• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only my first MNSSHP, but first trip to Disney next week.....I've read probably 90% of this thread, and can see you are all wonderful, helpful people, so I'm asking for help-does this sound reasonable? (We have 2 other days at MK, so not planning on any rides)

Arrive at 3:30-3:45 to get in at 4:00
Pirate's League appt at 4:30 for mermaid makeover (made the reservation 4 months ago)
Grab something to eat (Peco's Bills?) while in line to meet 7 Dwarfs
After Dwarfs, meet Cruella
10:15-watch HalloWishes
10:40-watch Villains spectacular
11:15-watch parade

Somewhere along the way, I am hoping to get 2-3 of the party magic shots.
We have no desire to get any special party merchandise or treats.
I was also trying to work in a meet & greet with the Aladdin/Jasmine/Jafar/Genie/Abu crew (whichever one/ones I happened to catch-know I can't get them all), but I don't think it's possible to fit in at all.

Any thoughts? Is this do-able? Thank you!

It really depends, even with my witches hat off a few kids were frightened by my green makeup. BUT! They were easily calmed down when i pulled up my sleeves to show it was makeup. I think you should be fine with ursula makeup, maybe lean more towards the broadway version makeup if your worried? It gets the look without the scare.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely lean more that way. :)

My Dad (who had two knee replacements last year) sat on a wall outside Diamond Horseshoe for the parade and it was perfect. Just room for 1-2 rows of people in front of him but we sat down in front of him and so others who came in joined in on that lead :) Get there to that location about 45 minutes or so ahead of the parade and let her sit down on that wall and you can even trick or treat the Liberty Boat area and Adventureland area while she rests .... as far as the Hallowishes, you can't see that from there. I think last year he just walked up towards the back of the Hub towards the start of the fireworks and stood for those and he was OK, but there are some benches around the Hub that you can try for too, just go there in advance of the fireworks. There is no need to crowd in up front close to the castle to see the fireworks.

And as far as makeup, don't worry about it - I'm sure you will look great! I'm disbounding as Ursula this year. And Happy Birthday!

Thanks, we will head there 45 minutes ahead of time if not sooner. She is fine with standing and walking, I just don't want to push her too much, so if I can find a place for her to sit for a while, that is ideal. :)

Not only my first MNSSHP, but first trip to Disney next week.....I've read probably 90% of this thread, and can see you are all wonderful, helpful people, so I'm asking for help-does this sound reasonable? (We have 2 other days at MK, so not planning on any rides)

Arrive at 3:30-3:45 to get in at 4:00
Pirate's League appt at 4:30 for mermaid makeover (made the reservation 4 months ago)
Grab something to eat (Peco's Bills?) while in line to meet 7 Dwarfs
After Dwarfs, meet Cruella
10:15-watch HalloWishes
10:40-watch Villains spectacular
11:15-watch parade

Somewhere along the way, I am hoping to get 2-3 of the party magic shots.
We have no desire to get any special party merchandise or treats.
I was also trying to work in a meet & greet with the Aladdin/Jasmine/Jafar/Genie/Abu crew (whichever one/ones I happened to catch-know I can't get them all), but I don't think it's possible to fit in at all.

Any thoughts? Is this do-able? Thank you!

Looks good and doable.

Oh cool! Hopefully I will see one in a day or so. I only sent 3 emails just to make sure (yes I am OCD :rolleyes1) I have gotten everything else done (hotel and tickets rebooked) and the HHN tickets refunded. This is all I am waiting on. I went ahead and bought new ones for the 30th.

Thanks for letting me know:thanks:

I called this afternoon and this is exactly what they told me. We were suppose to go Friday.

So I received the email about my refund being processed Sunday, and this morning the refund is in my account. Faster than I expected with all of the hurricane cancellations I'm sure you had to process!

I have been to the Halloween party many times and usually am pretty good at planning out my time. This year between my sister and my niece I'm not exactly sure how to handle what they both what to see. My original plan had been to watch the Hocus Pocus show from a location where we could also watch the early parade right after. What we didn't expect was my niece falling in love with Zootopia. How would we do if we watched the Hocus Pocus show and then moved down to Main Street to get a spot for the parade and to see the Zootopia Party Patrol? Would we find a spot on the curb for the two little ones?

Are we better off heading directly to Main Street to get seats for Zootopia Party Patrol and the parade and my sister can see the 9:15 Hocus Pocus show?

So I received the email about my refund being processed Sunday, and this morning the refund is in my account. Faster than I expected with all of the hurricane cancellations I'm sure you had to process!
When did you send your email to them? We have 10/6 and 10/7 tickets that we are waiting for refunds on and I sent emails 10/6 about both. I know they have a lot of them to process and trying to be patient, just scared maybe they didn't receive emails and trying to decide if I should call or give it a bit longer.

When did you send your email to them? We have 10/6 and 10/7 tickets that we are waiting for refunds on and I sent emails 10/6 about both. I know they have a lot of them to process and trying to be patient, just scared maybe they didn't receive emails and trying to decide if I should call or give it a bit longer.

On Oct. 5th I received an email from WDW about my Oct. 6th party being cancelled and it provided our options and how to email for the refund. I sent the email for the refund that night.

Sunday I received an email from WDW telling me my refund had been processed, but could take 7-10 days to "fully" process and may not show up on my statement for 1-2 billing cycles.

The money was in my account this morning.

Are there Fastpasses for meet and greet with the 7 Dwarfs (reportedly who start at around 6:30pm)?

No. There are no Fastpasses at all during party hours. Since the Dwarfs are officially a party M&G and not part of the normal day attractions (you cannot line up without a party wristband), there are no FPs offered for them during "day" hours.

Is celebrate the magic any different during the party? We saw it in February, and while we LOVED it, we could skip it to squeeze in some other party exclusive stuff if it's the exact same show we've already seen.

Is celebrate the magic any different during the party? We saw it in February, and while we LOVED it, we could skip it to squeeze in some other party exclusive stuff if it's the exact same show we've already seen.

It's not different from regular nights, but different from February. There's a "Fall" version to my understanding.

We saw it at the Oct 2nd party and it didn't look any different than the regular Celebrations show. I was surprised that they didn't add some Halloween stuff to it.

How long should I anticipate the bus will take for a trip from Caribbean Beach to MK on October 31 around 4:00?
We're spending the morning at MK, back to the hotel for rest, then back to MK for the party.

I sent two emails on the 6th (as we were driving back home) and another one on the 7th. I haven't heard anything yet either.

I sent two emails on the 6th (as we were driving back home) and another one on the 7th. I haven't heard anything yet either.
Well, this makes me feel a little better. I know they have a ton to get through, just kind of nerve wracking waiting to make sure and just not knowing that they for sure received the email. I will give it until the end of the month, and if no word by then, will contact by phone.

Well, this makes me feel a little better. I know they have a ton to get through, just kind of nerve wracking waiting to make sure and just not knowing that they for sure received the email. I will give it until the end of the month, and if no word by then, will contact by phone.
Trust me I know! You are talking to the lady that will shoot any of her "ducks" that get out of the row! I had loose ends that are not tied up. And you are right, they do have a ton of stuff to go through so I have to remember to breath. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter