******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 4 night/5 day at Yacht Club on 8/16. If this falls under a potential Free Dining date, can this be added to our reservation? We booked under a 30% off promo code.

You can only choose one promo - youll have to decide which saves you more and modify your reservation if you want to try and switch to FD.

Just copied this from a comment on Disneytouristblog's Free Dining article. It was dated this morning. Are we thinking this is reliable? Any TAs around to confirm or deny?

"Just got an email from my travel agent confirming that they got communication from Disney where it states that FD will be released next Monday 24th. They already have the dates of the promo.
It is worth mentioning that it is an official travel agent from Disney."

I'm a TA and I can tell you I've never received any notification ahead of time for any Disney discount. As long as I'm on the ball I can find out as soon as it drops, but so can anyone else who is paying attention like all the folks on this board. Disney doesn't have TAs employed by them.

This is just my opinion, but it's possible there is a TA somewhere who is saying this to try to get leads. If it drops as rumored, they may be able to help some folks get the deal, but I don't believe they received any official word from Disney. It is nice that the date they are mentioning agrees with the rumor.

I trust Black's info more than I would trust a TA saying they got a heads up from Disney. Whatever Black's sources are he seems to always be darn near spot on everytime with his info year after year. I'm following along here just like everyone to try to be ready for it. :earsboy:

Just hope everyone remembers, if anything unexpected happens and the info we are hoping is true turns out to not be what drops, don't get angry at any of the people who have posted the rumors. They are trying to help everyone as much as possible, but no matter what they say nothing is 100% for sure until the deal is actually available. I know most everyone here would stay civil, but I also remember when a couple folks got really aggressive on here back when one of the years things didn't go the way everyone was thinking. It was ugly, and it made the people who try to help question why they bother trying to help.

In all the excitement, please remember that you're doing all of this to go to the Happiest Place on Earth, so let's not get take the Highway to Hell to get there.

Sorry, know most of you don't need to hear this, but everyone is so anxious waiting. I get nervous every year about things getting nasty again. It was really sad. Getting off my soapbox now. Good luck everyone.

I know this post was from a few hours ago, but I don't think anyone pointed this out to you. With 17 people, 3 of whom are under three, you would still need THREE family suites as you would have 14 people counted in the rooms. Each family suite will accommodate 6 adults plus 1 child under 3. So 14 would not fit in 2 family suites. Also, if you have 6 people over 3 in the suite, you can only have 1 under 3. Max capacity is 6 + only ONE child under 3. Just wanted you to be aware of the room occupancy limits.

Thanks for your help! I have been to WDW several trips and I am OCD when it comes to planning..... This is the first time, however, I am planning a trip for this many people. I'm just trying to get the best value for everyone and I have never traveled with this many babies. ( I can't wait though because I am so looking forward to seeing there little faces when they interact with characters). Everyone only wants QS plan. I have decided to hang on to the 4 rooms that I already have booked at POP and just pray FD will be available for all rooms!

We are all flying, so offsite is not an option as we will not have a car. We are not interested in getting a rental car for the week.

Thank you all for all your helpful comments!

We have a 4 night/5 day at Yacht Club on 8/16. If this falls under a potential Free Dining date, can this be added to our reservation? We booked under a 30% off promo code.

No. You can only book free dining OR room only discount. To get free dining you have to pay rack rate.

For me personally, FW is just too far away. Also they are both rather different in style. I'm a POP fan myself. My 2 cents.
I don't think FW is far away...a boat ride from MK and the monorail resorts, walking distance to WL, can see fireworks from FW beach as well. Also cabin has a full kitchen, parking right next to it and a lot of activities. It can be difficult getting around the resort though, you have to take a bus to get around the resort.

I know this post was from a few hours ago, but I don't think anyone pointed this out to you. With 17 people, 3 of whom are under three, you would still need THREE family suites as you would have 14 people counted in the rooms. Each family suite will accommodate 6 adults plus 1 child under 3. So 14 would not fit in 2 family suites. Also, if you have 6 people over 3 in the suite, you can only have 1 under 3. Max capacity is 6 + only ONE child under 3. Just wanted you to be aware of the room occupancy limits.

Thanks for your help! I have been to WDW several trips and I am OCD when it comes to planning..... This is the first time, however, I am planning a trip for this many people. I'm just trying to get the best value for everyone and I have never traveled with this many babies. ( I can't wait though because I am so looking forward to seeing there little faces when they interact with characters). Everyone only wants QS plan. I have decided to hang on to the 4 rooms that I already have booked at POP and just pray FD will be available for all rooms!

We are all flying, so offsite is not an option as we will not have a car. We are not interested in getting a rental car for the week.

Alright I need some opinions...
My friend and I are taking a trip in September. Very excited as I have never been down there for Halloween or F&W and want to get the most out of it. Debating between QSDP and DDP. We already have an ADR for H&V for Minnie's Halloween dine, but the other TS meals we could do without if we had to. My only dilemma is if we get QSDP for free for our 4 night stay it would only cost us EACH $84 to upgrade to DDP and H&V would cost us around $65 including tax & tip each OOP. So essentially we're saving $20 by not upgrading, if we upgrade we would include a meal at Via Napoli and keep our ADR for character bfast at TH with ROL package. Do you all think we might as well upgrade to DDP considering the meals we could include for that price? Also, anyone have any info about Minnie's Halloween dine they'd like to share? Did you like it? Was it worth it to see the characters dressed up?
Yes, do the upgrade.

Yes!!! I did see your post, but it seems like later Mckys#1Fan again posted about the three kids so it sounded like they were still confused about the 6 per room. Plus, I think many people assume you can have an unlimited number of under 3's in a room...

and then per person - it is $21 per person per night so each person is $84 to upgrade - for all 4 people is it $336

right, but there's only 2 of us and we are paying our own way each. So what I'm saying is the cost to upgrade for each of us would probably be worth it considering the meals we would get out of it.

My friend and I are taking a trip in September. Very excited as I have never been down there for Halloween or F&W and want to get the most out of it. Debating between QSDP and DDP. We already have an ADR for H&V for Minnie's Halloween dine, but the other TS meals we could do without if we had to. My only dilemma is if we get QSDP for free for our 4 night stay it would only cost us EACH $84 to upgrade to DDP and H&V would cost us around $65 including tax & tip each OOP. So essentially we're saving $20 by not upgrading, if we upgrade we would include a meal at Via Napoli and keep our ADR for character bfast at TH with ROL package. Do you all think we might as well upgrade to DDP considering the meals we could include for that price? Also, anyone have any info about Minnie's Halloween dine they'd like to share? Did you like it? Was it worth it to see the characters dressed up?
Where are you getting the $ 84 per person to upgrade? It's $ 21 adults and $ 4 kids per person, per night to upgrade from QSDP to DDP.

which ever resort you choose you will need 4 reservations: RO 11/10-11/13 and FD 11/14 -11/19.

It's my understanding that as long as my travel dates are within the FD then I would get it for my whole trip so if FD is offered on the 12th but my check in is on the 10th I will still get it for those days.. no need for 2 reservations. If I did 2 reservations then I wouldn't get it for the 1st one.

We did the Christmas meal at H&V and loved it - food was good, characters were so fun.

However don't forget to include tips when you factor the upgrade cost...tips on the $$$ meals really add up. We've always upgraded to DDP because we love having a sit down meal, but stay value.

It's my understanding that as long as my travel dates are within the FD then I would get it for my whole trip so if FD is offered on the 12th but my check in is on the 10th I will still get it for those days.. no need for 2 reservations. If I did 2 reservations then I wouldn't get it for the 1st one.
I believe that you have to check in on a day free dining is offered in order to get it for your whole trip.

Your check in date has to be on a day FD is offered, so if you check in the 10th and FD doesn't start until the 12th, you will need 2. We did this last year. You don't automatically get the FD added just because it falls on some of your days. You have to book it using the promo.

It sounds complicated but it wasn't. We noted on check in that we had a split stay but didn't want to change rooms and it all worked out.

ETA - you won't get free dining for the days BEFORE the promo starts, at all. Not an option. So you'll have to book a room only reservation and then a free dining reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter