Offical free dining watch 2008

Not always true. We booked several months ago knowing that we were going regardless of the free dining or not.

When the offer came out our TA revised our reservations with the promotion. We didn't have to play around with our deposit (which is good because we've made additional payments on it since the deposit) AND we have the same confirmation number. Oh, and we have the same resort had originally and our special requests were honored too...my parents have the handicapped room.

So, basically, she just changed our dining plan to FREE. Nothing else changed.

DITTO!!!

We made our ressies back in February... (not really thinking that FD would be released this year due to the changes, but it was still in the back of my mind) Our TA was able to amend the 3 ressies for my Mother and myself, my brother's and my best friends family.... WITH NO CHANGES!

We booked back in February in hopes of free dining too! We decided early on that even if free dining wasn't offered that we would still go. I called when the dining promotion came out and had no problem getting them to amend our reservation. Since we are a Grand Gatherings group, I was able to get them to amend the other reservation too! The only thing that they "required" me to do, was give them the address and phone info on both ressies. I was able to get free dining for all of us! Whoohoooo!!! :cool1: We are so excited to go! This is will our first time with Free Dining and our first time to ever be able to take advantage of the Deluxe Dining upgrade!:goodvibes

Not always true. We booked several months ago knowing that we were going regardless of the free dining or not.

When the offer came out our TA revised our reservations with the promotion. We didn't have to play around with our deposit (which is good because we've made additional payments on it since the deposit) AND we have the same confirmation number. Oh, and we have the same resort had originally and our special requests were honored too...my parents have the handicapped room.

So, basically, she just changed our dining plan to FREE. Nothing else changed.

Ditto! :thumbsup2 Our reservation was amended - same confirmation number - same everything.

Ditto! :thumbsup2 Our reservation was amended - same confirmation number - same everything.

Ours too! We kept our original reservation number also! The best is we were originally going in april and had to cancel budget reasons then we rescheduled for July and we went to my daughters High School orientation after that and found out the week we planned was cheer camp and since she joined cheerleading it is a requirement! So we wound up the last week of august because it is before school starts and since she is going into freshman year didn't want to pull her out anytime! So that's how we came up with that week! and luckily Free Dining was released for that week! :cool1: It all worked out for the better!:)

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Not sure what cave I've been living in, but the whole Free Dining thing nearly passed us by......but it didn't. We had a reservation already for Sept. 19-27, BC, Club Level, Deluxe Room, and now with FREE DINING!!!! So it'll be a trip of firsts for us: first stay Club Level, first Deluxe room, and first time using the dining plan.

We did NOT have to cancel and rebook, she was able to just revamp the reservation and add it on, same conf. # and everything! :banana:

Interesting guess, but no. I'm a realist.

If there had just been one or two threads about/requesting toll-free numbers, I'd agree. But since there are more like ten or so - seemingly at least one on every board I read - and since my signature apparently does not violate DIS guidelines, it seems reasonable.

I kind of wonder what the heck this was all about. But my mind rests at ease now. I just saw a Disney commercial and the phone number listed is a "866" number. I do beleive that is toll free. right? So no worries to using them, as evidently if they are advertising them!

I was wondering if anyone elses trip was paid in full when they added free dining and recieved a credit? And if so did you get it yet? I am suppose to get a $133 some odd cent credit and haven't yet . I was wondering if anyone else has gotten theres yet? and was it credited to your credit card or a check sent? :confused:

I was wondering if anyone elses trip was paid in full when they added free dining and recieved a credit? And if so did you get it yet? I am suppose to get a $133 some odd cent credit and haven't yet . I was wondering if anyone else has gotten theres yet? and was it credited to your credit card or a check sent? :confused:

Last year I got one. It took a few weeks. I think it was just credited back to my card?

Yes, mine was fully paid, but when free dining was offered I had to change to a standard room (I had paid for preffered).

When booking the free dining the CM told me that it could take up to 6 weeks for the money to be credited back to my amex. (I had just wanted to be in credit when I got there, but she told me it was against policy!)

I think if I haven't seen a credit by the end of next month I will call.

Yes, mine was fully paid, but when free dining was offered I had to change to a standard room (I had paid for preffered).

When booking the free dining the CM told me that it could take up to 6 weeks for the money to be credited back to my amex. (I had just wanted to be in credit when I got there, but she told me it was against policy!)

I think if I haven't seen a credit by the end of next month I will call.

I was thinking the same thing! Thanks.

Does anyone think there might be free resort upgrades this year?

we got the free upgrade to saratoga last year and we received the email in june. this would be awesome if it happened again but i'm just excited to be going! the 1br villas were so nice and big! let's say a little prayer!
mousiemom

we got the free upgrade to saratoga last year and we received the email in june. this would be awesome if it happened again but i'm just excited to be going! the 1br villas were so nice and big! let's say a little prayer!
mousiemom

I was also fortunate to get the free upgrade last year. You are right, the 1br room villa was awesome. I was in that jacuzzi tub every night!! Where are you staying this year? We will be at Pop 8/24-8/30.

I was also fortunate to get the free upgrade last year. You are right, the 1br room villa was awesome. I was in that jacuzzi tub every night!! Where are you staying this year? We will be at Pop 8/24-8/30.

we will be @ pop too 8/29-9/4!! my dd loved the jacuzzi. as a matter of fact, i have the cutest picture of her looking out the window that looked into the br and she was watching tv and her bootie is sticking out of the tub. too cute! which bldg. where you in? we were in the grandstand and we loved it cause we were picked up 1st and dropped off 1st. that place is huge!!!! here's hoping to another upgrade!!!
mousiemom

we will be @ pop too 8/29-9/4!! my dd loved the jacuzzi. as a matter of fact, i have the cutest picture of her looking out the window that looked into the br and she was watching tv and her bootie is sticking out of the tub. too cute! which bldg. where you in? we were in the grandstand and we loved it cause we were picked up 1st and dropped off 1st. that place is huge!!!! here's hoping to another upgrade!!!
mousiemom

We were in the Grandstand area too!! Our Villa was in the building to the right and faced the parking lot. It was a good location for us because we had our own vehicle so it was easy going back and forth. I am hoping for another upgrade, even though I think it's unlikely....but hey....it's still the year of a million dreams!!!:rotfl2:

We were in the Grandstand area too!! Our Villa was in the building to the right and faced the parking lot. It was a good location for us because we had our own vehicle so it was easy going back and forth. I am hoping for another upgrade, even though I think it's unlikely....but hey....it's still the year of a million dreams!!!:rotfl2:

This would be sweet! It sounds like alot of here are there during the first week of Free Dining so it maybe possible!!!:wizard:

This would be sweet! It sounds like alot of here are there during the first week of Free Dining so it maybe possible!!!:wizard:

The Value Resorts have been full for sometime. Maybe they didn't have as many rooms for the promo as last year. Who knows.... If nothing happens within the next couple of weeks, it probably won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter