******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the first time we went on the free dining. We stayed at a value resort, we got the "regular dining plan" for free. It included Tip and appetizers at each table service. And, some of the signatures like LeCell. were included for 1 credit.

Same here, we first did FD in 2007 and loved that it included appetizers and desserts.

Does anyone remember if there was a significant amount of FD rooms released after the first day, last year? Anything for value? This promotion goes through July 7th.

Initially we were booked at POP before FD was released and when I went online at 6 am there was nothing left for our week, Sept 25-30, so booked ASMu. We didn't really want AS so I kept checking for POP daily and also checked CBR. One day CBR popped up for a standard room however POP never became available for our week and we wanted POP since that is our home resort. I'm glad we went to CBR as we got lucky to be upgraded to AKL because they overbooked but POP was definitely missed.

Initially we were booked at POP before FD was released and when I went online at 6 am there was nothing left for our week, Sept 25-30, so booked ASMu. We didn't really want AS so I kept checking for POP daily and also checked CBR. One day CBR popped up for a standard room however POP never became available for our week and we wanted POP since that is our home resort. I'm glad we went to CBR as we got lucky to be upgraded to AKL because they overbooked but POP was definitely missed.

That's interesting because I booked pop for our dates in September (22nd-30th) at about 7:30am the day of release. However I had really wanted an extra day (21st). Kept checking and a few days after I was able to get it.

Anyone notice it seems they are working on the FD offer?
Hopeing they add more room availability!

I have 5 FD rooms at POP for 11/18-11/24. I need 2 more rooms. We are a family with 26. Here's my concern. I could be patient and wait to see if 2 more rooms open up. But I will still book 2 more rooms without the FD, because we all want to be at the same resort. Maybe, I should book those 2 now because the resort could fill up because that is the week of Thanksgiving. I could modify. Your thoughts. I've never been during Thanksgiving.

I have 5 FD rooms at POP for 11/18-11/24. I need 2 more rooms. We are a family with 26. Here's my concern. I could be patient and wait to see if 2 more rooms open up. But I will still book 2 more rooms without the FD, because we all want to be at the same resort. Maybe, I should book those 2 now because the resort could fill up because that is the week of Thanksgiving. I could modify. Your thoughts. I've never been during Thanksgiving.
Personally, I'd book the rooms. You are not going to find 7 FD rooms open up thanksgiving week most likely.

I'd book now and keep checking. Hope you get them! Good luck! :goodvibes

About to cancel a Standard View CSR w/FD Dec. 12-26 in case anyone is looking or is interested. :-)

I would book without FD and see if 2 more open up. But just so you do not get sold out and have to split the party up I would book those 2 now. Remember you will have a lot of credits. You could share some. (I read somewhere someone said they did.)

I would book without FD and see if 2 more open up. But just so you do not get sold out and have to split the party up I would book those 2 now. Remember you will have a lot of credits. You could share some. (I read somewhere someone said they did.)
So you have the main person on the FD always scan their band to apply the credits, don't let someone in a room without FD scan obviously it won't work. Another way to ensure you have plenty of credits would be to upgrade 1-2 of those reservations to the deluxe plan 3 credits per person per night good for TS or QS. You can also call and ask them to modify your package to FD, just because it shows no availability online they are still capable of changing it for you. Be super nice to the CM!!!!!

Anyone know why Pop is available for FD (Visa) Aug 15-20 but not the 16-20? Can I book the 15-20 and then drop a day or would I lose FD?

Anyone know why Pop is available for FD (Visa) Aug 15-20 but not the 16-20? Can I book the 15-20 and then drop a day or would I lose FD?
You should be able to modify your reservation once made to include the actual dates you want.

I booked a shorter reservation than I wanted and was subsequently able to modify and add a few days.

That's interesting because I booked pop for our dates in September (22nd-30th) at about 7:30am the day of release. However I had really wanted an extra day (21st). Kept checking and a few days after I was able to get it.

Yeah I see that all the time as well however I think it depends on the number of days, unfortunately we could not add days to our trip and that made it difficult.

I am having the same problem with the reservation I made for friends traveling with us. I had to book Nov 16 - Nov 25. They wanted Nov 17 - Nov 25, but there was no availability even at 4:35 on drop day. I booked the extra day just to guarantee them a reservation, but have not been able to drop the extra day as of yet.

I am having the same problem with the reservation I made for friends traveling with us. I had to book Nov 16 - Nov 25. They wanted Nov 17 - Nov 25, but there was no availability even at 4:35 on drop day. I booked the extra day just to guarantee them a reservation, but have not been able to drop the extra day as of yet.

Are you trying to modify it online or have you called? I had to make a reservation with 3 extra days that I didn't want just to get something. I couldn't modify online but I called and they were able to take off the extra days. The CM I spoke with couldn't do it but sent a request to customer service and within 24 hours the changes were made.

Oh good idea to upgrade one of the rooms to deluxe I did not even think about that.

If upgrading one of the rooms to deluxe, make sure you have as many children in that room as you can with one adult. Eg 1 adult and 4 kids under 10.

That way your cost to upgrade to deluxe is cheaper as children cost less on the dining plan, but the credits are the same, so an adult can use the credits assigned to the kids.

Does that make sense?

A standard room finally opened up at the Poly this morning for our dates - September 9-16th! It does pay to check the free dining offer daily. We started off booked into a royal room at POR, but missed free dining on it, so we changed to a pool view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That was fine, but I really wanted to be on the monorail line. I am so excited to get what I finally wanted with free dining.

A standard room finally opened up at the Poly this morning for our dates - September 9-16th! It does pay to check the free dining offer daily. We started off booked into a royal room at POR, but missed free dining on it, so we changed to a pool view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That was fine, but I really wanted to be on the monorail line. I am so excited to get what I finally wanted with free dining.

This gives me a glimmer of hope. Just need one more day at the start of my vacation so I keep checking every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter