are much too big now.
So I just bought similar shirts on Etsy.
We are wearing the Figment shirts one our HS and Epcot day, the Jingle Cruise shirts on our MVMCP day, and the other shirts that are Mickey head giant snowflakes on our MK, Epcot, and HS day.

il_570xN.1393895775_3fb7.jpg

il_570xN.1365274815_6emp.jpg

And then.... I saw this Lily Bloom crossbody on ebay. I think its adorable. This way even if I'm wearing a jacket I'm still festive plus I wonder if it will score me points at bag check lol.
s-l1600.jpg

Now I just am waiting on Walmart to transition from Halloween shirts to Christmas shirts so I can pick up some more cute but cheap shirts.

LOVE THEM!!!!!!! so much fun!! Cannot wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter