OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

Some great info regarding the Marathon weekend is on my blog today. A fellow blogger, Through Heather's Looking Glass, had a one on one with Faron Kelley at runDisney.

Might want to take a look!

And Minnie 10K pre-sales sold out this morning!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to decide if I need a new pair of running shoes. I ran a 1/2 yesterday and was having some pain/pressure on the pad of the ball of my foot after 6 miles. That was what put me into these shoes and out of my other shoes. I've run in them about 7 months. I'm just starting to journal so I'm not sure how many miles I have on them. Is it likely they are worn out?

Possible. I know my feet hurting are usually a good indication of my shoes needing to be replaced. Any idea of many miles you average a week?

Possible. I know my feet hurting are usually a good indication of my shoes needing to be replaced. Any idea of many miles you average a week?

I know it varied according to the where I am on the plan, but I have run 3 - 1/2 marathons in them and I'd guess 16 miles on an average every other week and 11 miles on the opposite weeks over the last 8 months. I guess it does add up.

They say 300-500 miles and it seems like you're at the upper end.

Thanks. :). I guess week upon week adds up faster than I thought. Maybe that is why when switching to a full marathon I've read journaling is so important. Thanks all for your help

do we have any idea what time registration will open tomorrow? i have a friend who is not DVC/AP/Disney Visa who wants to be sure to get her DH and kids into the 10k.

TIA!

I'm trying to decide if I need a new pair of running shoes. I ran a 1/2 yesterday and was having some pain/pressure on the pad of the ball of my foot after 6 miles. That was what put me into these shoes and out of my other shoes. I've run in them about 7 months. I'm just starting to journal so I'm not sure how many miles I have on them. Is it likely they are worn out?

Lots of different challenges may be present. Could be a change in your gait or broken down shoes? If something was bothering me I would head out to be fitted again. I had an unusual situation this year where I discovered I needed different shoes when running with DD in the BOB versus going out solo.

do we have any idea what time registration will open tomorrow? i have a friend who is not DVC/AP/Disney Visa who wants to be sure to get her DH and kids into the 10k.

TIA!

12pm GL!

TIA!
I think it said noon but I could be wrong. I would try earlier in the day though as it might open early.

I'm in for the Dopey and I'm SO excited! :hyper: I booked my plane tickets today, so just have the hotel res to figure out. We're thinking Polynesian!

We stayed at the Poly last year. It's a great resort for marathon weekend especially if you are in a longhouse by the TTC. The monorail is awesome for getting to the half and full in the morning. For the race it's location seemed to be the best of any of the monorail resorts. The only downside is that there is no hot tub at the Poly.

7 months for most long runners is time for a nee pair. Best to track your milage so you can learn what works for you with each specufic shoe. Also need to go by feel. Buy a new pair and run in them. If it still hurts it is not likely the shoe and put them awayfor a while. If it feels much better, question answered.

I think it said noon but I could be wrong. I would try earlier in the day though as it might open early.

Thanks! That's what I had told her based on when I registered with my Visa. But I also had thought the DVC had gone up a little earlier, so I told her to check earlier, just to be safe. (I know, I checked all morning long the day it went live for Disney Visa.)

Be part of the inaugural Run GKTW team for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend! Please go to givekidstheworld .org/ run to register!

Whether you’re running the Full or Half Marathon, you can make your miles matter by joining the Run GKTW team. By raising funds for Give Kids The World, you can help bring happiness and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses whose one wish is to visit Central Florida.

Your registration includes:
•Guaranteed race entry
•Three-night accommodations at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel
•One day, one-park WDW admission ticket
•Ground transportation to and from race events and Disney Resort Properties
•Friday evening team dinner hosted at Give Kids The World Village
•Team Under Armour© shirt
•Chance to compete for top fundraiser prizes, including an all-expenses paid trip to Orlando for the 2015 marathon
…and more!

We hope you will consider joining the Run GKTW team. Thank you for your support!

Wish I had seen the GKTW info earlier. I think a lot of us already registered for the races.

Did everyone see that link on the Dopey thread that the marathon course will be the same as last year? I know some people didnt like it. But it's the only course I've done so I'm pleased :)

Be part of the inaugural Run GKTW team for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend! Please go to givekidstheworld .org/ run to register!

Whether you’re running the Full or Half Marathon, you can make your miles matter by joining the Run GKTW team. By raising funds for Give Kids The World, you can help bring happiness and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses whose one wish is to visit Central Florida.

Your registration includes:
•Guaranteed race entry
•Three-night accommodations at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel
•One day, one-park WDW admission ticket
•Ground transportation to and from race events and Disney Resort Properties
•Friday evening team dinner hosted at Give Kids The World Village
•Team Under Armour© shirt
•Chance to compete for top fundraiser prizes, including an all-expenses paid trip to Orlando for the 2015 marathon
…and more!

We hope you will consider joining the Run GKTW team. Thank you for your support!

I wish I had seen this before I registered.

Me too, Amy! Which race(s) did you register for?

Any DVCers not yet booked? We are waiting for the 7 month window to book (June 8th) and will hopefully be able to get a 1br at OKW. Would love to stay BLT for the weekend before moving to OKW but doubt anything there is available anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter