• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

Then you add geocaching to the event. All runners get some coordinates, and you have to hunt for the characters. RunDisney seriously needs to hire me. These ideas are gold. GOLD.

I'm so in for this! Take my money!

And for the elites there could be a "suggested" course so they don't have to visit the characters as usual.

I am so ready for this race. I don't want to wait anymore. I need the extra month of training, but I'm just ready to go!

I'm anxiously checking the rD site everyday for any changes or information updates as I'm sure many of you are as well. I have a "training" race coming up this weekend to get some miles in and do it with other people! Kiss Me I'm Irish 17k! It should be a good test of where I'm at training-wise for SWDS 1/2. If anyone is in the Phoenix valley area, there's a few distances for these races and registration still open so you could jump in there with me! :)

I'm anxiously checking the rD site everyday for any changes or information updates as I'm sure many of you are as well. I have a "training" race coming up this weekend to get some miles in and do it with other people! Kiss Me I'm Irish 17k! It should be a good test of where I'm at training-wise for SWDS 1/2. If anyone is in the Phoenix valley area, there's a few distances for these races and registration still open so you could jump in there with me! :)

Thanks for the info...I'll look into it and maybe join you!

So I know some of us have talked about where we are eating the night before the race, but what about after? I typically don't feel like eating a big meal right after a long run, but am thinking I should splurge for dinner. Anyone else? Anyone planning to go to the parks the day of the race?
The wife and I have reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest (rock), and dinner looks like it will be the fireworks dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace (double rock)... Because we're grown ups and we do what we want! :tongue:

I'm starting to get excited about this one! Aw, who am I kidding... I've been excited since I signed up. :)

This will be my first coast-to-coast, which is one of the reasons I'm super excited. I keep having this (unfounded) fear that somehow Disney won't have a record of my completion of the light side half when I get there. Silly I'm sure, but I also have no idea what they use to track the coast-to-coast participation. Anyone know?

I'm starting to get excited about this one! Aw, who am I kidding... I've been excited since I signed up. :)

This will be my first coast-to-coast, which is one of the reasons I'm super excited. I keep having this (unfounded) fear that somehow Disney won't have a record of my completion of the light side half when I get there. Silly I'm sure, but I also have no idea what they use to track the coast-to-coast participation. Anyone know?
I believe it's your registration - we did coast to coast a few years ago and although we were a bit worried, didn't have a problem. You should get bands at your 2nd race. Just keep a record of your time (screenshots, etc) so if you don't you can get it fixed at the expo.

Had to do some catching up, but it was so so fun to read everyone's excitement this morning! Yay!

Ended up at the doctor on Tuesday - bronchitis. (Will the illness ever stop this winter?! Oy.) So I'm thinking of pushing back my runs and just doing some light cross-training until they heal up a bit more. Thank goodness this isn't me training for a 1/2. I don't think I could make it.

Hoping those of you dealing with injuries and illnesses are able to rest up and heal up soon! May the Force be with us.

Had to do some catching up, but it was so so fun to read everyone's excitement this morning! Yay!

Ended up at the doctor on Tuesday - bronchitis. (Will the illness ever stop this winter?! Oy.) So I'm thinking of pushing back my runs and just doing some light cross-training until they heal up a bit more. Thank goodness this isn't me training for a 1/2. I don't think I could make it.

Hoping those of you dealing with injuries and illnesses are able to rest up and heal up soon! May the Force be with us.
Get better! I think your plan is a smart one -- don't push it with bronchitis. That can turn toward pneumonia, which can really take you out of the game for a good while.

I had minor shoulder surgery and was initially told: "no worries! You can be back running before the week is out!" Not so much... took more like twice that and then some. :( As my sister always says: finishing is winning! We were hoping to really be in awesome shape for this one, and it hasn't quite worked out as well. We'll still do our best, and have an AWESOME time regardless!! Same good vibes to you and everyone dealing with some kind of health issue! :)

I just signed up for Rock n Roll Dallas half as my 12.5 mile practice run. I figured what's an extra .6 miles! I hope it goes well. I just want to finish by 3 1/2 hours. I did 11 miles last weekend. Sometimes I wonder what in the world I was thinking when I signed up for a challenge when I hadn't ever run farther than a 10K!

We bought tickets today for the Star Wars fireworks dessert party on the 17th. I wish I had read the review first. I thought there would be seating like at the Osborn Lights dessert party. Apparently, there will be tall tables and standing only.

I just signed up for Rock n Roll Dallas half as my 12.5 mile practice run. I figured what's an extra .6 miles! I hope it goes well. I just want to finish by 3 1/2 hours. I did 11 miles last weekend. Sometimes I wonder what in the world I was thinking when I signed up for a challenge when I hadn't ever run farther than a 10K!

We bought tickets today for the Star Wars fireworks dessert party on the 17th. I wish I had read the review first. I thought there would be seating like at the Osborn Lights dessert party. Apparently, there will be tall tables and standing only.
Nice and good luck on your pre-SW race!

I did the SW dessert party the night after marathon day (so the Monday after) and finishing the Dopey Challenge, so I was worried about the standing, too. But in retrospect, I think it was better to be standing up and moving around, collecting food & drinks, rather than sitting in a stationary position the whole time. Once the fireworks start, you barely notice you're standing, too. If you're interested, I posted a bit about the dessert party in my Dopey TR: part 1 and part 2.

Nice and good luck on your pre-SW race!

I did the SW dessert party the night after marathon day (so the Monday after) and finishing the Dopey Challenge, so I was worried about the standing, too. But in retrospect, I think it was better to be standing up and moving around, collecting food & drinks, rather than sitting in a stationary position the whole time. Once the fireworks start, you barely notice you're standing, too. If you're interested, I posted a bit about the dessert party in my Dopey TR: part 1 and part 2.

Thanks! I love the TR and the photos were amazing! I'm glad you mentioned the table placement. I thought there might be mention of better spots somewhere. Congrats on Dopey!

I want them to, because I would totally buy one, but I'm guessing no. For the Wine and Dine half the last couple years the only special event Dooney that was out was the Food and Wine festival one. I'm guessing the only special event one for us will be the Flower and Garden one. I'd be happy to be wrong, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter