******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I wouldn't want to be bouncing all over the place for food right before, leaves to much for delays and rushing, but that's just me and my experience. We just started eating at Cosmic Ray's for first time last year and it wasn't that bad? Better than McDonald's and nothing special, but I've had worst food? Personally, and I was in the minority in my own family, but I thought the Taco Burger especially with the toppings bar at Pecos was delicious. It looked disgusting, and prob a good thing I ate in the dark, but it tasted great (we're foodies too if that makes a difference).
We like those two places as QS during MK and Party nights bc we can get food there to-go and hold a spot for a parade/fireworks while we eat (usually we grab a spot and then DW or I go grab food for family). You just have to be willing to eat picnic style. It works out great for us bc it kills two birds with one stone and not wasting park or party time eating since we're doing what we would be doing anyway.

Unless that one poster was able to prove food poisoning I would be suspicious of it. I work in the ER and we get ppl all the time claiming food poisoning when it's really just a quick stomach bug. With only some (majority of party) getting it and it being from two different places, it's more likely to be a quick stomach bug. Not trying to say poster was wrong bc I could very well be the wrong one, but that's my experience with these things :)

It was definitely food poisoning!! I know the symptoms as I've had it before. Only the people that had certain foods got ill, and two others in our party did not get sick. I'm just saying be careful of those places. It can happen so easily.

It was definitely food poisoning!! I know the symptoms as I've had it before. Only the people that had certain foods got ill, and two others in our party did not get sick. I'm just saying be careful of those places. It can happen so easily.

It can. But o think it can happen anywhere. We've had like 6 different restaurants named in the last 10 pages. I'm guessing if we polled 1000 people we might eliminate most restaurants in WDW.

Friends who also follow Disney Tourist Blog, on Tom's Free Dining Page, someone named Hector said his TA already got some info about something landing tomorrow. Tom and another person advised him TA's usually don't get such notices and to beware. Hector said his TA was authorized with Disney but not US. Tom's checking it out. Thoughts? http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/#comments

Is it bad that I think I'm going to miss all this once the offer lands? lol

So after a crazy amount of math and possibilities, it seems like for us, it might be a wash to do free dining vs a RO discount if one is available. I also don't have high hopes for D since we are only staying 3 nights for this quickie December trip. Here is my question for you - it works out to be very similar in price to stay in 2 rooms at Pop or a cabin at FW. There are 4 adults and 2 kids. What are your thoughts? I see pros and cons to each! Looking for help deciding!
I loved the cabins it had a full kitchen was close to MK which is a boat ride to MK which I loved. I have stayed there twice now. Would love to be able to stay this time but our budget is set and that would put us over.

Disney Visa peeps....how do you confirm you're set up to receive email notifications of special offers? I called Visa to find out, and was told you go to Disneyrewards.com, click "manage my account" and then "Receive emails about special offers" and sign up. Which seems simple, but when I click that, it takes to me to Chase bank to enroll in online banking. Which I already am. And when I sign into my chase account, and view the Disney Visa info and options, I can't find a place to adjust my preferences on Disney Visa emails ANYWHERE. So I called Visa back, and after being on hold forever, was told to call Disney tech support. I did that, and they were super confused, saying Visa needs to help. I feel like this should not be so difficult and just want to confirm if there is a FD email about to go out, that I get it! Any tips?

I loved the character interaction and atmosphere at both Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, but the food was really bad. We have also had really bad food at San Angel Inn, but we really enjoyed La Hacienda de San Angel.

Our best Character experience began at CRT. MY DD was 5 at the time and loved Belle. She waited patiently during the entire breakfast for Belle. No Belle. We asked the CM if Belle was there, and we were informed that she was not at CRT but was in City Hall that morning. The CM left our table and returned with a special, handwritten FP to see the Princesses at City Hall. When we arrived at the princess meet, we were ushered directly into the meet and greet room. Apparently they had just changed princesses, and we were the only family in the room. Belle spent a long time talking to DD and introduced DD to the other princesses by name before they allowed anyone else in the room. It was magical. It made our DD feel like the most special person in the park.

Last edited:
You can tip using GC??? I had no idea!!!
Most definitely. I always put the tip on the Magic Band & then go by the resort front desk and pay with gift cards or my Disney Visa Reward card. I read somewhere once that someone gave a gift card to a server to pay a tip & later found they had drained the card, so now I just charge to the room.

Hmmm...I have the FD BB booked from last year and am Canadian. I hadn't thought of calling Disney to see if they would let me change the tickets to the discounted Canadian tickets. Probably worth a call. All they can say is no....which is what I expect the answer will be.

Can't call from work but will try this from home tonight and report back.

I have a BB and called about changing Tix to Canadian and they said No

Disney Visa peeps....how do you confirm you're set up to receive email notifications of special offers? I called Visa to find out, and was told you go to Disneyrewards.com, click "manage my account" and then "Receive emails about special offers" and sign up. Which seems simple, but when I click that, it takes to me to Chase bank to enroll in online banking. Which I already am. And when I sign into my chase account, and view the Disney Visa info and options, I can't find a place to adjust my preferences on Disney Visa emails ANYWHERE. So I called Visa back, and after being on hold forever, was told to call Disney tech support. I did that, and they were super confused, saying Visa needs to help. I feel like this should not be so difficult and just want to confirm if there is a FD email about to go out, that I get it! Any tips?
I had the very same experience except that I did call visa back and they told me that was a Disney thing. :sad:
I gave up and decided to wait until someone here gives me an update.

Just wanted to say HI.. Been stalking this thread for a week or so.. We are currently booked at CBR Nov.12-26.. Hoping FD works out for us.. split stay or take first 2 days off.. We have 3 rooms booked. My husband, me and our 4 kids (DS12,DD turning 8 while there,DS6 and DS4) in 2 rooms hopefully adjoining.. my mom,her bf and my brother in another room. We are so excited. I can't wait for the dining to just drop already so we can get to the fun parts of planning like booking our reservations. We love doing character dining. planning on celebrating DD birthday in the castle. SOOOO EXCITED

Just wanted to say HI.. Been stalking this thread for a week or so.. We are currently booked at CBR Nov.12-26.. Hoping FD works out for us.. split stay or take first 2 days off.. We have 3 rooms booked. My husband, me and our 4 kids (DS12,DD turning 8 while there,DS6 and DS4) in 2 rooms hopefully adjoining.. my mom,her bf and my brother in another room. We are so excited. I can't wait for the dining to just drop already so we can get to the fun parts of planning like booking our reservations. We love doing character dining. planning on celebrating DD birthday in the castle. SOOOO EXCITED
:welcome:

Here's one:

What is your least favorite TS?

Hands down...Garden Grill, which we got after a reservation change toward the end of our trip...and after following up after the likes of Tusker House, Narcoosse's, CRT, etc...very disappointing. Long wait even with ADR and bland mediocre food. Meeting Chip and Dale was nice but not worth it.
Yes! Garden Grill was yuck! The beef tasted like they smoked it in Rome burning on spaceship earth! Lol ewwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter