• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been to Disney in over 5 years. Just kind of got burnt out and there was nothing new in the parks. Even before that we had just been going to the party every year, didn't buy passes. So we decided to do the Holiday Party this December. Since then, a friend has spots open on a VIP day (7 hrs) on the Friday after Thanksgiving so we are doing that and someone wanted me to do the Princess half marathon with them in February. So from not going in over 5 years to 3 visits within 3 1/2 months. Need to buy some resident passes...…..

Haven't been to Disney in over 5 years. Just kind of got burnt out and there was nothing new in the parks. Even before that we had just been going to the party every year, didn't buy passes. So we decided to do the Holiday Party this December. Since then, a friend has spots open on a VIP day (7 hrs) on the Friday after Thanksgiving so we are doing that and someone wanted me to do the Princess half marathon with them in February. So from not going in over 5 years to 3 visits within 3 1/2 months. Need to buy some resident passes...…..
Sounds like my Dream Life! Have a great time!

Reservations Now Open for Storybook Dining at Artist Point

Snow White has invited all of her new friends to this magical character dining experience, and she’s inviting you too! So make a journey to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to experience Storybook Dining at Artist Point starting December 16, 2018. Pricing is $55 for adults and $33 for children ages 3-9 (tax and gratuity not included). Each guest will receive one of each appetizer, their choice of entrée, and one of each dessert as well as their choice of non-alcoholic fountain beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty beverages are not included). All menu items are subject to change.

:sad: This is after my trip.

Snow White has invited all of her new friends to this magical character dining experience, and she’s inviting you too! So make a journey to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to experience Storybook Dining at Artist Point starting December 16, 2018. Pricing is $55 for adults and $33 for children ages 3-9 (tax and gratuity not included). Each guest will receive one of each appetizer, their choice of entrée, and one of each dessert as well as their choice of non-alcoholic fountain beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty beverages are not included). All menu items are subject to change.

I'm leaving 12/14 :sad::sad::sad::sad:

How are the lines on rides and attractions during the parties? I've seen so many posts over the years with people saying they rode everything multiple times, but is that really how it is? I would like to get my family on 7 Dwarfs once or twice. It's the 11/30 party we're thinking of doing.

Last edited:

I guess you just need to plan another trip!! :)

I immediately thought of you when I saw the opening date. So sorry you’ll miss it!

I was going to book this for my February trip, but I think I will hold off and book it for my June trip with my family. I think my boys would actually get a kick out of it.

I HEAR you... I have already bought 10 T-Shirts from Etsy (5 for me and 5 for DH) for our November trip.
And I am NOT FINISHED yet "LOL" (I am very happy the shop owner got me a 15 prosent discount)

I think I've bought about 18 shirts from various vendors on Etsy and people I've found on Instagram. I'm waiting for bykystudios on Etsy to release her Christmas shirts. She gave a sample and they look good. I've gotten a few shirts from her and I love them all.

I booked this for January.

Im sure the answer to my question might be somewhere and I read the beginning but it doesn’t mention the wait for Jack as Sandy Clause specifically.. I’ve been to the Halloween Party and know he is popular then, but what about MVMCP? Is he one you should line up super early for? First Christmas party and I want to be sure to meet him (and of course Mickey)! Somehow I talked my husband into taking me to Disney for our 10th Anniversary! Thanks in advance!

How are the lines on rides and attractions during the parties? I've seen so many posts over the years with people saying they rode everything multiple times, but is that really how it is? I would like to get my family on 7 Dwarfs once or twice. It's the 11/30 party we're thinking of doing.

Last year except for PP, HM & 7DMT, yes. We did Barnstormer 13 times, 5 without getting off, Winnie the Pooh 2X. Speedway 3X. Buzz 2X. We did do HM 2x. PP & 7DMT 1x. Dumbo 3X. Teacups 3X. Sold Out party too.

EDIT: For Tea Cups, Barnstormer, Dumbo & Pooh after riding together as family, DH & I tag team the character lines. Main St. for parade past Casey's for Kringle Krew and speedy walk to Mickey. And all of the Magic Shots except the giant Bulb; please note they remove this early. I do not like to cross all around the park, more of a circle, so we planned to do Bulb at last stage show, but CMs had already put it up for the night.

Last edited:
Im sure the answer to my question might be somewhere and I read the beginning but it doesn’t mention the wait for Jack as Sandy Clause specifically.. I’ve been to the Halloween Party and know he is popular then, but what about MVMCP? Is he one you should line up super early for? First Christmas party and I want to be sure to meet him (and of course Mickey)! Somehow I talked my husband into taking me to Disney for our 10th Anniversary! Thanks in advance!

Post #1 doesn't mention/include waits for any character. If meets early, it will be updated with that time. Waits, you have to see what OP post after attending parties. Yes, he has long lines like at MNSSHP. I like the look with him at night, I meet him after 2nd parade (last 2 years). Mickey, very fast walk after parade, and stand closer to Town Square (what I did last year, ~15 minute wait).

I guess you just need to plan another trip!! :)

I immediately thought of you when I saw the opening date. So sorry you’ll miss it!

Yes, so true, but next year might be a no Disney trip. :sad2: We'll see. We haven't missed a year since 2013, and this will be trip 5 in 1.5 years, so DH wants to do something different. o_O

Post #1 doesn't mention/include waits for any character. If meets early, it will be updated with that time. Waits, you have to see what OP post after attending parties. Yes, he has long lines like at MNSSHP. I like the look with him at night, I meet him after 2nd parade (last 2 years). Mickey, very fast walk after parade, and stand closer to Town Square (what I did last year, ~15 minute wait).
Okay thanks for the info. I know OP didn’t mention most waits for characters but did point out about the dwarfs and getting in line at 5, so thought maybe Jack wouldn’t be as bad of a wait like at the Halloween party. I’ll remember the idea of meeting him at night, like you said, and thanks for the tip on Mickey. I’ll keep watch for updates after parties start. Thanks.

Yes, so true, but next year might be a no Disney trip. :sad2: We'll see. We haven't missed a year since 2013, and this will be trip 5 in 1.5 years, so DH wants to do something different. o_O
I didn’t realize there were other places to go?!?!?! LOL

Our first MVMCP! So excited - got the tickets today :) Hoping for a ressie at BOG but not holding my breath. DD got to eat there with the band trip one year so it won't break our hearts if we don't get one at this late date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter