******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious because I've seen many people use that term but don't know what it means. - "home resort" I thought it referred to DVC but POP isn't in that right?

Correct POP is not DVC, I just refer it to my home resort since that is the only place I've stayed until last year as you can tell by my signature, lol. And last year I am glad that we booked CBR as we were upgraded to AKL Savannah view as they overbooked our category at CBR and only had pirate rooms left and they didn't want to put 2 adults in the pirate rooms.

I have an off topic question. I've been buying GCs from Sam's and adding the money to my Disney Vacation Account (trying to squeeze every possible penny). I just realized that if I wanted to cancel all together I probably couldn't actual get my money back. Would I just get GCs? I'm not planning to cancel but this does scare me.
From everything that I have read the refund is returned in the same payment that it was received from. So if you've been paying it by Disney gift cards that's how they'll refund it is on Disney gift cards.

Correct POP is not DVC, I just refer it to my home resort since that is the only place I've stayed until last year as you can tell by my signature, lol. And last year I am glad that we booked CBR as we were upgraded to AKL Savannah view as they overbooked our category at CBR and only had pirate rooms left and they didn't want to put 2 adults in the pirate rooms.

Cool that was what I assumed but didn't want to use it wrong. I've been in my phone so I never see sigs.

Bu

So if I arrive 8/24 and free dining starts 8/28 during final week of Aug I only FD for my days on 8/28 not 8/24

Not if you keep it as one booking. You have to check in on a date offering fd in order to get it for your whole stay.

You would have to break your booking into two parts. One before free dining and pay oop, and one for when fd starts to the end of the trip.

But you have to weigh it up financially as it may end up being more expensive to change your booking now compared to the prices you booked it originally.

You'll be fine to buy your park tickets for how ever many days your stay is for in order to secure fd, but you won't be able to fastpass the first few days when you're RO. Nothing to stop you using them in that time, but you won't be able to fastpass until you use it on the first day, or activate it in person via a Disney ticket booth.

Our state can't decide what to do. I don't really care when the kids start or when they get out I just wish we could not have so many days off. Let's start 9/1 or 8/1 but let's cut out all of the 3 and 4 day weekends and end the school year earlier. It'd be so much easier to find care if we only had full weeks off. With all of the 3 and 4 day weekends we get it is every bit of your vacation time just to cover those days out of school!
Im super excited about this law! Were either moving back to Maryland or NoVa and if we go to Maryland I get to keep my FD BB! Ahhh nothing like basing life decisions of off Disney FD! hahaha but on a side note I taught in MD for 10 years so I would be excited if we move back to not have to start teaching with kids until after labor day! (if I ever go back to work! haha good thing DH isn't on the DIS!)

Maryland just passed a law that schools can't start before labor day. That's how it was when I was a kid. It's nice because it allows for more family vacation time. Kids were getting out of school at the end of June and going back mid August.

Im super excited about this law! Were either moving back to Maryland or NoVa and if we go to Maryland I get to keep my FD BB! Ahhh nothing like basing life decisions of off Disney FD! hahaha but on a side note I taught in MD for 10 years so I would be excited if we move back to not have to start teaching with kids until after labor day! (if I ever go back to work! haha good thing DH isn't on the DIS!)

Just to give you an idea, last year I was online at 7am, wasn't aware of the 4am release, and tried to get POP for the week of Sept 25th and it was completely booked. I tried for CBR it was booked, I ended up booking ASMu. I kept checking for POP for a couple of weeks but it was not available but got lucky one morning that Standard view became available at CBR so I booked it. I kept checking for POP since that is our home resort and just could not get it. I have never had an issue getting POP for FD in the past. So yes it is important to constantly keep checking.

That makes me nervous! We definitely want POP if we decide to go. And we would need 3-4 rooms.

The people in this thread making multiple bookings trying to "ensure" they get FD need to watch this.
Is there a lot of that going on here? I haven't seen it mentioned at all. Admittedly though I have missed pages and pages of the thread.

Agree that it's an excellent FAQ for those with questions.

I just read on a TA facebook account that she's heard rumors that FD will drop the week after Easter. I hope that's not true! All speculation at this point I guess...
It would be a longer wait, but I'm off on the 24th so that would be very convenient for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter