• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offensive billboards on the way to Disney

Are they right next to each other?

On 79 & 77 are lots of signs for Southern Xposure Gentleman's Club. I have a hard time explaining that to my youngest daughter. She wants to know what the gentlemen do in the club. She'll be 30 on her next birthday! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

And who exactly would "they" be?

Arent there ppl that are in charge of that sort of thing or can't disney or theme parks buy the bilboards and replace the ads

You mean the people that regulate free speech? Um, no. And Disney does well, but not so well that they can buy all the billboards in the state.

PS I think I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread before I get in trouble. ;)

Three words...freedom of speech. We may or may not agree on the message but the sender is free to send it.

The older I get, the more I learn that just because one person finds something offensive does not mean another one will.

While I understand the feeling behind it, just not sure this belongs on the theme parks board? (Unless, of course, the OP is trying to stir up something and this is the board that gets the most traffic? Just my two cents...)

Three words...freedom of speech. We may or may not agree on the message but the sender is free to send it.

The older I get, the more I learn that just because one person finds something offensive does not mean another one will.

:thumbsup2

While I understand the feeling behind it, just not sure this belongs on the theme parks board? (Unless, of course, the OP is trying to stir up something and this is the board that gets the most traffic? Just my two cents...)

There seems to be a lot of that lately!

You mean the people that regulate free speech? Um, no. And Disney does well, but not so well that they can buy all the billboards in the state.

PS I think I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread before I get in trouble. ;)

True i will stop posting on this thred i guss what confused me is that I have never seen these billboards i only see the onles for theme parks but then again i am only an Hr drive away from the world

I'd have to agree, I don't think it's appropriate to have those images on the way to Disney. They should be a bit more sensitive I think. Just my .02

It looks like they are doing their job...getting their message out.

I never noticed these billboards in the Disney area - only signs for Disney, Universal, Sea World and other area attractions.

Back in the late 70's my family traveled by bus to California. On the way back through Louisiana (can't remember the town) that night there was a drive-in playing movies that you could clearly see from the highway. Certainly wasn't Disney movies, if ya get my drift :scared1:. My mom was telling me not to look. Nope, didn't even take a peek :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:.

With all due respect this subject has nothing to do with Disney Parks Attractions and Planning. The discussion is not appropriate for this forum.

We have those billboards in my area. And I've never cared for them, but when I saw the one that had a baby saying "I could smile even before I was born", was when I got truly offended by it. It's just outright lying.

I'd have to agree, I don't think it's appropriate to have those images on the way to Disney. They should be a bit more sensitive I think. Just my .02

But I-75 isn't just "the way to Disney." What percentage of the traffic do you actually think are going to Disney? Not trying to pick on you, but several posters seem to think that I-75/Florida Turnpike are just magical roads to vacation instead of the major arteries that they actually are.

I've decided that I'm going to be one of those people who boosts their post count by "calling for the question" aka "moderators please close this thread". I'm sorry if that offends all of you who beg the mods. to close threads that you don't like. :thumbsup2

This topic really isn't suited for the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community Board.

And let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that the DIS is not the place to discuss religion or politics. So let's not go there, shall we? :)

I saw those billboards on our way to Disney this past June. It was approx 4 days after miscarrying (@11weeks). It was all I could do to keep it together while driving. :sad1: It was really the last thing I needed to see. I understand the message, but the images/information was awful for me. I don't think my husband saw them...

:hug: I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

It's been 2 *years* since and I think I'd still cry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter