Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Doing the Rock n roll vegas tonight and at the expo there were Tink spots available. Tons of people were lined up to sign. They had the medals out for Tink, 10k as well as all the princess, 10k, GSC, pink coast 2 coast........omg. Honestly all of them were way better in person. The new tink one looks much bigger to me.....? Not sure if it is. The pink c2c is amazing!!

Good luck tonight!! Come back and give a report ~ I always go back and forth on whether or not I want to do that one.

Just got back from my 1st hard workout since NY. I've been if the gym a few times back have been going kinda easy. Today I really pushed it to see how the legs would respond, they tired a little faster than I hoped but pushed through and got it done. I have a feeling I'll be a little sore tomorrow. No running yet; giving myself 1 more week but I'm keeping cardio up at the gym. I'll start back up again next weekend.

How's everyone else's training going?

I'm new to this thread, and FILLED with nerves. If talked about and I missed, sorry. But when do they sweep? Like what miles does it start at? Trying to make a game since my time wasn't taken for a better corral. (Emailed too late)

Does anyone think they may offer more spots for Black Friday? I really LOVE the 10 km medal! I just can't justify another race/hotel package! Fingers crossed that they do!

That's how I got into Tink this past year. I didn't sign up originally because I was doing Goofy at WDW. Then I said, "Feh why not?" Got a cheapo room. Ended up with my C2C and it was one of my best races ever.

How's everyone else's training going?

Did 5 miles today feeling pretty good about my time and then the kids track team showed up and those young kids smoked me while they ran around the track. :lmao: They did only run 1 lap but it was still very humbling. ;)

Still happy with my run and really getting serious about my training now since we are only 9 weeks away. :eek:

My interest were peaked by someone asking about the new run disney runners...sooooo I googled "new disney runners" and saw a disney parks blog post on new balance coming out with Mickey sorcerer and Minnie running shoes !!! No big pics but what a tease...and Who can I bribe to pick me up a pair at the Tink expo ?;)

Good luck tonight!! Come back and give a report ~ I always go back and forth on whether or not I want to do that one.

I did the RnR Vegas half last year. It was fun, because it's unforgettable to run along the strip with all the hotels lit up, but it was hard for me because to was really, really windy at the start, and we ran against the wind for the first mile, and the there's a few mile segment when you're running from the strip to old downtown Vegas, and it's through mostly dark, music-less neighborhoods, which was tedious. Also, my garmin died at mile 11, so I couldn't tell what pace I was running at the last few miles.

I would do it again, but I didn't do it this year.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure someone has, what with all the "challenges" they have out there (Dopey/Goofy/Dumbo, etc), but what is it like to do two big races close together?

The only race I've done was the ToT 10 miler this year and it was fine, but I was sore for a couple of days after. This year, I have signed up to do the WDW Half (my first half!), but am now having insane thoughts of signing up for 2014 Tink Half because GET Travel still has some availability. Those two races are only like a week apart, which sounds close to me, but I know you challenger people do races on back-to-back days. I think with a week apart, I should be fine, but I still lack the confidence because I still am a new runner.

What do you guys think? Take the WDW Half easy and then give it my all at Tink or what?

TIA! :goodvibes

Good luck tonight!! Come back and give a report ~ I always go back and forth on whether or not I want to do that one. Just got back from my 1st hard workout since NY. I've been if the gym a few times back have been going kinda easy. Today I really pushed it to see how the legs would respond, they tired a little faster than I hoped but pushed through and got it done. I have a feeling I'll be a little sore tomorrow. No running yet; giving myself 1 more week but I'm keeping cardio up at the gym. I'll start back up again next weekend. How's everyone else's training going?

Finished the RnR Vegas. It was my 14th half in 19months. This one was right up there with my favorites. I must've said "this is awesome" 15 times during the race. Truly a one of a kind, no where in the world will you run a course like this. There were a couple dark spots but not that bad. Lasted a very short time. I heard they added a lot more lights then last year. Music along the course was great, didn't listen to my headphones at all, a first. Not one I think you go to PR, just because it's fun to slow down a touch and enjoy the sites. Weather was pretty much as perfect as it could get, 60 at the start, no wind. It got up to 70 earlier in the day and I actually was by the pool for awhile.

I DO NOT do repeat half marathons, there are just so many out there so why keep doing the same ones, BUT this one I will repeat in 2014. Honestly, it was fantastic. Only down side was when you finished, the gated runners area was way too long to get out of. About an extra 3/4 mile to just get out of it then for us how to walk back another 3/4 mile to get to the hotel. Other then that, fabulous!

OMG, I cannot believe we are 2 months away.

My training has been awful. I did 2 10ks in October, but haven't really run since. I did a 4 miler last week. I need to crack down on my training. I need to be back up to 6 this week.

My costume is coming together too. I'm dressing as a pirate. Red sparkle skirt, black tank, Miss Morgan Designs iron on priate mickey decal, a pirate hat, and maybe a few more accessories?

Who here is training over 10? I'm super nervous about my lack of running lately. I'm thinking 6 miles this weekend, a 10k next week, then 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 as my long runs? I live in WI and my long runs will depend on weather. (Last year I did 8 miles at 5 degrees and then had to finish the rest on the treadmill because it was too damn cold.)

I'm new to this thread, and FILLED with nerves. If talked about and I missed, sorry. But when do they sweep? Like what miles does it start at? Trying to make a game since my time wasn't taken for a better corral. (Emailed too late)

The sweep time starts when the last person crosses the start line, so from that point on it's 16 min. mile. I'm not really sure how it works though. I know if you get past a certain point, I think somewhere in the 10 or 11 mile range and aren't swept, you can finish.

I did the RnR Vegas half last year. It was fun, because it's unforgettable to run along the strip with all the hotels lit up, but it was hard for me because to was really, really windy at the start, and we ran against the wind for the first mile, and the there's a few mile segment when you're running from the strip to old downtown Vegas, and it's through mostly dark, music-less neighborhoods, which was tedious. Also, my garmin died at mile 11, so I couldn't tell what pace I was running at the last few miles.

I would do it again, but I didn't do it this year.

Finished the RnR Vegas. It was my 14th half in 19months. This one was right up there with my favorites. I must've said "this is awesome" 15 times during the race. Truly a one of a kind, no where in the world will you run a course like this. There were a couple dark spots but not that bad. Lasted a very short time. I heard they added a lot more lights then last year. Music along the course was great, didn't listen to my headphones at all, a first. Not one I think you go to PR, just because it's fun to slow down a touch and enjoy the sites. Weather was pretty much as perfect as it could get, 60 at the start, no wind. It got up to 70 earlier in the day and I actually was by the pool for awhile.

I DO NOT do repeat half marathons, there are just so many out there so why keep doing the same ones, BUT this one I will repeat in 2014. Honestly, it was fantastic. Only down side was when you finished, the gated runners area was way too long to get out of. About an extra 3/4 mile to just get out of it then for us how to walk back another 3/4 mile to get to the hotel. Other then that, fabulous!

Thanks guys! I'll have to check that one out. Running down the strip sounds like a lot of fun.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure someone has, what with all the "challenges" they have out there (Dopey/Goofy/Dumbo, etc), but what is it like to do two big races close together?

The only race I've done was the ToT 10 miler this year and it was fine, but I was sore for a couple of days after. This year, I have signed up to do the WDW Half (my first half!), but am now having insane thoughts of signing up for 2014 Tink Half because GET Travel still has some availability. Those two races are only like a week apart, which sounds close to me, but I know you challenger people do races on back-to-back days. I think with a week apart, I should be fine, but I still lack the confidence because I still am a new runner.

What do you guys think? Take the WDW Half easy and then give it my all at Tink or what?

I did it last year. And w/ you already there for training, especially w/ TOT last month, you should be fine. Just make sure not to go crazy walking all over in WDW or DL depending on how long you're at the parks. After the WDW 1/2, hop in an ice bath as soon as you get back to your room, that'll help w/ soreness, and get some protein and carbs in you right away at the very latest an hour after your run. Make sure you stretch a lot during the week especially the 1st couple of days after WDW. If you can, do a couple of short runs during the week to work out the lactic acid and help get your legs back and you should be fine. As for as efforts for the 2 races, it's up to you. Just keep your plan in mind when you're running ie if you want to go harder at WDW then know you might be going a little slower for Tink or if you want to run harder at Tink don't go all out for WDW.

Who here is training over 10? I'm super nervous about my lack of running lately. I'm thinking 6 miles this weekend, a 10k next week, then 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 as my long runs? I live in WI and my long runs will depend on weather. (Last year I did 8 miles at 5 degrees and then had to finish the rest on the treadmill because it was too damn cold.)

Holy cow ~ 5 degrees!?! LA will feel like the desert after that. You're long runs sound fine. My training will be weird b/c I'll be in the middle of training for a full, but usually my longest run will be an 11. Plus, w/ the cold weather, you're body will be working harder so that will help out too.

Congrats on RnR Las Vegas and thanks for the review of it! Sounds fun!

As for training, still no running for me yet. Riding the bike for cardio til I get the go ahead to run again.

princessmeghan said:
OMG, I cannot believe we are 2 months away.

My training has been awful. I did 2 10ks in October, but haven't really run since. I did a 4 miler last week. I need to crack down on my training. I need to be back up to 6 this week.

My costume is coming together too. I'm dressing as a pirate. Red sparkle skirt, black tank, Miss Morgan Designs iron on priate mickey decal, a pirate hat, and maybe a few more accessories?

I am not sure if I'm going to do 10 or 11 for my last run. I did 11 four weeks ago before wine and dine, and so right now I think my plan is (starting from w&d 8 days ago), 13.1-5-6-7-8-cutback-9-cutback-10.5-taper-tink. I'm still kinda debating if I should just have confined to run longer runs every other weekend (like 10 this weekend instead of 6), and I'm sure that's kinda a good plan, but I'm feeling conservative with princess coming up right after Tink.

I can't believe u ran in 5 degree temps! That's as bad as when I hear the Texas runners running in 90+ temps! Thank goodness for mild Western PA!

Let's all chip in a give a few bucks to someone who seems to have "shoe problems"......so they stall the balloon ladies. This way the last person across the start gives the rest of use more time!!!
JK!!!
I need all the time I an get. First half, first RunDisney and last corral...I plan on taking lots of photos....hopefully none of the ballon ladies coming after me!

I did it last year. And w/ you already there for training, especially w/ TOT last month, you should be fine. Just make sure not to go crazy walking all over in WDW or DL depending on how long you're at the parks. After the WDW 1/2, hop in an ice bath as soon as you get back to your room, that'll help w/ soreness, and get some protein and carbs in you right away at the very latest an hour after your run. Make sure you stretch a lot during the week especially the 1st couple of days after WDW. If you can, do a couple of short runs during the week to work out the lactic acid and help get your legs back and you should be fine. As for as efforts for the 2 races, it's up to you. Just keep your plan in mind when you're running ie if you want to go harder at WDW then know you might be going a little slower for Tink or if you want to run harder at Tink don't go all out for WDW.

Thanks for the tips! If I do get to do this trip, it will have to be extremely budgeted. Does anyone need a roommate? If not, are there at least any meet-ups planned? I know for sure I would be going out to DL alone for this race and it just sounds so lonely. That's also what's holding me back from registering. I've never traveled solo to such a far off destination.

New Disney runners ?? What's that ?

I can't post links until I have one more post! Grrrrr…

That's how I got into Tink this past year. I didn't sign up originally because I was doing Goofy at WDW. Then I said, "Feh why not?" Got a cheapo room. Ended up with my C2C and it was one of my best races ever.

That's awesome. My running has been stilted because of a hip issue, so it will be slow going. That said, doing a 10km seems just like a primer to the half. I wouldn't want to ruin the half experience just for the 10 km, but that medal is really nice.

Fingers crossed black Friday pans out, that would be worth it for me!

I need all the time I an get. First half, first RunDisney and last corral...I plan on taking lots of photos....hopefully none of the ballon ladies coming after me!

What if you use the 5/10k for pics and that way you won't have to worry about the 1/2? That's what I do. And the upside is no camera for the 1/2 that you have to worry about.

If not, are there at least any meet-ups planned? I know for sure I would be going out to DL alone for this race and it just sounds so lonely. That's also what's holding me back from registering. I've never traveled solo to such a far off destination.

Definitely a meet-up or 2, but nothing's been talked about or set up yet. Last year there were a few of us that met up for dinner on Friday. As for going solo, it's not too bad. I've done it before and sometimes it's even better b/c you can do what you want, when you want and at your own pace. Plus the parks and DTD will be filled w/ other runners that you can talk to in the parks. I've always found that I talk more to random people in line for rides during race weekend than regular trips, b/c you're talking about the race, your experiences and other races that you've done or they've done. Race weekends are the perfect combination of people's love for Disney and running and really friendly.

booked an ADR today for Naples for dinner the night before the 1/2.....thinking Boardwalk PIzza for Friday night before the 10K.

I'm doing a 1/2 Santa Hustle next month, so my longest run will be 13.1 but i can't think that I've gone over 12 up to any other HM. I do know i only did up to 10 on my 1st HM...and those last 3 miles were really hard. I was thinking...its only another 5k...no big deal....but believe me, it WAS a big deal. I recommend going to at least 11.5, maybe 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter