"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Our only options for MVMCP would be the first night Thurs 11/8 or Fri 11/9. Do you think these dates will sell out? If so, how close to the dates would they sell out? And which night would you suggest? Thank you!
I would go to the Thursday night one. I've read that the week night parties are less crowded because the locals have school/work the next day, as opposed to the Friday/Saturday ones. That's just speculation on my part though.

Are you able to leave the party and re-enter? We have a 10yo and our twins will be 22ish months when we go to the party in November. At home, the twins go to bed at 7/7:30pm, and while we aren't planning to stick to bedtime at Disney (hoping they can make it until at least 10 or so with a long afternoon rest), if we find that they turn into a total disaster by 8pm or something, we may have to take them back to the resort early. I'm wondering if one of us can leave with them and the other stay with DS10, then maybe after a couple of hours switch off. We are staying at CR, so even though that wouldn't be ideal, it wouldn't be that hard to do as long as we are allowed to re-enter.

Does anyone know the answer to the above and has anyone done this?

Doesn’t anyone know when park hours for party nights were released last year? Last year MK opened at 8am on party days (at least for the early nov parties) but currently says 9am. Wondering how far inadvance this would happen, if at all.

Does anyone know the answer to the above and has anyone done this?
I think a lot of people try to
optimize their party time, so never left the park during it. Which makes it hard to answer the question, but I would assume it would work. Just might not be easy being Mainstreet is not easily navigatable throughout much of the night.

I think a lot of people try to
optimize their party time, so never left the park during it. Which makes it hard to answer the question, but I would assume it would work. Just might not be easy being Mainstreet is not easily navigatable throughout much of the night.

Makes sense, and hopefully we won't need to do it. Just hoping it's a last-resort option if the littles are miserable. Thank you!

Makes sense, and hopefully we won't need to do it. Just hoping it's a last-resort option if the littles are miserable. Thank you!
You could always send an email to guest relations to explain the situation and to ask them for peace of mind about it. I wouldn't call because there is no telling what kind of answer you will get.

You should be able to do this no problem. I don't know of any Disney ticket that doesn't allow reentry. They do the biometrics as you enter. Just check before leaving if by some odd chance you need something else to return. And do carry ID.

wondering also if i should buy tickets for 11/8 or 11/9 . the poster above mentioned the 11/8 option is best because it's a weekday but it's the first night of the xmas party for 2018. 11/9 is a friday, and i too can't decide. which one will be less crowded, the first night or the next night which is a friday? we leave 11/10. need advice also please.

I imagine both parties will be crowded. The 8th is the first party so that will most likely sell out, and the 9th is the Friday kicking off a holiday weekend so you're not just getting locals but people taking advantage of the long weekend. Honestly, even if a party sells out it's still very possible (and very likely) to accomplish a lot.

My bet is many people will think the 8TH is the better alternative and buy those tickets, which will likely result in both parties being sold out. Good news is I have had a great time at sold out parties. Sure the parades and fireworks are packed, but aren't they really always??

I have tickets for the 8th (leaving the 9th). I bought them assuming the party would sell out so I'm not concerned. I've been to sold out parties before and still had a fabulous time and didn't miss out on anything I wanted to do.

It's also worth remembering that a sold out MVMCP is still more manageable crowd-wise than an average day at Magic Kingdom in the summer.

We haven't gotten our tickets yet but we are excited to be going later this season as last year there wasn't alot of feedback yet and I like to have our night planned out. We are there for the characters and shows maybe do Jingle Cruise but probably before the party like last year. We still got a few Princes to meet on our list lol

Last edited:
I just really don't like the tremendous line for characters, shouldn't be that long. any tips on that?

Does anyone know if Moana will for sure be at the party? I know she has been but didn't know if that was a guarantee. Also, how long was her line? She's my daughter's favorite so I don't know if we should suck it up and wait in line to meet her or just skip her...

Does anyone know if Moana will for sure be at the party? I know she has been but didn't know if that was a guarantee. Also, how long was her line? She's my daughter's favorite so I don't know if we should suck it up and wait in line to meet her or just skip her...
Characters for this year will not be released until much closer to party dates, unfortunately. However, if she returns to MNSSHP, I’d say it’s a very good chance she’ll also be at MVMCP. Her line was one of the longest last year, and most guests reported having the best success lining up right at 4 or waiting until the end of the night.

Booking a quick trip to see NPH at the Candlelight Processional (Disney bucket list check) and my birthday and thinking I might hit up the party on the 7th. It's a Friday so not ideal, but this is a quick trip.

There isn’t any dining left for 5 that day, but I’ll keep checking. I had totally forgot about the Xmas party when I made my dining.

I'm late on this because I've been away, but just wanted to say that last year we got a last minute Plaza reservation on the day of during a sold out party night for 4:45. I had decided the day before that I wanted to try to get one and I kept checking and finally got one that morning after someone cancelled. So it's very possible and also, it worked great!

Just booked December 21st MVMCP tickets. I know it will be busy, but it was the only day we could do it on our quick trip. Just planning to enjoy what we can during the party! I haven't been to it since the early 00s and I think it was one of the first years they had it. Crowds were a lot less at that time. Anyone been on the final few nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter