Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Well, W&D just got a preview of their merch so it looks like we might get ours this time next week. I hope all of the shirts look great for ours - I was quite disappointed in the "I'm training for" shirts that were sold on the Disney Store website a few months back. I love how cute the W&D shirts look - hopefully ours will have the same kind of thought and effort put into them.

I'm surprised they did a Merch Preview for W&D when Disneyland Half didn't get one.... but that's okay because I like super heroes more than Disney characters running! I just need something with Hulk on it. Anything. :)

Oooh I hope we get merchandise previews! I'm actually going to be there early enough this trip to be at the expo at the first day and I'm sending my family off alone to the parks so I can take all the time I want. I love my Star Wars half jacket- I hope they have a good one available for avengers.

Regarding headphones- I wear them too. Just stay aware and alert and it's fine. Regarding water, I just want to send out my usual pre-race warning to everyone to pre-hydrate leading up to a race and don't Overhydrate during it without replacing electrolytes. I personally run with saltstick tablets and alternate them with my shot bloks because water, or even Powerade alone isn't enough for me to stay in balance (found that out the hard way wine and dine 2013). I don't bring water as I find their stations to be adequately spaces and I would probably overhydrate if I did anyway. If you can swing it, bringing a few pretzels or something salty to have towards the end of the race can help too in case you need it. Although it's really too late now to try out new strategies I just wanted to throw those things out there for anyone who may have had tough long runs ending feeling nauseated or dizzy. Sometimes it's not enough electrolytes and also sometimes it's getting too overheated. With the temps looking warm, I will not be pushing for a PR and have learned that even if I don't usually take walk breaks, I take them if I need to in order to keep my core temp down. That being said- it is California and temps there feel much cooler than temps in Florida or even where some of us train. So it should still be a pleasant race!

I'm so ready for the weekend. :) Nothing is packed and I have mounds of work to finish first but if I could hop on the plane and go tomorrow I would!!!!

I'm surprised they did a Merch Preview for W&D when Disneyland Half didn't get one.... but that's okay because I like super heroes more than Disney characters running! I just need something with Hulk on it. Anything. :)

The W&D expo opens today, so the preview was less than 24 hours. I thought the DL race weekend merch was posted the day before the expo opened too.

If we get previews for the merch I'll go at my lunch break and pick up my bib then. Actually I may just take an extended lunch and go pick up my bib to beat the traffic. Hmm....

Last year there was a great jacket that said "See you at the finishline" and when I got there at 5pm on the first day it was gone! :( I don't want that to happen again.

I just took a good look at the 10K course map and they don't actually cross the Esplanade until right before they go into DTD for the end! I think my new sign-holding strategy will be to be somewhere around Mile 4 out near Harbor and then cross the Esplanade after I see him, heading toward DTD and the finish line.

We are officially a week away from the start of the races!!!!! I am so excited!!! :banana::cool1:

We are leaving Wednesday afternoon as soon as DM and I get out of work. I am planning on being at the Expo early to have a choice of merch. I know it opens at 10am - would getting there at 7am be stupidly early? I have tried to plan based on how things looked at the DL Half expo but those of you who have been before, what would you suggest? Also, where do I go to get to the merch? Is the entrance in the building that Steakhouse 55 is a part of? Sorry for the newbie questions!

The Expo will start downstairs near the main entrance where the valet parking and luggage check is (I can't remember which tower this is, I've never stayed there). You really can't miss it, there will be huge banners, an entrance carpet and character stand-ups all over the place outside. Downstairs will be the bib pick-up, pre-ordered pins and other merchandise, and a couple pictures stops then you'll head upstairs to the Expo floor and the race shop. We usually get there around noon because there's always a huge line at opening, I imagine you will be in good company at 7am.

We are officially a week away from the start of the races!!!!! I am so excited!!! :banana::cool1:

We are leaving Wednesday afternoon as soon as DM and I get out of work. I am planning on being at the Expo early to have a choice of merch. I know it opens at 10am - would getting there at 7am be stupidly early? I have tried to plan based on how things looked at the DL Half expo but those of you who have been before, what would you suggest? Also, where do I go to get to the merch? Is the entrance in the building that Steakhouse 55 is a part of? Sorry for the newbie questions!

Well I don't think this will be near as insane as Tinkerbell; however I could be wrong. For Tinkerbell I lined up at 5:00. I can't make it til 4:00 Thursday so fingers crossed!

The Expo will start downstairs near the main entrance where the valet parking and luggage check is (I can't remember which tower this is, I've never stayed there). You really can't miss it, there will be huge banners, an entrance carpet and character stand-ups all over the place outside. Downstairs will be the bib pick-up, pre-ordered pins and other merchandise, and a couple pictures stops then you'll head upstairs to the Expo floor and the race shop. We usually get there around noon because there's always a huge line at opening, I imagine you will be in good company at 7am.

Thank you! So, the merch is upstairs? I should get that first before going downstairs to get my bib, right?

Do you (or anyone) know when they will start doing security screenings in the Esplanade? I am staying at CCI so will need to get across the resort either through the Esplanade or walking down Katella and up Disneyland Dr. Which would be the fastest option?

We've always followed the flow of traffic to bibs first, pick up pins, then free shirts for races, then to official merch, then to Expo booths. I'm not sure if you can get to the merch first?

I'm not sure if you can get to the merch first?

Yes you can! You don't have to be a participant to even get to the merch. Just head into the Disneyland Hotel ballroom and towards the gated-in area for the official merch. It's a big square with a long line.

You can then walk freely through the expo. Raw Threads will be there! :banana:

Does anyone remember how much the women's racerback shirts were last year? Trying to budget since I kind of want to buy everything! :) That Infinity Gauntlet racerback tank is at the top of my list right now...

Also, any idea how much the various headbands cost? I feel like last year they were around $12-$15 but I can't remember.

We leave on Wed and I am packing this weekend. The temps look between 55-85. We plan to do the parks for 4-5 days plus the 5k and half. Silly question- do people wear shorts in the parks in Nov? Or jeans and short sleeved? Mid eighties seems pretty warm for jeans during the day.

I know I am probably over stressing the park days, could someone take a look at our schedule and offer any suggestions? We will have hoppers.

Wed- arrive from Philly, DL starting around 3, dinner at Cafe Orleans, either 5 or 7:50

Thur- DCA, Wine Country Tratorria 5

Fri- 5k, nap, then DL

Sat- CA, maybe a beach in the afternoon?

Sun- half, then a few hours in a park, beach if we don't go on Sat (9 year old wants to put her toes in the Pacific), then hotel by SNA

And taxi or Uber from airport to hotel? We are staying at the Fairfield next to the park.

I went to BN to buy a Unofficial Guide to DL but they didn't have it- only WDW books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter