"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are wondering the same thing about an alternate viewing spot. We have young kids and had planned to leave right after the 2nd parade. Frontier Land just seems such a far walk to get out when the kids are tired. And I don't want to have to sit and be squished on Main Street for an hour to wait.

Does the parade go all around the square? Could we choose a spot that faces the train station (I know, the view isn't as magical)? That way we can just walk out after it's done...
Yes, the parade comes down Main Street, and if you're facing the flapole with the train station behind it, it goes left (in front of Tony's) around the square and ends between the barber shop and fire station. So, you could find a spot near Tony's or the train station and still get out very easily.
I wanted the iconic view with the snow looking down Main Street at the castle. Guess I'll have to plan on staking out a spot on Main Street now after the fireworks.

It actually sounds more worthwhile and like it has more value to me than a dessert party.

But eesh. I cannot justify another extra at that cost.

I am with you. It does sound worthwhile and better than the dessert party. We have a 5:20 BOG dinner ressie. Maybe I should swap that for this? DH isn't sold on the dinner anyway....

I am with you. It does sound worthwhile and better than the dessert party. We have a 5:20 BOG dinner ressie. Maybe I should swap that for this? DH isn't sold on the dinner anyway....

Hmmm we don't have an ADR the day of the party but if I had BOG planned and didn't really care for it I might switch it and justify the cost. We don't have an ADR the day of the party and I don't want to cancel BOG from another day. It's DD's one must do.

I really really want to go but I honestly cannot justify $100 pp for some "free cookies and beverages" and maybe the opportunity to see some characters in holiday costumes. With Disney selling WAY more tickets than before, the advantages are not outweighing the cost anymore. I have been to MNSSHP and I can justify that cost because you are allowed to dress up, as much candy as possible and I dunno, Halloween is better?!!? Can someone please explain why the Christmas Party is something not to miss!!!

I just feel I can spend $100 on cookies and alcohol on a non-party night and make my own party lol
Personally, I would rather eat cookies than candy.

You can also spend $100 on candy and alcohol on a non-party night. Though I might look at you like you were crazy for spending that much on candy.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, though.

Hmmm we don't have an ADR the day of the party but if I had BOG planned and didn't really care for it I might switch it and justify the cost. We don't have an ADR the day of the party and I don't want to cancel BOG from another day. It's DD's one must do.

Our party day is the only day we are at the MK (we are coming specifically for the party because we are in town that day but not doing anything else WDW). DD got to eat in the BOG castle for lunch during her band trip and loved it. So DD has been there. DH and I have not.

Everything I have read though is that BOG dinner is very expensive, the food quality varies from night to night and it really feels like a cafeteria setting. We did CRT awhile back and honestly it was expensive and although a then much younger DD enjoyed it alot she has said, now that shes older lol, is really wasn't worth the money we spent, especially for the food.

So I am torn. DH would like the Tony's more for sure...

Last edited:
Our party day is the only day we are at the MK (we are coming specifically for the party because we are in town that day but not doing anything else WDW). DD got to eat in the BOG castle for lunch during her band trip and loved it. So DD has been there. DH and I have not.

Everything I have read though is that BOG dinner is very expensive, the food quality varies from night to night and it really feels like a cafeteria setting. We did CRT awhile back and honestly it was expensive and although a then much younger DD enjoyed it alot she has said, now that shes older lol, is really wasn't worth the money we spent, especially for the food.

So I am torn. DH would like the Tony's more for sure...

Disney decisions are so hard!

We have an ADR at 515 at Plaza..... just showed this to DH and he said do it... so guess I will be adding this to the list!!!! We have a 2yo and i didnt want to stand around for an hour looking for a spot.. so this is great!! plus the view you get!!!!! Its my 1st MVMCP and I planned to park out somewhere for the fireworks and the parade.. and this saves me some time!!

Gosh you guys, I may have misspoke in my excitement for first hearing about this. I’m not so sure now that I know the price that it would be a great deal for us. Another $300 or so dollars is the price of another MVMCP and I am not sure that I am willing to pay that for the 2nd parade viewing. And as someone else has mentioned, the walking to and from Tonys at our leisure to eat may be easier said than done with all the crowds. I have to make these decisions on my own because DH lets me do ALL the planning and stays out of it. If I ask him a question, it is always “whatever you think is best”. Little does he know, he is about to have to ask his HR Dept to just scratch our bank off his direct deposit and deposit all funds directly to Disney. Thanks for reading my ramblings you guys, y’all understand the struggle.:lovestruc

Have a Holly, Jolly Good Time at the new Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party!
(DPB on 10/26)

The party doesn’t stop there! At 11:00 p.m., you’ll have access to a special reserved viewing area for the truly enchanting Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade as it makes its way down Main Street, U.S.A. The festive procession includes dancing gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers and beloved Disney characters in their holiday finery. And the party continues until 12:30 a.m., ever longer than Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party is available for $99 per person (plus tax) every Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event night at Magic Kingdom Park. Admission to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is required to attend. Plus, we have great news for our Annual Passholders and DVC Members – you will be able to enjoy a 1-day exclusive early booking window on October 29 by calling 407-827-7348.

Reservations will be available to everyone beginning October 30 online or by calling 407-827-7348. Space is limited and will fill up fast, so book your reservation soon!
thp0129380129381293.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...he-new-tonys-most-merriest-town-square-party/

DPB is posting early today! :rotfl2: Still no actual party details. Maybe later today.
I personally hope this is a big flop for Disney. $99 is insane to pay for an additional party in a party you already paid that much or more for. Sad thing is, people will pay it. I've never been on the Disny money grab bandwagon - this puts me there. Whatever Disney. Ai-yai-yai

we'll stay with the Garden View Dessert Party. I'm assuming we can just stay in that area for the last parade, so we have reserved viewing for the two without getting there really early. The reserved section is our draw, and the food is secondary.

Do they wait until 7 to put out the special merchandise?

Also, how much info will we actually have before the first night?

Is a map made available before then?

Last edited:
Thought about the Tony's thing for a few seconds. I don't think it would be worth it for even just me by myself. I am small and can easily get a spot for the parade. The food sounds good. However, I think I would end up feeling really ill. My party day is the first day of my trip. I am and will be eating keto until then, except on Halloween and my birthday, so pigging out on that many carbs and alcohol in one night will make me feel terrible for my DHS rope drop the next day. There's no way that I could show any restraint and not gorge myself:( This is my first MVMCP, so I will just stick with the free treats and maybe buy a specialty treat. I do think this is a great alternative for some people, and I honestly think the food selection and alcohol make this a way better deal than the dessert party.

I’ll pass on the Tony’s party. We’re planning on going ham at the Epcot festival the day before, anyway. We don’t need another buffet of treats, especially for literally at the cost of a second party. Literally. Our tickets for 12/16 were $99 each. At that cost I’d just rather do a second party.

We’re going to enjoy the included treats, and worry about a parade spot as the night progresses. It’ll most likely end up being around the castle like we do for MNSSHP.

I’ll pass on the Tony’s party. We’re planning on going ham at the Epcot festival the day before, anyway. We don’t need another buffet of treats, especially for literally at the cost of a second party. Literally. Our tickets for 12/16 were $99 each. At that cost I’d just rather do a second party.

We’re going to enjoy the included treats, and worry about a parade spot as the night progresses. It’ll most likely end up being around the castle like we do for MNSSHP.

I am so excited to get to do the holiday stuff at Epcot. We did it a few years ago without our son. The food and entertainment were really good. DS is coming along this time, and I think he will really enjoy it, especially Germany. It will bring back memories of our xmas trip to Nuremburg for the markets 3 years ago.

We have an ADR at 515 at Plaza..... just showed this to DH and he said do it... so guess I will be adding this to the list!!!! We have a 2yo and i didnt want to stand around for an hour looking for a spot.. so this is great!! plus the view you get!!!!! Its my 1st MVMCP and I planned to park out somewhere for the fireworks and the parade.. and this saves me some time!!
We have a 2 year old as well, but there's no way he will make it to 11pm for the parade (really 11:20pm by the time it gets to you) and be in a decent mood. If this was for the first parade, I'd book it in a heartbeat

Hi,
I am from the UK and haven’t been to the Christmas party before. Is it true everyone wears pyjamas? I don’t want to look silly if I show up in my normal clothes that’s all!

Thank you!

Amy Xx

We have a 2 year old as well, but there's no way he will make it to 11pm for the parade (really 11:20pm by the time it gets to you) and be in a decent mood. If this was for the first parade, I'd book it in a heartbeat

LOL.. Im hoping with a good nap and adequate amounts of sugar this could be accomplished!! it would be a LIFE SAVER if it was for the 1st parade!! I'm shocked they arent doing it for that!!

Hi,
I am from the UK and haven’t been to the Christmas party before. Is it true everyone wears pyjamas? I don’t want to look silly if I show up in my normal clothes that’s all!

Thank you!

Amy Xx
We're not wearing pajamas, it's just not for us (plus we'll be at the park during the day!). I'll be in a Christmas Mickey shirt, my husband in a Stormtrooper Christmas shirt, and my girls in match Minnie Mouse Christmas shirts. Me and the girls will wear Christmas ears, too. I definitely think you will be fine with pajamas OR regular clothes.

Hi,

Thank you!

Amy Xx

Nobody in my family will be in pajamas. And I don’t think anyone wants to see me in my pj’s. Lol

You can also count us among those not interested in the Tony’s thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter