Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it right now - does anyone have a link to the 2015 PHM Weekend Guide book? I'm looking to see the Expo Hours

ETA: Each person has to pick up their own bib, correct? We cannot pick up bibs for others?

Last edited:
Wow Ariel would be so fun! I'm impressed by the clear, good advice given by Run Disney for registration. I'm sure they want to avoid angry hordes that really want to get in, but don't.

OMG. They are totally hinting at an Ariel theme, right???

Seashells for the numbers...starfish on either side of "Registration Information"...

Don't let me down, runDisney!!!

I also thought Ariel as soon as I saw that! I hope we're right, she certainly deserves her own race weekend!

(Although it'll make me super sad that I won't be there because I love Ariel)

What's funny is I had just decided to run as Tinkerbell for the 10K, and Ariel for the Half. This works out perfectly! Maybe our race shirts will be green this year. :cool2:

ETA: Now that rD is sending out reminders and posting tips, my registration anxiety level has spiked. I'm so gladd I took a vacation day on Tuesday, otherwise I'd be a mess.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for Ariel themed! She's my favorite! And I have a costume pretty much ready to go from the 10K last year. I love it though so was hoping to reuse it. This would be perfect!

It must be Ariel. The numbers are on seashells and there are starfish on the banner!

I have a Garmin 220 and I love it. My DH uses MapMyRun app when I walk with him while I use my Garmin. MapMyRun is always .25-.30 miles different than what my Garmin shows. So if we walk 1 mile according to my Garmin the app tells him he went 1.25 miles. That is a huge difference! I tested it out last time I ran and the app told me I ran .53 miles more than my Garmin watch!

@Bree i have a 220 also! Love it!!

And I have heard that the phone GPS are always off - and that many people consider Garmin to be the gold standard for measuring running distances. Crazy just how off it really can be!

It must be Ariel. The numbers are on seashells and there are starfish on the banner!

I have a Garmin 220 and I love it. My DH uses MapMyRun app when I walk with him while I use my Garmin. MapMyRun is always .25-.30 miles different than what my Garmin shows. So if we walk 1 mile according to my Garmin the app tells him he went 1.25 miles. That is a huge difference! I tested it out last time I ran and the app told me I ran .53 miles more than my Garmin watch!

Hmm this makes me want to get a Garmin! I've always used map my run and I haven't had a hard time on race day thus far, but since this is my first "challenge" I'm going to want to be sure I am properly prepared! I also am thinking of switching to intervals. I've always just tried to straight run, but I've gotten slower over the last two years and I'm actually thinking run/walk intervals of like 1:30/30 or 2/.30 might improve my overall time. :confused3

Back to etiquette for a sec... I'd always heard 'walkers to the right, runners on the left'. Did I make that up or is it just different at Disney? Or maybe with all the interval runners you can't really separate it out that way. I really don't want to offend people on the course if I can help it.

Hmm this makes me want to get a Garmin! I've always used map my run and I haven't had a hard time on race day thus far, but since this is my first "challenge" I'm going to want to be sure I am properly prepared! I also am thinking of switching to intervals. I've always just tried to straight run, but I've gotten slower over the last two years and I'm actually thinking run/walk intervals of like 1:30/30 or 2/.30 might improve my overall time. :confused3

I used Mapmyrun for a very long time before I got my Garmin. I got it for xmas December 2014 then ran the Princess 10K two months later. I knew mapmyrun wasn't always accurate from other people in a running group I belong to. However, I really believe it's a good FREE tool to have if you don't use a watch. A running watch was just better for me because I like to see my pace and distance without having to carry anything. I don't like anything in my hands when I run and I use wireless earbuds because I can't stand the noise wires make slapping against me as I run LOL!!! I also like some of the other features like creating my own workouts which I believe you can do on mapmyrun as well.

Back to etiquette for a sec... I'd always heard 'walkers to the right, runners on the left'. Did I make that up or is it just different at Disney? Or maybe with all the interval runners you can't really separate it out that way. I really don't want to offend people on the course if I can help it.
Walk breaks to either side is sufficient, I think. When it comes time for me to take a walk break I'll put my hand up, look around to make sure no one is super close to me, and try to move over to the side. Then I start walking.

It can be hard at Disney just because there's so many people, and areas of the course get really narrow. If you're aware of people around you I think you'll be okay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter