Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Thanks for the input! Shamrockn definitely sounds like a nice course. I'll probably see how training is going come mid December and register then if I look to be injury free. Your run schedule looks like fun! Though I'm not a marathon or indurance runner those look like great races. Good luck joining the marathon maniacs! I hope to join the half fanatics someday :)

How'd you do yesterday? Running-wise I was happy, but race-wise I wasn't. It definitely lost it's sparkle for me yesterday. Love the necklace though!

How'd you do yesterday? Running-wise I was happy, but race-wise I wasn't. It definitely lost it's sparkle for me yesterday. Love the necklace though!

I'd say the same...running wise I PR'd by 3 minutes so I'm thrilled considering the hills. Beat last years time by like 30 minutes too. I'm paying for it today though :rotfl:

The race was great. The course support was great. No complaints there.

The finishers area was a hot mess that is inexcusable IMO. After getting my necklace (love!) I (along with everyone else at the time) stood still in the line for our shirts for 30 minutes. It was freezing. We couldn't move. As you know the mylar blankets were after the shirts. So no blanket while waiting. Just salt and sweat drying on my skin as we stood in the coastal haze. It was teeth chattering cold. It sucked!!! I don't think my muscles have ever been so tight. I was not a happy camper.

But all in all it was still a great experience and I'm glad I got to do it again. Its always a great girls weekend in the City! I will probably not enter the lottery next year though. Considering the San Jose Rock N Roll instead for an October half.

What were your thoughts on it?

I thought the exact same thing about the blankets. They needed to be before the shirts. Didn't have to wait as long as you for my shirt, only about 15 min, but it took about 2 hours after that and bag pickup to get back to Union Square. I was sore yesterday, but I think it was more from the post-race debacle and not running. I'm not going to enter next year either. I'm thinking about doing the Tougher Mudder in San Diego end of Oct/beginning of Nov.

Let me know if you end up doing SJ. I'll go cheer you on! You can totally PR that course too. It's all flat w/ 4 underpasses (1 you do twice) and they aren't bad at all.

My costume for this race came is complete, besides the leggings. I am wearing a butterfly costume, wanted something different but still within the realm of the race. Otherwise, hope all is training well, I did a half marathon last week in Key West and it was hot, but still finished with a decent 1:54 time.

my daughters costume for the 10K is done....she's rosetta! now we just need to get her out of the boot and off the crutches and she'll be good to go.......she fractured her fibula 2 weeks ago. ugh!!!

my tink costume....eh....i'll work on it soon. :rotfl:

I'm so glad I signed up for the 10K cause I would have been so jealous after seeing the medal! Love it! And love the addition of Disneyland to the Tink medal!

Oh, is that the change? I kept staring back and forth from the picture of the new medal and last year's, trying to figure out what "enhancement" there was. Lol.

Oh, is that the change? I kept staring back and forth from the picture of the new medal and last year's, trying to figure out what "enhancement" there was. Lol.

LOL thats the only one I spotted! Well besides the blue ribbon. Did anyone see anything else?

We are thinking about doing this and registering through one of the travel groups. Does anyone have an experiences with Get Travel? That's the one we are thinking of going with?

We are thinking about doing this and registering through one of the travel groups. Does anyone have an experiences with Get Travel? That's the one we are thinking of going with?

We used GET Travel for the DL Half and had no problems at all...good communication, easy reservations...all was good ! I would have used GET for the Tink but...SWA pilot hubby could not get vacation for the Tink week so I won't get to use GET again. At this point they are probably the only way to get into the race. Good luck !:cool1:

We used GET Travel for the DL Half and had no problems at all...good communication, easy reservations...all was good ! I would have used GET for the Tink but...SWA pilot hubby could not get vacation for the Tink week so I won't get to use GET again. At this point they are probably the only way to get into the race. Good luck !:cool1:
Thank you!

Have to call them today and get registered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter