Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I'm doing Tink and W&D. I have to spread it out over two school year calendars, so that the boys can come along, too.

I'm quite OCD and plan waaaaayyyyyyy... in advance!::yes::

Yay!! I'm not the only one. :goodvibes I plan way in advance to.

Hi! Just found the thread. I'm in for Tink 2014. Just made my room reservation at BW Stovall's.

We are taking over this hotel. This must be the party house!

I think the whole hotel is going to be filled with this thread.

No, it's the DIS boards Soroity House :)

Boy we really need to plan something fun !!!!

Seriously, I think it's a requirement at booking that you have to be a DISer for that weekend! I feel sorry for people who aren't running and just thought, MLK weekend sounds like a nice weekend to go to DL.

Am I going to be the only one NOT at Stovalls? I can't justify an extra $30/night this trip. Maybe if I can find someone to split a room with?

Even if I am staying elsewhere, can I still join you guys for the fun? :)

Definitely come over! You really only need to be at your hotel for sleeping! :rotfl2:

April 24th is d-day opening of NYC and even though it's a few weeks away, I've been stalking it like crazy for anything. Yesterday they posted about updating/changing over your NYRR profiles and they sent an email link. I never got the email and was worried b/c of it, and even though I was 99.9% positive that I was 3 no's and a guarantee, that .1% was freaking me out. They said to contact them if you haven't received the email so I did and of course, by the time I emailed them it was closing time back east. Opened my email today at lunch and got this email:

Good Afternoon Kim,

I have just activated your login. Please try to login using your E-Mail address as your username and the password you have used in the past.

As for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon, our records indicated that you are in fact eligible for guaranteed entry.Please note that even if you are a guaranteed entrant you must still apply for the event.

The application for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon will be available on April 24, 2013 and will close on May 24, 2013. Please do not forget to submit your application.

Have a good one!

:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: I knew I was in, but there is always that small chance and I wasn't going to be 100% until I got the confirmation, but this honestly made my week! Now all I have to do is train. :eek:

Seriously, I think it's a requirement at booking that you have to be a DISer for that weekend! I feel sorry for people who aren't running and just thought, MLK weekend sounds like a nice weekend to go to DL.

Definitely come over! You really only need to be at your hotel for sleeping! :rotfl2:

April 24th is d-day opening of NYC and even though it's a few weeks away, I've been stalking it like crazy for anything. Yesterday they posted about updating/changing over your NYRR profiles and they sent an email link. I never got the email and was worried b/c of it, and even though I was 99.9% positive that I was 3 no's and a guarantee, that .1% was freaking me out. They said to contact them if you haven't received the email so I did and of course, by the time I emailed them it was closing time back east. Opened my email today at lunch and got this email:

Good Afternoon Kim,

I have just activated your login. Please try to login using your E-Mail address as your username and the password you have used in the past.

As for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon, our records indicated that you are in fact eligible for guaranteed entry.Please note that even if you are a guaranteed entrant you must still apply for the event.

The application for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon will be available on April 24, 2013 and will close on May 24, 2013. Please do not forget to submit your application.

Have a good one!

:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: I knew I was in, but there is always that small chance and I wasn't going to be 100% until I got the confirmation, but this honestly made my week! Now all I have to do is train. :eek:

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay! So happy for you! :banana::yay::woohoo:

Please define fun? Are we talking what happens in Disney stays in Disney fun? The kind of fun that ends up with I certainly have no idea officer what the hell happened?

This is my last stand as a single lady so really I have no idea why the hotel is littered with confetti and unmentionable body part paraphernalia.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Please no officers involved !!!
"Disney fun" No confetti and unmentionable body parts unless they have mouse ears attached.:confused3
Remember ladies we have a race to run. ::yes::

Good Afternoon Kim,

Have a good one!

I am so happy for you !!!!!!! Congrats and you are going to do great !!!!

I'm doing Tink and W&D. I have to spread it out over two school year calendars, so that the boys can come along, too.

I'm quite OCD and plan waaaaayyyyyyy... in advance!::yes::

Just wanted to make sure you knew you wouldn't get your coast-to-coast since they are not in the same calendar year.

good afternoon kim,

i have just activated your login. Please try to login using your e-mail address as your username and the password you have used in the past.

as for the 2013 ing nyc marathon, our records indicated that you are in fact eligible for guaranteed entry.please note that even if you are a guaranteed entrant you must still apply for the event.

The application for the 2013 ing nyc marathon will be available on april 24, 2013 and will close on may 24, 2013. Please do not forget to submit your application.

Have a good one!

:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: I knew i was in, but there is always that small chance and i wasn't going to be 100% until i got the confirmation, but this honestly made my week! Now all i have to do is train. :eek:

congrats!!!!! So awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post

I'm quite OCD and plan waaaaayyyyyyy... in advance!
Just wanted to make sure you knew you wouldn't get your coast-to-coast since they are not in the same calendar year.

As long as they're both in 2014 (Tink in Jan, W&D in Nov) they would be eligible.

Hi :wave2: I've been MIA lately, but I think I'm caught up now! I wanted to share that this morning I was reading a blog that happened to mention some changes that are evidently being made in the registration for 2014 runDisney event...this one in particular was for the WDW marathon weekend, but I'm thinking it will most likely be the new "rules" for all the events. Has this already been discussed? Sorry if it has...but most notably was that starting for 2014 events, you must provide proof of time if you plan to finish the half in 3:15 or less...previously it was 2:45...and it states that if you do not provide, you will be placed in the last corral. Also, they will NOT accept any proof of time for corral changes at the expo. There will be a specific deadline date given for each race and proof must be emailed by that date (if not provided during registration) or else you will be placed in the last corral. I thought this was pretty important for those that will not have proof of time for Tink at the time of registration, but planned to participate in a race later in the year for proof...you will now have to make sure to find a race before the deadline. I read that the deadline for WDW weekend is November 1... and maybe since WDW marathon weekend and Tink are fairly close to each other, the Tink deadline will be probably early to mid november? Can't really say anything for sure of course, but something to keep in mind when planning your races this year....I suppose there's a chance these new guidelines will be exclusively for WDW marathon weekend, who knows, but thought it was worth mentioning and something to keep an eye on.

Hi :wave2: I've been MIA lately, but I think I'm caught up now! I wanted to share that this morning I was reading a blog that happened to mention some changes that are evidently being made in the registration for 2014 runDisney event...this one in particular was for the WDW marathon weekend, but I'm thinking it will most likely be the new "rules" for all the events. Has this already been discussed? Sorry if it has...but most notably was that starting for 2014 events, you must provide proof of time if you plan to finish the half in 3:15 or less...previously it was 2:45...and it states that if you do not provide, you will be placed in the last corral. Also, they will NOT accept any proof of time for corral changes at the expo. There will be a specific deadline date given for each race and proof must be emailed by that date (if not provided during registration) or else you will be placed in the last corral. I thought this was pretty important for those that will not have proof of time for Tink at the time of registration, but planned to participate in a race later in the year for proof...you will now have to make sure to find a race before the deadline. I read that the deadline for WDW weekend is November 1... and maybe since WDW marathon weekend and Tink are fairly close to each other, the Tink deadline will be probably early to mid november? Can't really say anything for sure of course, but something to keep in mind when planning your races this year....I suppose there's a chance these new guidelines will be exclusively for WDW marathon weekend, who knows, but thought it was worth mentioning and something to keep an eye on.

I don't mind the changes for the most part. I always summit time to make sure that I get into the corrals I want and they have been the proper corrals fro me unless I get hurt during a race like I did for the marathon. It however drove me nuts to see people who didn't summit times get placed in a higher corral than me when the put a 2:45 with out proof.

The only part I don't like is the part where you can't get corrals changed at runners relations anymore. Many people run good races after that cut off date. heck W&D is after that cut off date.

My last rant is I hope they look at emails this time. My dad summited an updated half time for marathon weekend and never got a response so when we went to runners relations they compared his times to their time chart and he was still in the wrong corral.

So that is my stance on the change. Over all it is a good one.

Courtney:sulley:

"Disney fun" No confetti and unmentionable body parts unless they have mouse ears attached.:confused3

Unmentionable body part with mouse ears attached is ok though? That could be interesting "Disney Toys for Grown-ups"

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay! So happy for you! :banana::yay::woohoo:

That's awesome Kim!!!

I am so happy for you !!!!!!! Congrats and you are going to do great !!!!

congrats!!!!! So awesome!

Thanks! I pretty much knew I was in when they posted the update about guaranteed entries on FB a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't 100% like I said above and was worried until I got the confirmation of reg on the 24th. I was just waiting for something to come up pulling the rug out from under me and for them to change their minds so I'd have to wait until next year. But then I got this wonderful email so now I can breathe!

Follow the empty water & powerade bottles and gu packets... just another wild and crazy Saturday night for Tink runners! :rotfl:

Unmentionable body part with mouse ears attached is ok though? That could be interesting "Disney Toys for Grown-ups"

You know there has to be a market somewhere out in internet land where there's a site selling this. :rotfl2:

kim3339 said:

Good Afternoon Kim,

Have a good one!

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!

Hi, Cripey! :wave2: I've been MIA, too. I feel like a woman without a country - not sure I am doing the Princess next year, am planning on Tink but since it's so far I haven't thought to really get involved in this board, am in limbo and waiting for the hubs to approve budget to see if I can do W&D this year!

As far as the changes go, I applaud them. The most important thing to me is that they actually VERIFY people's proof of time. Previously, you could put anything down and it would be taken. Even if they spot-checked, it might be enough to give people pause before they submitted a time they do not "own".

My friend and I completed the Princess in March. She now wants to do the Tinker Bell in January. Will this qualify as coast to coast? I looked on Run Disney and it said you had to complete in the same calendar year but then said if you completed the Princess you were eligible to do coast to coast in the Tinker Bell. I am not sure if it is a 12 month period or actual calendar year period.

My friend and I completed the Princess in March. She now wants to do the Tinker Bell in January. Will this qualify as coast to coast? I looked on Run Disney and it said you had to complete in the same calendar year but then said if you completed the Princess you were eligible to do coast to coast in the Tinker Bell. I am not sure if it is a 12 month period or actual calendar year period.

The C2C Challenge has to be in a single calendar year. It is not simply a 12-month period. If you want to do Tink and Princess to get your C2C (which I am doing in 2014!!!), you would have to run Tink in Disneyland in Jan and Princess in WDW in Feb.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

The C2C Challenge has to be in a single calendar year. It is not simply a 12-month period. If you want to do Tink and Princess to get your C2C (which I am doing in 2014!!!), you would have to run Tink in Disneyland in Jan and Princess in WDW in Feb.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

Thanks so much. We will just be doing one so maybe we will still choose Tink since we did Princess last time and I have never been to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter