Off Site Morning Experiences?

disneymouse16

Mouseketeer
Like most of you my normal touring style has been turned on it's head! When we have gone (Disneyland, haven't been to WDW for about 10 years) we get there early and would manage an insane number of rides before crowds really began to build late morning. Now we are visiting WDW first week of May and staying off site. What has your off site experiences been? Trying to modulate our morning expectations and see if it is even worth it to be there for an (off site) rope drop.

Yes, I would love experiences on any park for off site "rope drop". I'm trying to figure out if it is "worth it" to hustle everyone out the door for a rope drop that may or may not afford us much of a difference in crowds.

We stayed offsite in October 2021 and visited all four parks from 10/3-10/8, which was right after the 50th began. In my opinion, we had great success being there for rope drop and experiencing everything we wanted. We even rode Tower of Terror, Mickey's Runaway and Rock n Roller Coaster twice in one day at Hollywood Studios. We basically walked on to Smuggler's Run and were on Slinky Dog within 30 minutes of official park opening.

This was before Genie so I don't know how that would compare now. We had stayed onsite in March 2017 and I have to say I enjoyed both stays equally and would stay onsite or offsite. I do have a trip coming up in May where I am staying onsite and this will be after Genie so I may feel differently after this stay.

I have stayed off site last month. it was fine, however, not able to buy ILL at 7AM sucks. Also, with the crowds, not having EPE also sucks

Having said that, with good planning, you can have a great experience.

In Feb 2023, we will be staying for the first time at a Disney Resort. I will compare experiences and see if it is worth it (I will be at Boardwalk Villas)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter