"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! We hadn't ridden it in so long and I forgot how fast it is in some spots LOL. If you look closely, there's hardly anyone on..the fireworks were about to start :) It's a classic!

Definitely! Yes, it does whip around in some spots, lol! How cool to be on it during the fireworks! The girls looks so cute with their red shirts against the blue!

Does anyone know how many tickets they sell for these events? Just curious with 1/19/17 being sold out, I wonder how crowded it will be.

Hoping that the Tangled photopass spot is up and running. Those going Friday, please report back if you notice. I really want one of those pics but my boys hate standing in line for photos!

I didn't even think of that! I don't think they had those the last time I was in WDW, but they look so pretty!

Definitely! Yes, it does whip around in some spots, lol! How cool to be on it during the fireworks! The girls looks so cute with their red shirts against the blue!
They want to ride it again this time ! And for those with little ones worried about them losing steam and being too tired , I can tell you my girls did great and we saw plenty of little ones running around :) mine were 10 and 8 and I think I’ve mentioned before we drove 7 hours straight from
Suwanee ga swam all afternoon at the poly and stayed til the end (11:00) my younger one is my wild card so my husband was on standby at the hotel (he’s not feeling the magic anymore ) but she did great!!!

Is there a best time to go to Disneyland? I haven't looked into weather or anything, but we would probably be going in the summer.
Hmm, so, I would probably wait until end of June/July. By that time the Pixar Pier rides should be up and running. The Pixar-fest starts in April, but that is just the fireworks and probably Paint the Night; the rides won't be open until June.

Weather-Temperature wise, it's going to be hot. July and August are definitely hotter than June, but all months will still be hot. At least SoCal is "dry heat" so if you get in the shade it's better and once the sun goes down it gets much better (like a drop of 20 degrees from day-evening isn't unusual). And actually, if its really hot out, then the crowds will be much lower; just get there early for cooler morning touring, then take a pool/A/C break (much easier to do since you don't need to rely on bus system), then come back for the late afternoon/evening.

Crowds-the summer is not as bad as you might think, especially because of the annual pass blockout day factor. So many of the cheaper passes get blocked out for a lot of the summer, plus mid-level passes get blocked out most Saturdays, so actually Saturdays end up being the least busy day of the week!

Hoping that the Tangled photopass spot is up and running. Those going Friday, please report back if you notice. I really want one of those pics but my boys hate standing in line for photos!

Oh I hope so as well! And as you can see from my signature I REALLY hope the WEDWAY People Mover is open as well! I love someone's comment about Mr. Tom Morrow!!! Looking forward to reports from this Friday.

Add me to January 26! This will be my third DAH. Thanks!

Glad to hear you are going again Dave! Your initial review of it (and picture of an empty boat on Pirates) is what convinced me to do the first one in May 2016. We went last year and so this is our third as well. One upcharge Disney event I definitely think is worth the money.

So, I hope I'm not hyping it up too much, lol, but it's a long-time fave for me - and I enjoy it during the day for a nice break and at night - it's really beautiful at night!
That’s how I feel about CoP lol. I love it but I’m not even going to tell my niece what it is so she can decide for herself. How long does the people mover last?

Hmm, so, I would probably wait until end of June/July. By that time the Pixar Pier rides should be up and running. The Pixar-fest starts in April, but that is just the fireworks and probably Paint the Night; the rides won't be open until June.

Weather-Temperature wise, it's going to be hot. July and August are definitely hotter than June, but all months will still be hot. At least SoCal is "dry heat" so if you get in the shade it's better and once the sun goes down it gets much better (like a drop of 20 degrees from day-evening isn't unusual). And actually, if its really hot out, then the crowds will be much lower; just get there early for cooler morning touring, then take a pool/A/C break (much easier to do since you don't need to rely on bus system), then come back for the late afternoon/evening.

Crowds-the summer is not as bad as you might think, especially because of the annual pass blockout day factor. So many of the cheaper passes get blocked out for a lot of the summer, plus mid-level passes get blocked out most Saturdays, so actually Saturdays end up being the least busy day of the week!
How’s september there? I’m not sure it would work out but it might be an option for us.

Otherwise, I might just play it by ear based on when the rides open. I’m very surprised that Saturday’s can be less busy. Not the case at all at DW. I think I’m going to order the unofficial guide book. I did that for DW and loved it. I read all 800 pages and thought it was super helpful.

I think the dry heat will be nice compared to that awful humidity. I’ve never done Disney in the middle of summer so it would be a new experience for us.

People mover rumor is very exciting as I've never been on it! Our pre-party FPs on 2/8 are all in Adventureland and Frontierland so I've been crunching timing to see if we could haul over to tomorrowland to ride Peoole Mover and CoP before fireworks. This would eliminate one of those! Holy overthinking things:joker:

That’s how I feel about CoP lol. I love it but I’m not even going to tell my niece what it is so she can decide for herself. How long does the people mover last?

Always good to go in with limited pre-conceived ideas about things! I don't think we made it on CoP our last trip, so it will need to be a must do in April!

I think it's about 10 minutes, so fairly long, I guess. And like I said, different night vs day but great view either way!

Always good to go in with limited pre-conceived ideas about things! I don't think we made it on CoP our last trip, so it will need to be a must do in April!

I think it's about 10 minutes, so fairly long, I guess. And like I said, different night vs day but great view either way!
I think I’ll save it for our second mk day because the park is open from 9-11 and we will have lots of extra time after already doing most things at dah. I’m anticipating a large gap in our afternoon that day.

Does it go inside space mountain?

They want to ride it again this time ! And for those with little ones worried about them losing steam and being too tired , I can tell you my girls did great and we saw plenty of little ones running around :) mine were 10 and 8 and I think I’ve mentioned before we drove 7 hours straight from
Suwanee ga swam all afternoon at the poly and stayed til the end (11:00) my younger one is my wild card so my husband was on standby at the hotel (he’s not feeling the magic anymore ) but she did great!!!

Wow - that's impressive! I feel like we'll be so busy that she won't realize she's tired, plus she's usually motivated by snacks so I have that going for me too...

I don’t want to jinx all this PeopleMover love (which I share, BTW), but it reminds me of the time two years ago when DS and I got stuck on it for nearly 30 minutes during MNSSHP.

When we got on I was sort of thinking “this isn’t that great a use of party time.” We ended up stopped in the dark Space Mountain part. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Listening to the never ending screams from people riding SM....

Eventually they turned some lights on.... then eventually a CM walked by and told us to stay put, they had to walk the entire track.

It was a minor blip and sort of funny, in retrospect. DS brings it up every time we pass the section we were stopped.

Anyway, no point of that story... other than just a random WDW memory!

May all of your DAHs be free of ride stoppages! :-)

I don’t want to jinx all this PeopleMover love (which I share, BTW), but it reminds me of the time two years ago when DS and I got stuck on it for nearly 30 minutes during MNSSHP.

When we got on I was sort of thinking “this isn’t that great a use of party time.” We ended up stopped in the dark Space Mountain part. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Eventually they turned some lights on.... then eventually a CM walked by and told us to stay put, they had to walk the entire track.

It was a minor blip and sort of funny, in retrospect. DS brings it up every time we pass the section we were stopped.

We always get stopped on spaceship earth.

:rotfl2:I don't know why but that just makes me laugh - if it happens on DAH it would be like one guy screaming...but seriously you're bringing my Peoplemover dreams down. o_O j/k - that is a bummer during a party! Very valuable time! Hoping none of us encounter a ride stoppage!

My favorite ride stoppage was one time on HM at the top of the ballroom scene! It was great to be able to take a longer look, but not hoping to repeat that experience at DAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter