"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help - advice needed! I’ll be leaving the park at midnight on March 8, but will need to get to my car at TTC to drive back to offsite hotel. Is this safe? In other words, does anyone else actually drive to DAH?

I too was off site and had to drive myself. I ended up parking at the Poly and took monorail over from there and then bus back to Poly afterwards. I was also solo. I totally felt safe.

So excited! We're supposed to get some snow Wednesday :sad2: , but our flight is the first one out on Thursday AM (and it's supposed to be less than an inch accumulation at EWR on Weds, none Thurs. Here's hoping!). While it'd be nice to have some day time at DHS like we planned, all I care about is making it to the Magic Kingdom before 9 PM.

Hoping for fast days and great travel for everyone before Thursday!

We were lucky enough to be able to go on 3/1. We received our lanyards a little after 6, had dinner at Casey's, then went on Jungle Cruise with a FP. We then got a FP for Haunted Mansion. After Haunted Mansion, we saw Country Bear Jamboree, then went over to People Mover.

Around 8:50, Space Mountain allowed us in the FP line with our lanyards, so we rode that. When we got off, we rode Buzz with no wait. Then we got our first treats/drinks in Tomorrowland.

Then we rode 7DMT 2 times. The line is deceiving here, as it looked long, and the line said 25 minutes. It never took us more than 10 minutes to get through the line.

We then headed to Frontierland and got some treats in Liberty Square on the way. Then we rode BTMRR 2 times. On our way back to Fantasyland, we stopped by the treat cart again in Liberty Square (this was the one with the least amount of people all night).

Then we got back on 7DMT 2 times. Again, the line looked long, and the CM at the front told us we would wait for 25 minutes. We waited less than 10 minutes each time.

Finally, we went back to Tomorrowland, rode Buzz twice, and finished with Space Mountain one more time before getting more treats in Tomorrowland.

We left around 11:40 after we got a picture on Main Street, as we were tired, and we felt we did everything we wanted to do. We skipped a lot of the smaller rides because we had done them already and wanted to hit our favorites and the ones with the longest waits usually. We will definitely do this again if we have the chance. We loved the empty feeling, the short lines, and all the treats we could eat.

@rosysubmarine
Is your DH in the sub service?
No DH (unless maybe Captain Nemo counts? :laughing:) and I'm not in the sub service, I just really like submarines. I actually blame the old 20k Leagues ride! I love the Nautilus so much, and it kind of stemmed from there...

Meeting my friend today to get ready to travel! Headed down to Florida first thing in the morning! See you all on the 8th!

We were lucky enough to be able to go on 3/1. We received our lanyards a little after 6, had dinner at Casey's, then went on Jungle Cruise with a FP. We then got a FP for Haunted Mansion. After Haunted Mansion, we saw Country Bear Jamboree, then went over to People Mover.

Around 8:50, Space Mountain allowed us in the FP line with our lanyards, so we rode that. When we got off, we rode Buzz with no wait. Then we got our first treats/drinks in Tomorrowland.

Then we rode 7DMT 2 times. The line is deceiving here, as it looked long, and the line said 25 minutes. It never took us more than 10 minutes to get through the line.

We then headed to Frontierland and got some treats in Liberty Square on the way. Then we rode BTMRR 2 times. On our way back to Fantasyland, we stopped by the treat cart again in Liberty Square (this was the one with the least amount of people all night).

Then we got back on 7DMT 2 times. Again, the line looked long, and the CM at the front told us we would wait for 25 minutes. We waited less than 10 minutes each time.

Finally, we went back to Tomorrowland, rode Buzz twice, and finished with Space Mountain one more time before getting more treats in Tomorrowland.

We left around 11:40 after we got a picture on Main Street, as we were tired, and we felt we did everything we wanted to do. We skipped a lot of the smaller rides because we had done them already and wanted to hit our favorites and the ones with the longest waits usually. We will definitely do this again if we have the chance. We loved the empty feeling, the short lines, and all the treats we could eat.

Thanks for the report @disneylovinglawyer, and :welcome: to the DIS!

Okay we are finally home with nasty weather and I’m ready to write my review! Here’s what we did:
  • Let into park at 5:30 through normal entrance (I don’t suggest doing this unless you want to chance losing a normal ticket and have to get that back)
  • Jungle cruise FP
  • Splash mountain FP
  • Country bear jamboree
  • Haunted mansion FP
  • Thunder mountain x4 (let us through FP line starting at 7:30 and got to watch fireworks during)
  • Denied FP line at splash but walked on in 5 min anyway. Got completely soaked and regretted it lol
  • At 8:45 did Aladdin in FP line with lanyard
  • Buzz lightyear FP line with lanyard
  • Space at 9:05 with 5 min wait
  • Space x2 (thank you so much to whomever gave the tip about following the red/green line to get back on the ride, when I asked a cm she said we couldn’t do that so we found the line ourselves and walked back lol)
  • First snack break-we got popcorn, pop, ice cream sandwiches and mickey ice cream bars, the snack line was VERY fast and we barely waited at all
  • Tomorrowland speedway 10 min wait
  • Walked on teacups
  • Dumbo walk on
  • Barnstormer x2-didn’t have to get off
  • Mine train 10 min wait
  • Got more ice cream and pop-the Olaf bar is absolutely delicious
  • Winnie the Pooh walk on (had to scarf down ice cream before getting on)
  • Peter Pan 10 min wait (we liked the wait because we had never seen the que before)
  • It’s a small world walk on
  • Met tiana, rapunzel, Cinderella, and Elena with hardly any wait
  • Took pictures in front of the castle which turned out great!!
  • Final snack stop for popcorn, pop, and ice cream at 11:40 ish?
Our niece was basically dragging by this point so we were done and we had basically done everything by that point anyway. I would 100% do this again if they keep the crowd level the same. It only felt busy in fantasyland and even then so much better than our Saturday in mk.

I would not advise doing rd anywhere the next morning. We got 4 hours of sleep and just about died at ak the next day. We had to leave ak by 3 and that was even with a rest/nap before dah.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• MK_PARTRIGHT_20180302_409814682350.jpg
    MK_PARTRIGHT_20180302_409814682350.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180301_232948.jpg
    20180301_232948.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Okay we are finally home with nasty weather and I’m ready to write my review! Here’s what we did:
  • Let into park at 5:30 through normal entrance (I don’t suggest doing this unless you want to chance losing a normal ticket and have to get that back)
  • Jungle cruise FP
  • Splash mountain FP
  • Country bear jamboree
  • Haunted mansion FP
  • Thunder mountain x4 (let us through FP line starting at 7:30 and got to watch fireworks during)
  • Denied FP line at splash but walked on in 5 min anyway. Got completely soaked and regretted it lol
  • At 8:45 did Aladdin in FP line with lanyard
  • Buzz lightyear FP line with lanyard
  • Space at 9:05 with 5 min wait
  • Space x2 (thank you so much to whomever gave the tip about following the red/green line to get back on the ride, when I asked a cm she said we couldn’t do that so we found the line ourselves and walked back lol)
  • First snack break-we got popcorn, pop, ice cream sandwiches and mickey ice cream bars, the snack line was VERY fast and we barely waited at all
  • Tomorrowland speedway 10 min wait
  • Walked on teacups
  • Dumbo walk on
  • Barnstormer x2-didn’t have to get off
  • Mine train 10 min wait
  • Got more ice cream and pop-the Olaf bar is absolutely delicious
  • Winnie the Pooh walk on (had to scarf down ice cream before getting on)
  • Peter Pan 10 min wait (we liked the wait because we had never seen the que before)
  • It’s a small world walk on
  • Met tiana, rapunzel, Cinderella, and Elena with hardly any wait
  • Took pictures in front of the castle which turned out great!!
  • Final snack stop for popcorn, pop, and ice cream at 11:40 ish?
Our niece was basically dragging by this point so we were done and we had basically done everything by that point anyway. I would 100% do this again if they keep the crowd level the same. It only felt busy in fantasyland and even then so much better than our Saturday in mk.

I would not advise doing rd anywhere the next morning. We got 4 hours of sleep and just about died at ak the next day. We had to leave ak by 3 and that was even with a rest/nap before dah.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Nice pictures! I'm hoping for pleasant weather Thursday night

Please help - advice needed! I’ll be leaving the park at midnight on March 8, but will need to get to my car at TTC to drive back to offsite hotel. Is this safe? In other words, does anyone else actually drive to DAH?

There were plenty of people on the ferry and the tram to the parking lot after the 3/15 DAH. It was easy to find my car though (I was by myself also)!

Dates

2018 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: September 14, 2017
2018-dah-details-png.305922

2017 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: December 8, 2016

Friday, January 20, 2017 (9PM - 12AM)
Friday, January 27, 2017 (9PM - 12AM)
Thursday, February 2, 2017 (8PM - 11PM)
Thursday, February 9, 2017 (8PM - 11PM)
Thursday, February 16, 2017 (8PM - 11PM)
Thursday, March 2, 2017 (9PM - 12AM)
Thursday, March 9, 2017 (9PM - 12AM)

2016 DAH Dates / Times
Tickets Went on Sale: March 23, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, April 21, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Thursday, April 28, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Thursday, May 5, 2016 (10PM - 1AM)
Sunday, May 8, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, May 12, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)
Thursday, May 19, 2016 (11PM - 2AM)

Looking ahead to 2019, assuming they still offer DAH, I am trying to figure out if they are likely to have a DAH night during our trip which is currently scheduled for arrival Saturday, January 26, 2019 and departing on Friday, February 1st. I see for 2017 and 2018 there were only two Friday events, both the last two Friday's of January. I am hoping that they follow the same pattern so there is one during the week I am there, but not on Friday, February 1st.

Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to which days of the week DAH is held on?

No DH (unless maybe Captain Nemo counts? :laughing:) and I'm not in the sub service, I just really like submarines. I actually blame the old 20k Leagues ride! I love the Nautilus so much, and it kind of stemmed from there...

Meeting my friend today to get ready to travel! Headed down to Florida first thing in the morning! See you all on the 8th!

We LIVE right across the bridge from the REAL NAUTILUS! And I assumed you personally we're never in the sub service since women weren't allowed aboard duns until 2011. But I LOVE your AVATAR!

Looking ahead to 2019, assuming they still offer DAH, I am trying to figure out if they are likely to have a DAH night during our trip which is currently scheduled for arrival Saturday, January 26, 2019 and departing on Friday, February 1st. I see for 2017 and 2018 there were only two Friday events, both the last two Friday's of January. I am hoping that they follow the same pattern so there is one during the week I am there, but not on Friday, February 1st.

Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to which days of the week DAH is held on?

Well, this year Tuesday Jan 30 had a DAH event. The most popular event with Dissers BTW. And it didn't sell out, so it was a great night to be there. Looking at next year, that might mean one on Jan 29th. But who knows!

The ‘pattern’ (to the extent there is one) would seem to indicate that either the Tuesday or Thursday of your trip could have a DAH date.... but that is a BIG guess on my part!!! :-)

Here is what I took away from my 3/1 DAH event as compared to my 1/30 DAH event.

Disney has got their act together in getting non event goers out of the park quickly after park official close. This did not happen on 1/30. They had MULTIPLE cast members that typically help navigate people for fireworks not letting people back into the land areas from the castle area after the fireworks were over. Anyone without a lanyard was told to go to the front. I seen this first hand as they had no fewer than 2 castmembers on each pathway back into the ride areas sending people towards the front. Although this event was sold out and the 1/30 event was not, this one felt less crowded earlier on. On 1/30 I seen them turning people away at rides but nothing else.

Like others reported, everything was walk on/stay on aside from 7DMT and Peter Pan. Cart services were quick. Lantern photos were available as late as 11:45 from when we left the area.

I did notice that the park in general seemed less crowded than the end of Jan. event prior to park closing. BTMRR was basically walk on around 7:45 as was Splash. I think my crew did BTMRR 2x and Splash 2X in a period of 30 minutes or so.

We were on the last ferry ride of the night around 12:45 after Meeting Mickey at 12:25 and there was still a photographer taking empty castle pictures at 12:35.

Both events were great but I can see the benefit of going in the later dates as it allows time to "work the kinks out" of how to operate the event smoothly. Regardless I feel it is worth the price of admission and a must do for anyone who finds themselves in the area while the event is going on.

If tickets were still available for Thursday, my family and I would probably make a third trip and we are AP that go typically once a month. This event is that good.....at least to us.

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_409814884622.JPG
    PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_409814884622.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thank you Thomas! My DH hasn't been in years bec he doesn't like crowded parks so I have/had a lot of worries that he won't enjoy the event. I've been telling him it's low crowds, walk on rides or little wait, and free ice cream. He only agreed because the event falls on my 60th birthday. Otherwise, he wouldn't do it. This gives me hope that he will actually enjoy the event. I'm a seasoned park go-er and love going. Here's to Thursday night! The weather is showing 50ish during event hours.

Did you go in early? Lanyard at the front gates? Did HEA seem crowded? My first time seeing it.

Thanks for your helpful review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter