Official 2013 MVMCP Information

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Excited to be going to MVMCP on December 8! Trying to nail down our dinner choices, and I'm having such a tough time deciding. Anyone else?

Right now I have a 4:20 at LTT for dinner. Not crazy about the dinner option, but the time is pretty good.

The other option I am considering is a late lunch at WCC at 2:30, then going to the park and hitting the ground running at 4:00. We are staying right there at the WL, so that would work.

This is essentially a resort day for us (other than breakfast at 1900 park fare that morning) so I was toying with the idea of going to DTD and having dinner there before the party, but that seems like too much traveling on that day. However, we have no other days scheduled to visit DTD, and thought getting the Holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich would be a good way to kick off the party too. :)

Anyone have any thoughts on any of those ideas? Or share what you are doing? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Excited to be going to MVMCP on December 8! Trying to nail down our dinner choices, and I'm having such a tough time deciding. Anyone else?

Right now I have a 4:20 at LTT for dinner. Not crazy about the dinner option, but the time is pretty good.

The other option I am considering is a late lunch at WCC at 2:30, then going to the park and hitting the ground running at 4:00. We are staying right there at the WL, so that would work.

This is essentially a resort day for us (other than breakfast at 1900 park fare that morning) so I was toying with the idea of going to DTD and having dinner there before the party, but that seems like too much traveling on that day. However, we have no other days scheduled to visit DTD, and thought getting the Holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich would be a good way to kick off the party too. :)

Anyone have any thoughts on any of those ideas? Or share what you are doing? Thanks! :thumbsup2

This will be our first MVMCP but we've done MNSSHP so are plan is the same. We'll eat a late lunch at our resort and head to the party right at 4:00. Then we'll grab a QS meal at the park later during the party. We don't like to eat a TS meal during the party because it takes up too much time. I like your idea of either eating a late lunch at your resort or grabbing a sandwich at EoS. I say go for the EoS option and head to DTD around 2:00, then hit the party at 4:00.

my DD and I are having tea at the Grand FL at 230 and will just grap CS somewhere along the way or maybe just snack during the party. don't want to waste any party time fun with a TS dinner!

Quick question.

Supposedly you are let in at 4pm for the party but if by chance they change this can you still get in early if you have a dining reservation?

Quick question.

Supposedly you are let in at 4pm for the party but if by chance they change this can you still get in early if you have a dining reservation?

Not sure that anyone can really answer this, but if I had to wager a guess, I'd say that you might have to use a park ticket instead of the party ticket to get in. But they could also just let you in on the party ticket.

I wouldn't worry too much though because the 4:00 party ticket time has been pretty consistent and I don't see them wanting to change it for anything. Just keep an eye on the Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and if they still let people in at 4:00 for that, I'd think it's safe to say that they will for MVMCP too.

Does anyone know what characters will be in the MVMCP this year! This is our first year doing it and was wondering if it is like the Halloween Party!

I'd like to know more about the characters, etc too. I don't like halloween AT ALL, but we went to the party a few years ago and loved it. I ADORE Christmas but for some reason cannot get excited about MVMCP!! We've never been before - I guess I'm expecting it to be crowded - I don't know... Can anyone give me more info to get me excited? Please? :).

I'll be interested in the answers, too. Our tickets for the December 3 party just came today. My daughter is excited but I'm not so much. I think I may just have to get there to understand the spirit of it all.

I don't know much about the characters (as this will be our first time as well ) BUT the cm I spoke with said its the only time we will meet the wooden soldiers. She said they are only out during the party and She also told me that we will be able to meet Uncle Scrooge :) (seeing I told her the Christmas carol was one of my favs)

There have been no announcements yet about characters. Here is the list from 2012: https://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/specialevents/mvmcp2012

MK is just beautiful with the Christmas decorations and snow on Main St. I definitely give the edge to MNSSHP, but the Christmas party is good in its own right. My favorite things are the snow and the parade - especially the toy soldiers.

Here is the castle lit up, photographed through the snow:

mk_zpsf1ce9e3e.jpg

There have been no announcements yet about characters. Here is the list from 2012: https://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/specialevents/mvmcp2012

MK is just beautiful with the Christmas decorations and snow on Main St. I definitely give the edge to MNSSHP, but the Christmas party is good in its own right. My favorite things are the snow and the parade - especially the toy soldiers.

Here is the castle lit up, photographed through the snow:

mk_zpsf1ce9e3e.jpg

I have to laugh because coming from Massachusetts I'm not getting excited to see the snow on Main st. BUT I will be excited if I don't see snow until after I'm home safe and sound getting ready for Christmas. We had a winter a couple years ago with maybe 1 snow storm. LOVED that winter. Not sure why I don't move.
I must say that the Main St. snow will be fun since no shoveling will be involved.
:upsidedow

I don't know much about the characters (as this will be our first time as well ) BUT the cm I spoke with said its the only time we will meet the wooden soldiers. She said they are only out during the party and She also told me that we will be able to meet Uncle Scrooge :) (seeing I told her the Christmas carol was one of my favs)

I'm pretty sure that is not true about the toy soldiers, unless it is new this year. In the past there has been not traditional meet and greet like that, if that is what the CM was saying.

Here are many toy soldiers decorating the Town Square garden area, near the flagpole that you could certainly take pictures with though.

I have to laugh because coming from Massachusetts I'm not getting excited to see the snow on Main st. BUT I will be excited if I don't see snow until after I'm home safe and sound getting ready for Christmas. We had a winter a couple years ago with maybe 1 snow storm. LOVED that winter. Not sure why I don't move.
I must say that the Main St. snow will be fun since no shoveling will be involved.
:upsidedow

We're coming from Mass to, where about? Where heading down Nov 11-18

We will be there Nov. 16-23 and live in Central Mass area, just North of Worcester. So very excited about JEtBlue in Worcester!!!

That's awesome, that's huge for you guys, were in Methuen! We're flying Southwest out of Manchester! 2 round trip tickets non stop were a combined 550 bucks, can't beet it

That's awesome, that's huge for you guys, were in Methuen! We're flying Southwest out of Manchester! 2 round trip tickets non stop were a combined 550 bucks, can't beet it

Yes I can!!!!:lmao:
Be online when JetBlue announced they are flying out of Worcester and get 2 round trip tickets out of Worcester for total cost of $230. :dance3::cool1::cheer2:

We had been looking at Manchester, Boston, and Providence. DH wanted Jetblue. So the day Fox25Boston said "The governor will be holding a press conference at 9am to announce JetBlue flying out of Worcester" my friend got on line to look to see if they were listing November flights. We were on speaker phone and booked before the gov actually showed up. :yay:
Totally totally lucked out because by noon the flights were much more expensive. But I've been watching for February and March and depending on when you travel you can still get some reasonable flights. Not that lucked out price but still reasonable and the location really helps.

Previous Airline didn't do well in Worcester. I hope JetBlue does better and is there a long time. Because I plan to make regular visits to Disney.

Disney Where Dreams come true!!!
So far the plans for this vacation have all been falling into place.
We are pretty excited.

We are flying SW also. But for free :). My DH travels so much for work he will have earned enough points. Plus by then he will have companions fly free. So one free ticket on points and one with companion pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter