"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnie Van is still $20 (or was on Saturday). Maybe including a tip? We got Minnie Vans a couple of times, but not at peak times like the end of DAH or anything. We were waiting for the bus at about 11:30 - so the big rush seemed to be over. Maybe our timing was good, but we only waited about 5 minutes and made the first bus that came (even though the line looked really long!)
Price increase might have been today...saw reports of the hike on another board.

Minnie Van is still $20 (or was on Saturday). Maybe including a tip? We got Minnie Vans a couple of times, but not at peak times like the end of DAH or anything.

I had a random 20% off rides from Lyft, and it took $2 off the cost of my Minnie Van too!

We were waiting for the bus at about 11:30 - so the big rush seemed to be over. Maybe our timing was good, but we only waited about 5 minutes and made the first bus that came (even though the line looked really long!)

Price increase might have been today...saw reports of the hike on another board.

Yeah, increase happened the same day as ticket and parking increases!

Would it be quicker to take the monorail or the boat to get from Ohana to MK for DAH?

Also, should we plan on riding BTMR during the 7:55 HEA or the 8:45 Once Upon a Time?

Would it be quicker to take the monorail or the boat to get from Ohana to MK for DAH?

Also, should we plan on riding BTMR during the 7:55 HEA or the 8:45 Once Upon a Time?
If you are trying to get a BTMR experience during fireworks, then HEA is definitely the way to go. Once upon a time is just a projection show with a couple fireworks at the end. It is very cool and I love all the projections, but it probably wouldn't have any impact on a BTMR ride!

Would it be quicker to take the monorail or the boat to get from Ohana to MK for DAH....

The monorail at Poly loads on 2nd floor, a short walk from ‘Ohana. So it would be quicker than the boat (you’d have to go downstairs and outside to the marina for the launch or the TTC for the ferry).

Sorry, I know it must be in this thread somewhere, but can we get in a hour before fireworks? We are going on Thursday and leave tomorrow. Thanks!

Sorry, I know it must be in this thread somewhere, but can we get in a hour before fireworks? We are going on Thursday and leave tomorrow. Thanks!

Official event entrance time is 7PM. Folks have generally reported being able to get in the front gates 6ish. HEA is at 7:55PM. HAVE FUN!

If you are trying to get a BTMR experience during fireworks, then HEA is definitely the way to go. Once upon a time is just a projection show with a couple fireworks at the end. It is very cool and I love all the projections, but it probably wouldn't have any impact on a BTMR ride!
Okay that sounds great thanks! We might watch once upon a time. I think we will be playing everything by ear when we get there.

All right 2/15’ers.... your night is almost here. :jumping1:

Thursday, February 15 (9PM-12AM) DIS Guest List
@eeyoreandtink
@CarolynFH
@dwsandy
@georgina
@sadliltear
@julezdisney
@disneyAndi14
@ceeceegee
@PlutosNumberOneFan
@cancersucks
@nancy155
@lovedisney123
@junebug
@melliemelo
@monique5

A few observations on this particular night:
  • The first 9PM-12AM DAH night.
  • The first night to sell out well in advance.
  • Possibly the warmest DAH night so far (forecast 8pm temp of 75 degrees, 3 mph wind, no rain).
As a reminder,
  • So far folks have generally been let in the park with their DAH ticket approx 6PM (official event entry is 7PM)
  • HEA is at 7:55PM
  • OUAT is 8:45PM
  • Regular park closing is 9PM
I hope everyone has a GREAT time!

I can’t wait to hear everyone’s reports from tonight! It’s riyghlybthe same schedule as my DAH night (3/8).

The last two DAH nights occur during the Pirates refurb. So it’s down - wishful thinking, but any possibility of an additional attraction being open or it open in any capacity?

I feel like they’ll have to continually explain it’s closed since the lanyards have it printed on there. (Unless the ones for 3/1 and 3/8 have removed POtC!)

Tomorrow! We are really looking forward to it. It’s been crowded and hot all week. There’s several rides I haven’t been able to FP and we don’t wait in long lines. We’ll be heading to MK in the afternoon so I’m hoping we can pick up lanyards from GS.

My 13 year old wants to take her 10 year old sister and go off by themselves during DAH. I think I will let them for part of it. The husband and I can ride what we want while the kids do their thing.

I’ll be sure to report back!

So we went to DAH on 2/8. Tried multiple times to get lanyards as we were in the park earlier in the day with our annual passes. We tried at Liberty Square about 4:30 – no luck. They told us we had to go to the front of the park at 7. We tried up the front around 5 as we had a bag of stuff we wanted to put inside a locker. I figured since we were already in the park and up at the front, we should try. We asked in guest relations and then also asked two other people who were standing out front. No luck. We were told we had to go out and come back in the park at 7pm by everyone we asked.

We gave up and ended up getting a fourth FP for BTMR at 6PM. We rode that and then took the train back up the front as a break off our feet and to try to avoid crowds walking on Main St. We found someone handing out lanyards and finally got them at about 6:45. We didn’t have to go all the way out, but just past the train. Then we hustled to get out of the crowds gathering. Pretty disappointing that we had to fight so hard to get them and be stuck in the Main St. crowds.

The night was busier than I expected it would be. But still a very good time. We made a quick bathroom stop before the event began and then starting at 8pm we rode:

Haunted Mansion (walked right on)

BTMRR x 2 (saw the fireworks during the ride – WOW!)

Pirates

Jungle Cruise

Astro Orbiter

Space Mountain

Buzz

Peter Pan (about a ten minute wait)

BTMR again

SDMT (took about 15 minutes to get on - we had ridden earlier in the day with a FP and got on quicker that way)

Space Mountain (first time was a walk on, but this second ride we waited 20 minutes to get on as a line had built up)

We had five ice creams and a popcorn. We couldn’t find any carts that didn’t have a line, so we did spend some time here. We made three stops throughout the night. At our last stop at the end of the night, the cart was out of all drinks.

We left the park about 11:15. Hopped on the ferry back to our car. No problems here.

I think it would be nice if it ran 4 hours instead of three as we were really moving to get to all the rides. Three hours flies by pretty fast. But we had fun and would do it again.

Sorry if this has already been discussed (didn’t bring laptop to Disney so hard to browse properly) but it seems as though more tickets are available for tonight?

Sorry if this has already been discussed (didn’t bring laptop to Disney so hard to browse properly) but it seems as though more tickets are available for tonight?

You’re right, I just checked the website & it does look like you can buy tickets again for tonight. Interesting. Wonder if they increased the number of tickets or always saves some for day of purchase.

And no, no one mentioned that before this.

You’re right, I just checked the website & it does look like you can buy tickets again for tonight. Interesting. Wonder if they increased the number of tickets or always saves some for day of purchase.

And no, no one mentioned that before this.

Interesting!

Although it looks like they are already gone, says “Sold out” for me (tried a few browsers just to be sure).

On Tuesday I switched tickets I had purchased for 2/15 to another date. I did check the website right after (and kept checking) to see if they’d ‘immediately’ be added back/made available, which they weren’t. Maybe they pool tickets like that for day of sales?

Whatever it was, must not have been many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter