• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to remember what time, approx?
Hmmm... my best guess is half hour after DAH closing time (so 1:30 for us). We got into the Splash queue at 12:59 one night and that's probably ~20 minutes with walking through the queue, boarding, being on the ride, drying off at the bathroom after... That might have taken us to Main Street around 1:30.

Hmmm... my best guess is half hour after DAH closing time (so 1:30 for us). We got into the Splash queue at 12:59 one night and that's probably ~20 minutes with walking through the queue, boarding, being on the ride, drying off at the bathroom after... That might have taken us to Main Street around 1:30.

:thanks:

Absolutely! This will be our third time and hopefully not our last! Those pics are awesome ! You guys are adorable :) So glad you were able to make this trip happen.
Haha thanks. We were pretty wiped out after dah. I’m not sure we would do a weekend trip again.

We are not people who usually stay until park closing and this may be a stupid question - but what do they do at DAH closing? Make an announcement or something?
We’ve made it to the end both times and there was never an announcement. I didn’t even see any cms trying to get people out of the park. I’m not sure they really care too much. I will say that the big shop on Main Street was trying to lock their doors around 1:30-1:45. One of the workers saw me trying to get in and opened the door and said “I didn’t do anything...” lol

We met all of the princesses in March at the event because our niece was with us. It would have been no wait but we had a woman in front of us by herself that took about 5-10 minutes talking with each princess. It wasn’t a big deal but our niece just wanted a picture lol. I say go for it! At the end of dah in March they were standing outside talking to guests.
Wow, that would drive me crazy! Although I sort of understand since you probably can't take any time for chat during regular hours. I mostly just want pictures as well, but if my son decides he wants autographs that's fine by me too :)

11 days till we leave and I cannot wait for this event. Yippee!!!!

This is a random question... but with the DAH tickets, can you reassign them to other guests before they are used, like you can with normal park tickets?

I have seen posts from people who have attended the last 2 DAH events report that snack carts ran out of drinks well before end of event and I am curious to see if we should expect the same to happen for subsequent parties or if Disney wil pay attention to the number of tix sold and provide adequate supplies of drinks.

When I attended last Feb I remember being encouraged to take a bottle of water on my way out as I passed one of the snack carts.

I would not be surprised if they have increased the capacity. If they have not been selling a lot of tickets this summer (and they must not have, for them to invite bloggers for free, to get this huge marketing push) then they were not making money on this. So there would be no financial reason for them to cap the number of tickets sold if this big marketing campaign works.

It would be a shame if all of the videos showing how “the park is empty and every ride is a walk-on!” cause larger crowds to come, since the whole reason for this event was to admit only a small number of guests. This would be similar to a great restaurant getting rave reviews, becoming suddenly popular, and letting quality decline due to large crowds. I hope that WDW does not allow it to happen, but I don't know if they would turn away money in order to preserve the guest experience either.

You mean like has happened to the Halloween and Christmas parties over the last decade?:sad:

Wow, that would drive me crazy! Although I sort of understand since you probably can't take any time for chat during regular hours. I mostly just want pictures as well, but if my son decides he wants autographs that's fine by me too :)

11 days till we leave and I cannot wait for this event. Yippee!!!!
You’ll have a lot of fun! Just have a good plan and try not to back track through the park.

I just looked at my video of the Kiss Goodnight from Saturday, July 21...well, actually by that time it was Sunday. The time stamp on my phone says 1:15am.
I could have totally been wrong in my time estimate of 1:30. Maybe we got to Main Street sooner than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter