• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just saw 2019 dates were released. We have a big family trip (to celebrate Christmas) first full week of January. So we could do the 7th .

My family of 4 have APs. My sisters family and mother do not. Can I purchase at the AP ticket prices for the others? I would actually be the one paying for them, thinking of doing this as a Christmas present for their family.

I'm so sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before but this is the first time this event would work with our schedule, so it hasn't really been on my radar until now.

Very excited that January DAH dates are up! I do see though that Peter Pan will not be available for most of the January dates. I haven't seen any info about refurb but is that probably why it won't be up? I hope not since we really like the ride! I tried to chat with a CM but they had no info either way of course.

We have our first trip to Disney in December and I now see there is DAH. I had planned rope dropping the first few days and not doing anything at night until day 5. DAH would be day 3. We are coming from the U.K for two weeks with children aged 10 and 8.

Would you do DAH as your first experience of Magic Kingdom or is it better to visit first during the day and do a PPO breakfast or EMM is it becomes available?

Attending DAH would mean sacrificing the early start at Magic Kingdom the next day

I guess i'm trying to figure out what would be the most 'magical' first experience for them.

Are there opportunities for quiet photos on main street during DAH?

Last edited:
Does DAH typically effect the daytime crowds on that given day? We are scheduled to go to MK on 1/24 which now has DAH. I'd love to do DAH but likely will not shell out the $$.

I'm guessing it shouldn't given the relatively small amount of DAH participants but thought I'd ask the experts.

Hi!! Anyone knows why Peter Pan Flight will not be included on January’s events?
Is it possible or necessary to book fast passes during the event? Thanks!:tinker:

Booked January 28th! My husband has never been to Disney World. At least for 3 hours, he won't have to deal with crowds.

We have our first trip to Disney in December and I now see there is DAH. I had planned rope dropping the first few days and not doing anything at night until day 5. DAH would be day 3. We are coming from the U.K for two weeks with children aged 10 and 8.

Would you do DAH as your first experience of Magic Kingdom or is it better to visit first during the day and do a PPO breakfast or EMM is it becomes available?

Attending DAH would mean sacrificing the early start at Magic Kingdom the next day

I guess i'm trying to figure out what would be the most 'magical' first experience for them.

Are there opportunities for quiet photos on main street during DAH?
We took our niece on her first trip this year (age 9 but she was weeks from being 10) and she loved DAH! It was so fun for her to choose what she wanted to do again. A normal day you don’t get to reride things. It was kind of fun to let her take the lead and see what she wanted to do. I made a general plan of which lands to hit and what order but she was in charge of if we wanted to reride anything. Just make sure they get a good nap or rest that day. Our niece could only make it until 11:30 even with a nap.

Hi!! Anyone knows why Peter Pan Flight will not be included on January’s events?
Is it possible or necessary to book fast passes during the event? Thanks!:tinker:
You can’t get FPS during the actual event but they have been letting people in at 6 pm so you could get FPS from 6 until the start of your DAH time. And actually we booked our first fp for like 5:30 so that we could book two others after and not have to wait an entire hour after being let in. Hopefully that makes sense.

Mom is both and AP and DVC member. Can she buy tickets with either discount for her two guests, who are neither?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter