Offical Maplestory Thread! (Opening My Guild Up To VMK Refugees!)(In World Mardia)

jasonpwns

<font color=navy>Being <font color=red>Different <
If you don't know what it is find it here

http://maplestory.nexon.net/

Or, if you play post your stats and stuff and maybe a screen shot

Character

Level:81
Job:Crusader
Name:TheTwix
Server:Mardia
Version:Global

Ok so it is free to play, but you have to put out real money to buy things? Am I understanding that correctly? Can you successfully play without buying things? Is there a way in the game to earn " nexon cash" to buy ingame items?

It is a completely free game, unless you WANT to buy things using real money.

In the game you earn mesos (money) that you use to purchase equipment you need to play the game (as you level up, you buy higher level equipment). Frankly I think they did an excellent job in designing the in-game costumes and weapons. If you don't like the look of the in-game "items", you can purchase (with real money) clothes or weapons that will "overlay" in-game items (so you still have to get the in-game things because that's where all your attributes are for your character, but you can "cover" them with the real money purchased stuff).

Things I like about the game:

1. Free
2. Nicely designed monsters, characters, and layouts
3. Pretty easy to learn to play
4. Events happen often (most holidays, sometimes you can earn maple points which are used the same as nexon cash, I earned a few during the Thanksgiving Event)
5. You can take time away from the game and probably not miss out on anything, unlike VMK where if you were gone a few days you might miss out on quest, items in the stores, etc.

Things I don't like:

1. Language! They don't seem to pay too much attention to the language (some really nasty things are said in game and broadcasted throughout the entire game with something called a smega (super megaphone that can post on all servers, and is an item that can be purchased with real money)
2. Hacking! There was a point in time when almost every room I went into, someone was hacking. Action was taken, and it got much better, but hackers are still in the game.
3. Grinding! In order to level up your character, you defeat the monsters over and over - gets monotonous after a while (that's why I'm currently taking a break and playing POTCO which can be kind of a grind too lol).

My character:

Job: Ice/Lightning Mage
Level: 76
Server: Bera
Version: Global

I tried installing this a few months ago and it wasn't Vista compatible. Do you know if it is yet?

I tried installing this a few months ago and it wasn't Vista compatible. Do you know if it is yet?

It is now,

Mom2cookies

the nx is optional you can play 100% without nx as the person who hit the max level 200 did he never bought nx except double experience, so yes you can level without nx heck I got to level 80 before buying nx

LOL I also have an account on here. I haven't been on in a while though...I'd ust like to point out, that most things you buy with real money eventuall fade away. Avergae time to enjoy an NX item is 90 days. SOme things don't fade away, like hair, eyes, face, etc. When you buy a pet, it doesn't fade away BUT it turns into a "doll" and in order to bring it back to life, you need to buy something with money LOL.

I checked out this website and confused as to what I need to download and what nx is. I'm so computer dumb. I have Vista and don't know if some downloads are for Vista only... Can you possibly send a link to what I should be downloading and what on the website I should download? Thanks :)

For anyone that wants to play Maple Story, please do some research first.

A good place to start is Wiki. Look up jobs, there are four you can choose from: Magician, Warrior, Thief, Archer. Once you've figured out what job you want, be sure you check out the BUILD for that job. Each job focuses on different attributes which include STR (strength), DEX (dexterity), INT (intelligence), and LUK (luck). For example, I'm a Mage, the two attributes I need are mostly INT and some LUK. So I do NOT have STR and DEX (only 4 on each because you roll dice to get your starting values, and you can roll the dice as many times as you want to get the combo you want). It was tough when I began and didn't have any strength to fight off monsters, and at the same time didn't have any magic either - but I did NOT put any ability points on STR or DEX.

So be sure you do some research before you start, it will really help you in the long run.

Good Luck and Happy Mapling!

Maplestory is.... meh. 99.9999% of the people who play it are, quite frankly, obnoxious and lacking in intelligence. There is no interaction with other players past the point of "OMG J00 H@S @ SCR011? 1 C@N H@S 1T 4 FR33?" Every time I look at Maplestory, I think I lose a few IQ points.

SirQuiksIvr
Mardia
Lvl 15
Bowman

GDJIIIAEKAGKHBMKOCKAFBBMODMIJKODCOBGEJHMPMIKCCHGLJHADEMIGOOELFAOMFBOFIGGDJGBPDGEBKLONNKPHCCFHFDO.gif

You don't have to pay to play. You can get Nexon Cash Cards to buy stuff you can't buy with mesos. The game is celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary now. They opened Showa, a new town. The game has been there since VMK opened o_o.. I just created my account

Things I don't like:

1. Language! They don't seem to pay too much attention to the language (some really nasty things are said in game and broadcasted throughout the entire game with something called a smega (super megaphone that can post on all servers, and is an item that can be purchased with real money)
2. Hacking! There was a point in time when almost every room I went into, someone was hacking. Action was taken, and it got much better, but hackers are still in the game.
3. Grinding! In order to level up your character, you defeat the monsters over and over - gets monotonous after a while (that's why I'm currently taking a break and playing POTCO which can be kind of a grind too lol).

I totally agree with all of these. The language is horrible in some places....jasonpwns, you should add in your first post only 13 and older should play. It's not totally a "Family Friendly" game. HappyGoLucky, I also agree with the Grinding. My character is a little messed up, so it's REALLY hard for me to level. I didnt put enough DEX that I needed to (Im a warrior), and I put almost everything on STR....Silly me, it was my first character, though. (101 STR, I think?) Im level 27 in Windia, but hardly play anymore. I would hate to make a new character and move everything from my other character to my new one.

♥DizzyDizney♥;25047274 said:
Do. You. Have. To. Pay. -_-?

No it's absolutely free. :) I've bought a few cash cards for fun and to give to people but you do not need them at all. In fact, there is a trading system in the game now so you can trade your game earned items for the nx (so if ppl are willing to trade, you can get this virtual cash, too!)

A number of us have been playing this for a while now --- the grinding is maybe a little bit more dull than other MMORPGS, but the cuteness of this game makes up for it ;) Seriously... SO CUTE. Maybe it's my Asian blood, but I love it.

I'm GelatoCrepe
Class: FirePoison Wizard
Level 63
Server: Windia
HIFGPDCLNABIOELEEBHBKDHKMJGPJAGMCGIKCPBAPLHAEDHAHLPDJGHLHMOHJBMCKGBEGJDOCEMCHOEMJJGJBLAEKDOMDIGH.gif

I wouldn't recommend it for kids, but for teenagers sure. Most of the ppl I run into in game are teens. And if you're freaking out about the language --- well, you haven't been in a high school or watched tv lately lol. There's nothing on this game that most kids aren't experiencing in real life already. I barely notice the bad eggs because I generally just hang out with my friends. It's the same with VMK --- if you go into the public areas, you're often going to run into the not so nice people. There are 19 channels on each server, so we just play on the more unpopulated ones (like picking instances in advanced mode!)

Right now is a good time to join, too, with the 3rd anniversary there's double exp (experience) and double drop (items) hours each day to help with the grinding. I play mainly at night after work, but if anyone joins on my server, I can help show you around. :goodvibes

No it's absolutely free. :) I've bought a few cash cards for fun and to give to people but you do not need them at all. In fact, there is a trading system in the game now so you can trade your game earned items for the nx (so if ppl are willing to trade, you can get this virtual cash, too!)

A number of us have been playing this for a while now --- the grinding is maybe a little bit more dull than other MMORPGS, but the cuteness of this game makes up for it ;) Seriously... SO CUTE. Maybe it's my Asian blood, but I love it.

I'm GelatoCrepe
Class: FirePoison Wizard
Level 63
Server: Windia

Right now is a good time to join, too, with the 3rd anniversary there's double exp and double drop (items) hours each day to help with the grinding. I play mainly at night after work, but if anyone joins on my server, I can help show you around. :goodvibes

Mmkay, thanks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter