"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am confused? Are you saying that if you have tickets for MNSSHP you can make FP+ for the party (like from 4 to 7pm) but you can also make FP+ at another park for the same day?? Like for the morning?
I wasn't saying that, no. I just had one other day that wasn't assigned yet, (hoppers) so the computer got confused and "assumed" I was using that ticket for the day of the party pre-4 pm.

And here's what the TOKENS look like

Food Allergy Info:

Guests with food allergies can get a special teal bag that will designate them as having an allergy (teal is the color that represents food allergy awareness). These bags can be picked up at Market Street, City Hall, Heritage House, Town Square Theater, or any of the trick or treat locations. At the trick or treat stations, these guests will get a teal token, which can be redeemed for allergy-friendly treats and non-food items at Heritage House and Town Square Theater. These are also the places to stop with any questions about the process.
upload_2016-9-7_0-25-26.png

City Hall will not be passing out allergy-friendly candy this year as they have done in the past.
Link:http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

Last edited:
I'm sure this has already been asked, but the only ticket we need to get into the MNSSHP is that ticket? It won't use a days ticket for it? Because I'm confused now.....

Yes you only need the MNSSHP ticket to enter for the party, it should be on your magic band and just be sure to use the correct entrance.
I recommend you bring your MNSSHP plastic card or voucher with you as well - just to be on the safe side. Weird things can happen to magic bands. But hey, that's your call.

Can someone tell me which is the best as far as crowds go for the party..... between Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday? We are there Oct. 15th for 8 nights and there are 3 parties to choose from? Thanks!!

When is the cheapest - that's when I'd go, seriously. There's a reason for that. :snail:

We plan on entering the park on our MNSSHP day as early as possible since we have FP for Jungle cruise 3:30-4:30. Will we get our wrist bands and treat bags when we enter at 4pm?

Yes and you'll have plenty of time to get to your FP+ too! Have a great trip!

I am totally with you! We were there on Friday night too and didn't meet any characters. I had high hopes of meeting Jack and Sally but knew the lines might be too long. I then thought we'd lower our expectations a little and made a bit of an attempt to meet Pooh and friends but, every time we went by, their line was long and they weren't even out. We have 2 small kids so that definitely limited our time at the party (we left after the fireworks) but I would say you need to stay late in order to accomplish much (or have a big enough group that you can split up).
I agree that you do sort of need to stay through the end of the party to get the most out of it. I might not even recommend the added expense to friends if I knew they couldn't make it until midnight. The trick or treat lines in the past have always died down after fireworks because so many families leave early. We normally don't even start getting candy until then. We aren't big on characters though. I think, IIRC, those lines stay long all night. DD has always loved meeting characters, but she (thankfully, because *I* am not into characters so much) has a 20 minute limit on waiting lol. If the line is longer than 20 minutes she isn't willing to wait.

The Pooh characters are SO cute in their costumes. We've only met them once over the years though.

bit the bullet and going to the party next Friday the 16th. So excited, we were able to get the CM discount from a friend that will be going with us. This is our favorite party of the year. Now to figure out if I want to Disney bound or just a halloween shirt will do

Ticket questions: if you order tickets to pick up at will-call, does that mean they have to be picked up at MK just before the party? Or would guest services in the hotel be able to give them to you? How much extra time should be allowed for pick up?

I know I can just print at home, but I like the idea of the plastic tickets as a memento. And since we'll most likely be going to the party before using any of our regular tickets, I want to avoid any chance of them accidentally taking a day off our regular tickets, which means not relying on the MBs. I know that can be fixed if necessary, but it's better to avoid problems in the first place.

Gary, print the vouchers, take them with you then stop by MK or even check your resort for the plastic, but definitely take it with you on party night. If there is an issue with your Magic Band it will take time to resolve, and that equals to your party time that you paid big $$ for. Most importantly go through the correct entrance.

I meant to post earlier but we just got back last night and it has been a busy 3 days. Poison apple steins were at Sleepy Hollow. Vampire Mickey and Zero buckets were in Fantasyland and Main Street carts, but Zero was sold out in Fantasyland by the time I got there at 10-10:30 but not sure if they sold out at Main Street. No Werther's this year.

View attachment 192696 View attachment 192697 View attachment 192698 View attachment 192699 View attachment 192700 View attachment 192701 View attachment 192704

Where is the poison apple? I like the popcorn bucket too!

I'm sure this has already been asked, but the only ticket we need to get into the MNSSHP is that ticket? It won't use a days ticket for it? Because I'm confused now.....

Correct if you enter at 4pm. You need a park ticket if you enter before. But line up early if you want to get in by 4pm. We were there at 3:55pm and didn't get in to almost 4:30pm

We plan on entering the park on our MNSSHP day as early as possible since we have FP for Jungle cruise 3:30-4:30. Will we get our wrist bands and treat bags when we enter at 4pm?

Yes you can get it then of after if it takes too long to get in. The area to get the bags is behind Main Street. There will be CMs holding signs showing you where to get the bags.

I am totally with you! We were there on Friday night too and didn't meet any characters. I had high hopes of meeting Jack and Sally but knew the lines might be too long. I then thought we'd lower our expectations a little and made a bit of an attempt to meet Pooh and friends but, every time we went by, their line was long and they weren't even out. We have 2 small kids so that definitely limited our time at the party (we left after the fireworks) but I would say you need to stay late in order to accomplish much (or have a big enough group that you can split up).

We arrived between 4 and 4:30, picked up our treat bags, DH took DS on one ride and then we went to eat. After that, it was 7 so we started trick or treating and the lines were crazy long. In one of the lines, one of the CMs was timing it and was not happy that it was taking 8 minutes for guests to get through. Around 8, we went to get a spot for the parade and did more trick or treating after the parade. We also got a picture in front of the Haunted Mansion (one of the magic shots) and then found a spot to watch Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes and then we left. It was fun but I think I was expecting to get more stuff done, despite our time limitations.

Anyway, we're a family of 4 and here's a picture of our haul. Note that this was taken tonight and so a bunch of candy was eaten between Friday and today.

I agree with you - we thought we would get more done earlier. We have older children so staying late was the key. We did everything from after the fireworks until closing. We met 3 characters, went on rides and did some photos after 10:15pm. We had fun though - we went to the dance party around 7:30pm and really enjoyed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter