Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little advice. I bought compression tights for this run. I completed an 8 mile run to test them out (and the rest of my costume) a few weeks ago. It was fairly warm day that day, someplace in the sixties if I remember and I was fine. Now hearing all the buzz of the warm temperatures should I revert back to Capri pants with my skirt or will I be ok with the tights. I'm planning on a 5 mile run tonight, but will that be enough distance to tell if they are going to be too warm?

I need a little advice. I bought compression tights for this run. I completed an 8 mile run to test them out (and the rest of my costume) a few weeks ago. It was fairly warm day that day, someplace in the sixties if I remember and I was fine. Now hearing all the buzz of the warm temperatures should I revert back to Capri pants with my skirt or will I be ok with the tights. I'm planning on a 5 mile run tonight, but will that be enough distance to tell if they are going to be too warm?

I would think it might be pretty warm with full on tights. I'm seeing lows in the upper 60s and some decent humidity, so by the time the sun comes up you could easily be climbing into the 70s. I know in those temps I'd be hot in even capris, so I'm wearing shorts under a skirt.

Great write up Jodi!

I need to do my Tink meet up blog- but keep needing to do laundry and pack and parent. :P Life gets in the way, no?

I think I'm finished packing, but I've had this nagging/panicked feeling all day like I was forgetting something major.

Then, I realized.... I haven't packed for *just myself* in 6 years!! :rotfl2: Packing for myself is WAY easier than packing for me, 2 kids and a dog!

I am so nervous that I think I am giving myself panick attacks. My lower shin is so tight sometimes. I can never predict when it is going to bother me. This week of all weeks it is bothering me. It took a good three miles last night before it became bareable and I could run at all on it. I also have a sore throat and stuffy nose.

My family has a pretty bad history of heart disease. My oldest brother died during open heart surgery and my older sister passed away in November from a stroke. This is my first half marathon and my mom is paranoid that something is going to happen to me. I did go to the dr in December for a check up and mentioned to her what I was doing. She did an EKG and said my heart was fine.

Last week when I finished 10 miles I felt so good about things but now I am so nervous.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Thank for the weather wishes ladies, I just checked weather.com and it looks like the snow may be much less now!! Lets hope it stays that way!!

Totally agree -- we have a late flight out Thursday and were getting very worried!!! Good luck

I have run in my compression tights for 10 miles and it was about temp wise here in San Antonio what it will be in Orlando. I felt good...is it warmer than capri's yes..but not like wearing a sweater vs a tshirt. For me the benefit of my legs feeling good during the race and after recovery FAR outweighs a couple ounces of material.

I would say ask yourself are you wearing the compression for your legs or will you do okay without them...really a personal decision. I feel a bigger difference in long sleeves vs short sleeves.

Are you staying at CR ?

I am so nervous that I think I am giving myself panick attacks. My lower shin is so tight sometimes. I can never predict when it is going to bother me. This week of all weeks it is bothering me. It took a good three miles last night before it became bareable and I could run at all on it. I also have a sore throat and stuffy nose.

My family has a pretty bad history of heart disease. My oldest brother died during open heart surgery and my older sister passed away in November from a stroke. This is my first half marathon and my mom is paranoid that something is going to happen to me. I did go to the dr in December for a check up and mentioned to her what I was doing. She did an EKG and said my heart was fine.

Last week when I finished 10 miles I felt so good about things but now I am so nervous.

Greetings from another southern Lori ! :cool1: big deep breath....you will do good, you can do this race even if you might need to walk a little. Sometimes my shins need a good half mile to warm up..maybe try some shin stretches before to warm them up. Al,ost there !:banana:

Greetings from another southern Lori ! :cool1: big deep breath....you will do good, you can do this race even if you might need to walk a little. Sometimes my shins need a good half mile to warm up..maybe try some shin stretches before to warm them up. Al,ost there !:banana:

Aww, thanks so much. I have been planning on this day for so long.

My husband is no help. He says what is the worse that can happen??? Because of that response I will not be the only one with sore shins. :rotfl:

Totally agree -- we have a late flight out Thursday and were getting very worried!!! Good luck

Anne, do you want to say when you are fling out on Thrusday. I am flying out of Midway.

Lori it is so very normal to be nervous, this is my 3rd princess and I am so very nervous for the meet up. But I can guarantee you that once you get in your corral all the nerves go away. I remember last year saying to the people I was running with as we were running into MK "this is F@#$ing AWESOME!!!

Ok, peeps. As of now, they are calling for 72% humidity for the start. Big hair alert!

Reminds of a saying we had in high school here in TX...the bigger the hair the higher to God :rotfl2: Agree with what Cripey posted earlier...ponytail time...may just leave the flat iron at home...less to pack !

I am looking to purchase 1-Pasta in the Park ticket & 1-race retreat ticket. If anyone has some tickets that will not be attending the Princess 1/2 Marathon 2013, please contact me! Thanks

Howdy from the third southern Lori! :banana:

Just remember... we will all be FINE! Way back in high school, my dance team teacher always said, "Can't never could." Only positive thoughts from here on out.

We've. Got. This!!! :hug:

Ladies who are flying out of Chicago Thursday / Friday.
Southwest has issues a weather alert. They will change your flight for free if you are flying out after Noon on Thursday - Noon on Friday.
I just changed mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter