OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

What kind of food kiosks are those? I mean, are there that many in the path that they can't be moved to accommodate PTN? I am hoping this means WOC is back.

What kind of food kiosks are those? I mean, are there that many in the path that they can't be moved to accommodate PTN? I am hoping this means WOC is back.
As I recall from last year the kiosks are fairly substantial. They're not like a little one-man food cart on wheels, they're closer to the size of a food truck (big enough to have about 4 people inside in a mini-kitchen preparing the food). I don't remember them having wheels, though they might have been concealed. So I'm not sure it would be practical to move them on a nightly basis.

I was thinking they could cut down on the number of booths a bit and put them back in that walkway near GSS, but that would be a less-central location and maybe it's not wide enough to accommodate both the kiosks and the lines that form in front of them. Personally I'll take the festival over the parade, but I know some people would disagree with me there.

So upset PTN won’t be continuing through the holiday season. They didn’t even mention WOC in the parks blog post so they aren’t promising it will be back. I think it will be unlikely to expect to see it again in 2018 now. Just trying not to get my hopes up!

They could at least run Christmas Fantasy during the evenings now or even being PTN back to DL if spacing was an issue.

I'm so bummed about PTN not being there for Thanksgiving week. Ugh. We have been really looking forward to seeing that. Does anyone know when any fireworks packages or show packages will be available to book? We were looking at doing Fantasmic package and Paint the Night package.... so I'm curious which ones, if any will be available for Thanksgiving week.

I'm so bummed about PTN not being there for Thanksgiving week. Ugh. We have been really looking forward to seeing that. Does anyone know when any fireworks packages or show packages will be available to book? We were looking at doing Fantasmic package and Paint the Night package.... so I'm curious which ones, if any will be available for Thanksgiving week.

Fantasmic should run that weekend. But no one knows, including the dinning line, when the packages are going to open!

Super boo. :charac2:
HAH! That definitely sums up my feelings.
They don't do fireworks packages.

Made my ADR for our arrival day! 60 days and counting :jumping1:

Does anyone know if they do anything special for birthdays at Goofy’s? Can we get a birthday button there?

Does anyone know if they do anything special for birthdays at Goofy’s? Can we get a birthday button there?
You can call Disney Dining to order a custom cake to be delivered to GK. There is a custom cake thread on this forum -- the recent posts have photos of what other people have ordered.

What kind of food kiosks are those? I mean, are there that many in the path that they can't be moved to accommodate PTN?..

As I recall from last year the kiosks are fairly substantial. They're not like a little one-man food cart on wheels, they're closer to the size of a food truck (big enough to have about 4 people inside in a mini-kitchen preparing the food). I don't remember them having wheels, though they might have been concealed. So I'm not sure it would be practical to move them on a nightly basis...

The food kiosks are substantial and large enough (yes, room enough for a small food prep area, refrigerator/s, and about 4 CMs) that they require a construction permit with the city for set up and removal. So once they are in place, they won't be going anywhere until the festival is over.

Last edited:

Me too! Can't wait!!
My daughter got a cupcake and a pin at Goofy's for her birthday.

I just reserved the plaza inn parade package for the latest time of 415. If it’s at dark I’m more interested. I’m not really sure about the food but I suppose better to reserve it now and cancel later.
I’m planning to book it as well. I figure I’ll book it and wait for the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter