"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Following! We'll be there Sept 12-24. Looking forward to MNSSHP at least one night and F&W (a first for us!!).

In the past years, what have some of you dressed up as? I'm really hoping they will lift the ban on adults dressing up. I want to put together a cute couple costume. Nothing over the top, just looking to have a bit of fun and join the festivities. I love Halloween!

Following! We'll be there Sept 12-24. Looking forward to MNSSHP at least one night and F&W (a first for us!!).

In the past years, what have some of you dressed up as? I'm really hoping they will lift the ban on adults dressing up. I want to put together a cute couple costume. Nothing over the top, just looking to have a bit of fun and join the festivities. I love Halloween!

Our family never agrees on a theme, so we each do our own thing. I've been villager Belle, Alice and Cruella. The Cruella is my favorite costume, but the version I have (which was a Disney park/store Europe version) has a cape that comes down to my knees or below, so that would be banned under the limited rules if those are in place for the party. DH, who is not really a costume guy, uses the superhero costume T-shirts and regular shorts. I know at least of couple of those T-shirts have capes attached and I think the capes hang below the waist so they are probably out too. DD has been different princesses, villager Belle, Young Maleficent (AJ movie version), and a Haunted Mansion Ghost host (easily done with the T-shirt and headband WDW sells and a black skirt). There are threads around that have lots of pics of peoples' MNSSHP costumes. We have seen tons of cute couples costumes at MNSSHP- some are Disney themed and some are not (I remember a really cute Gru and Lucy). Last year it seemed like Anger and Joy (inside out) were the common pair- we saw a TON of couples dressed as them.

Does anyone know what the price of a ticket was for last year? My sister is thinking of going when she's there in September but not sure on prices. Thanks :D

So happy to see this thread! We are taking the kids to WDW for the first time and it's also our first MNSSHP. We'll be there 10/15-24. I'm a little concerned after the cuts to last year's parties as well as the major crowd issues many reported, but I'm sure we'll still have a great time. I have been planning family costumes since before the new costume rules came out but I'm going to go ahead with them. Fortunately I chose something that I don't think has the potential to be blocked from entering the park.

Following! We decided to do a quick long weekend trip just to check out MNSSHP this year. We will be there Oct. 6-9, and thinking of doing party on the Thursday if possible. Assuming Thursday would be less crowded than Friday. We are excited! Our first MNSSHP and our first attempt at a long weekend trip.

You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-7 p.m. time period, before the party officially begins.

Is this really true??

Does anyone know what the price of a ticket was for last year? My sister is thinking of going when she's there in September but not sure on prices. Thanks :D

Last year the ticket prices were $74 or $79 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $69 or $74 for children (ages 3-9). Under 3 are free. The price depends on which party you attend. Friday night is the higher price, and some of the weekday parties are the lower price.

Is this really true??

Yes. You can make 3 FP+ reservations as long as the third is finished before 7pm. You are not restricted from making a FP reservation from before when you can enter the park at 4pm. Thus you can go 3:30 to 4:30, 4:45 to 5:45, and 5:55 to 6:55. You can not get a 6:30 to 7:30 FP, or even a 6:05 to 7:05.

Yes. You can make 3 FP+ reservations as long as the third is finished before 7pm. You are not restricted from making a FP reservation from before when you can enter the park at 4pm. Thus you can go 3:30 to 4:30, 4:45 to 5:45, and 5:55 to 6:55. You can not get a 6:30 to 7:30 FP, or even a 6:05 to 7:05.

Wow thanks! I had no clue! I thought we were just out of luck.

This will be our first party!!!! We got our girls' costumes last year the day after Halloween.

The wife and I have been twice. And she loves to dress up in costume. We're going again in Sept, but if she can't dress up we will most likely not attend this year. That really would be sad. So many liked to dress up. Can someone please confirm that "No costumes will be allowed" Thanks

foots

Last year the ticket prices were $74 or $79 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $69 or $74 for children (ages 3-9). Under 3 are free. The price depends on which party you attend. Friday night is the higher price, and some of the weekday parties are the lower price.

Great, thank you! :)

Count me in!!!

Thanks for carrying the thread on for 2016!

I've been to wdw many times, but this will be our first Mnsshp. So excited!!!! Can't wait to read all of the great advice here!

Hoping that the veterans are right and that the prelim Sept calendar will be modified to show that wishes will be held in non-party nights. I think we are going in September, but I can't imagine a trip without wishes!

I'll be going 10/31 in costume the same as last 2 years. Can't see them banning costumes on Halloween itself unless they want to take a paycut.
readytogo.jpg

As for costumes, theres differing opinions on rules, Cm's have told me as long as its not like a park character.

As for fp, yes 4 to 7 with party ticket.

I've only been to MNSSHP once, and while I currently have no plans to go again, I hope they don't prevent older teens and adults from wearing costumes. I dressed up as Snow White, and it's a silly thing, but it made me happy each time a CM called me "Snow" or "Princess". (I had on a cheap costume store dress-- nothing children could misconstrue as the 'real' Snow White.) I never had the princess-makeover-at-Disney-World experience as a child, so I truly enjoyed the opportunity to gently indulge in it for a day. I was hesitant when I left our room at Pop in my costume, but once we got to MK, I was so happy to be dressed up. My husband and I had so much fun running around collecting candy, me with my Nikes peeking beneath the hem of my Princess skirt. I felt young and light in that moment, and it wouldn't have been the same if I were in plain clothes. I hope trick-or-treating around the Magic Kingdom in costume continues to be open to people of all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter