Off ship today 3 night Very Merry Cruise

admepo

Mouseketeer
I always get such great info here that I wanted to share - we just got off the Dream this morning 3 night Very Merry Christmas Cruise. This was our first Christmas themed cruise, and our first short 3 night cruise. We are a family of six and had two VGT staterooms - we wound up in connecting cabins 10628 & 10630 - both rooms were able to sleep 5 with the pull down bunk and Murphy bed.
Friday’s PAT was 1:15pm, but weather was awful With rain and wind so things were backed up at port. We dropped luggage, waited to get into garage, did the swab and got through testing for the all clear in total in about 1hr 40 minutes. We were on ship, did the muster drill sign off, dropped things in our room and were in cabanas at 3:30. The ship left after 6pm while we were watching beauty and the beast both due to passengers boarding late because of the back up and a technical issue that caused the ship being unable to travel at full speed to castaway cay for Saturday. Because of that our all ashore was after 10:45 and they adjusted our all aboard by a bit to after 5pm.
We were told passenger count was expected around 1500. The ship never seemed crowded. The decor was up for Christmas but the gingerbread house was blocked off and not complete. There was no tree lighting and minimal activities - holiday animation, dickens carolers, story time with Mrs Claus, and Santa was in the atrium waving from the balcony that we saw available. The other things I have read on here that were done in the past I didn’t see like “snow” or cookie decorating.
I do not have pics of the navigators but am happy to report Mickey waffles and omelets were available in cabanas. This made our son very happy :)
Our 15 year old did not go to Vibe at all and our other kids did not attend 1820, but 1820 activities were listed. Youth club activities were not listed like they were in the past, only the open houses were showing on the schedule.
We attempted a couple of activities that the venue was at capacity when we arrived so we missed them even though we were early, after that we made sure to be very early when in the district for events.
Our serving team Van and Arunee were fantastic! As was our stateroom host Rueben.
It was very windy and we experienced the most rocking and motion I have ever felt and visibly noticed on board in our 5 cruises. I am happy we took this cruise but would opt for the 4 night or longer cruise before ever doing the 3 night again.
Christmas merchandise was available in the shops but I never saw room decor available on my app. Photos on board were available with various backdrops for the holidays and including in front of the tree.
Hope this helps someone with their planning!

Oh my son just reminded me that another thing we looked for on the boards before going to share - they showed Beauty and the Beast on Friday and Sunday night with Saturday premiering the Eternals movie at the Walt Disney theater.
The movies showing were Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Noelle and the Jungle Cruise at Buena Vista.

Was the merchandise generic parks Christmas merchandise, or cruise line Christmas merchandise?

going on the fantasy on Thursday … thanks for the info!!

we just got off the Dream this morning 3 night Very Merry Christmas Cruise.

I just saw a picture posted yesterday on Twitter by someone currently on the Fantasy Merrytime sailing and he disappointingly showed that there was only 1 very small shelf of Holiday merchandise in the gift shops. In 2019 the Merrytime sailings the entire gift shops had just about every shelf packed with holiday merchandise. How was the holiday merchandise situation on the Dream sailing?

Thank you for sharing- we're headed out on the Dream on Friday and my DS was curious about the movies playing this month.

I always get such great info here that I wanted to share - we just got off the Dream this morning 3 night Very Merry Christmas Cruise. This was our first Christmas themed cruise, and our first short 3 night cruise. We are a family of six and had two VGT staterooms - we wound up in connecting cabins 10628 & 10630 - both rooms were able to sleep 5 with the pull down bunk and Murphy bed.
Friday’s PAT was 1:15pm, but weather was awful With rain and wind so things were backed up at port. We dropped luggage, waited to get into garage, did the swab and got through testing for the all clear in total in about 1hr 40 minutes. We were on ship, did the muster drill sign off, dropped things in our room and were in cabanas at 3:30. The ship left after 6pm while we were watching beauty and the beast both due to passengers boarding late because of the back up and a technical issue that caused the ship being unable to travel at full speed to castaway cay for Saturday. Because of that our all ashore was after 10:45 and they adjusted our all aboard by a bit to after 5pm.
We were told passenger count was expected around 1500. The ship never seemed crowded. The decor was up for Christmas but the gingerbread house was blocked off and not complete. There was no tree lighting and minimal activities - holiday animation, dickens carolers, story time with Mrs Claus, and Santa was in the atrium waving from the balcony that we saw available. The other things I have read on here that were done in the past I didn’t see like “snow” or cookie decorating.
I do not have pics of the navigators but am happy to report Mickey waffles and omelets were available in cabanas. This made our son very happy :)
Our 15 year old did not go to Vibe at all and our other kids did not attend 1820, but 1820 activities were listed. Youth club activities were not listed like they were in the past, only the open houses were showing on the schedule.
We attempted a couple of activities that the venue was at capacity when we arrived so we missed them even though we were early, after that we made sure to be very early when in the district for events.
Our serving team Van and Arunee were fantastic! As was our stateroom host Rueben.
It was very windy and we experienced the most rocking and motion I have ever felt and visibly noticed on board in our 5 cruises. I am happy we took this cruise but would opt for the 4 night or longer cruise before ever doing the 3 night again.
Christmas merchandise was available in the shops but I never saw room decor available on my app. Photos on board were available with various backdrops for the holidays and including in front of the tree.
How early did you receive your VGT room assignment?

Were there Mickey waffles in Cabanas on debarkation morning?

I just booked these same rooms for December 10 How were the rooms?
And what about the shows...just one? and fireworks?

We have also booked a VGT room (leaves this Friday) and had it by the time we checked in. May have had it sooner but I hadn't logged in and looked for awhile.
So sometime before 30 days out? (sorry- wondering if that’s the check in to which you are referring) Thank you!!

So sometime before 30 days out? (sorry- wondering if that’s the check in to which you are referring) Thank you!!

Yes!!

ETA: we may have had our room assigned prior to the 30 day check in- I am not sure as I hadn't looked prior to checking in. I checked at the 30 day mark while we were checking in and found that at that time we did have our stateroom assigned at that time. Sorry for any confusion!!

Last edited:
We are also on the 12/10 cruise and I just checked in but did not receive room assignment, yet. I booked two rooms and hoping that we are connecting, does anyone know the chances?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter