"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you have to be in costume to enter at 4p? I'm wearing a black t-shirt with a spiderweb Minnie Mouse head on it. No costume for me. This is my first time!

NEWS

Finally, Disney is releasing party details. Some was mentioned yesterday, some 2 weeks ago. But I like when it's official.

Post #1 has been updated.

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
  • September 2nd – September 13th: There will be three shows nightly at 9:15pm,10:40pm and 12:00am
  • September 16th – September 30th: As in previous years there will be four shows nightly at 8:00pm, 9:15pm, 10:40pm and 12:00am.
  • Month of October: As we near Halloween, the show will continue to be offered four times nightly but the 8:00pm show will be changed to 7:45pm.
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 9:15pm, 9:55pm and 10:50pm.

Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade
  • During the month of September the parade will take place at 8:30pm and 11:15pm.
  • In October, the first showing shifts to 8:15pm.

Celebrate the Magic – 10:00pm

Happy Hallowishes Fireworks – 10:15pm
Sorry for the stupid question but what are the cadaver dans?

My dress for Belle has arrived and just putting together the final outfit for DBF as Gaston. We've opted for shorts instead of trousers, as I think he'll be a puddle after an hour otherwise.
So excited for our first party!!

Short question about food: I know everyone recommends eating before the party. However, we plan on being in the park at 4pm. Do people really eat before that and then have nothing all night? Or do you mean getting something quick in the park between 4-7?

My dress for Belle has arrived and just putting together the final outfit for DBF as Gaston. We've opted for shorts instead of trousers, as I think he'll be a puddle after an hour otherwise.

Short question about food: I know everyone recommends eating before the party. However, we plan on being in the park at 4pm. Do people really eat before that and then have nothing all night? Or do you mean getting something quick in the park between 4-7?
They mean eating before 7 pm. Then you aren't wasting "party" time to eat and you have a lot more options as much of the quick service places close at 7.

We typically grab a quick service meal in between FP+ times during the 4-7 time frame. Last year we went to Columbia Harbor House around 5:30/6:00 and ate upstairs. We were one of only two families up there, which was GREAT. We also used that bathroom (upstairs) to change into our costumes and had it to ourselves the whole time, but we had been at Epcot earlier in the day where we couldn't wear them. I don't schedule a Table Service meal during that time, only because they typically take longer and I like to use the 3 FP+. If DD wasn't such a scheduled eater (i.e. lunch is always between 11 and noon and dinner is always between 5-6 or she gets "hangry.") I would think about doing a late TS lunch (between 2 and 3) and then just having a snack in the park for dinner (one of the special snack/treats they do during the party).

My tickets arrived today! :hmghost: Earlier in the thread people where discussing ticket numbers and if that had anything to do with order of tickets sold. Did y'all ever figure anything out about that?

They're not "supposed" to, but this why I always bring my hard ticket and scan it to enter. I don't trust technology :)
Agreed. This is what I would do also.

Our parties are at the end of our trip this time, so we won't have any regular day tickets left and I won't have to worry about this.

I'm using a MNSSHP ticket for the first night at Disney. If I wear my bands will they scan them and use up one of my day passes?

They're not "supposed" to, but this why I always bring my hard ticket and scan it to enter. I don't trust technology :)

Agree with @Cluelyss - you could save yourself time and stress by just bringing your hard ticket. My brother and SIL attended their first MNSSHP last year and each had 2-day tickets. They went to the party on a Friday and planned to use their 2-day tickets for Saturday and Sunday. When they entered the party on Friday, one day of my SIL's 2-day tickets was used instead. They didn't find this out until they tried to enter Animal Kingdom on Sunday and my SIL didn't appear to have a valid ticket. They had to spend about an hour with Guest Services to correct the problem before they were able to enter the park.

Yes! That's exactly what it means, eat a solid meal before going in at 4pm then if you are hungry there are QS and awesome snacks you can munch on while waiting in lines.

One thing to point out out is that there is a Specific entrance just for MNSSHP. Go through that AND bring your original MNSSHP ticket what ever form; card, print out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter