Off-property solo-friendly activities?

jamesg

Earning My Ears
I typically travel solo to WDW (around Marathon weekend) and primarily stay within the Disney bubble the entire time. I'd like to branch out and try some other activities to add some variety to my trips. Recently I've been renting a car so I can get myself to any location nearby. Does anyone have any suggestions on solo-friendly activities within a few hours drive from WDW?

• Discovery Cove
    • admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking at Discovery Cove, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, food, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and select beers and wines
  • Sea World
    • You can buy a ticket combo that includes Discovery Cove and Sea World. They offer pkgs that include Bush Gardens, too.
  • Cape Canaveral/ Kennedy Space Center.
    • This looks so interesting to me. And there are so many options of tours and activities— including simulator training in the actual simulators that astronauts are trained in.
  • Various Dinner shows
    • DH & I did the Sleuths show several years ago (pre-pandemic) and we enjoyed it.
  • Everglades Boat Tours
    • Check Trip Advisor… there are several different companies out there. It’s been a long time ago, but I think dh & I did the Sawgrass Recreational Park tour—not 100% sure though. It was interesting and fun… and somewhere we have a photo of me holding an alligator. :eek:
Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

• Discovery Cove
    • admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking at Discovery Cove, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, food, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and select beers and wines
  • Sea World
    • You can buy a ticket combo that includes Discovery Cove and Sea World. They offer pkgs that include Bush Gardens, too.
  • Cape Canaveral/ Kennedy Space Center.
    • This looks so interesting to me. And there are so many options of tours and activities— including simulator training in the actual simulators that astronauts are trained in.
  • Various Dinner shows
    • DH & I did the Sleuths show several years ago (pre-pandemic) and we enjoyed it.
  • Everglades Boat Tours
    • Check Trip Advisor… there are several different companies out there. It’s been a long time ago, but I think dh & I did the Sawgrass Recreational Park tour—not 100% sure though. It was interesting and fun… and somewhere we have a photo of me holding an alligator. :eek:
Hope this helps. Have a great trip!
Don't forget...

Roadside attractions (like Gaterland)

Helicopter rides over Disney and surrounding areas

Universal studios

Legoland

Silver Springs (1.5 hours from WDW to the north.)

Virtually there is no end to the things to do outside of Disney property.

I live in the Orlando area for about 20 years now. Plenty of solo activities, but need a little more info. on preferences. Theme parks/attractions/nature/beach/eateries/etc. How much time for the activity?

We love Winter Park, it has a quaint main street with many dining options.
......and the best chocolate shop on the corner (Peterbrook). We drove 1 hour 15 minutes just to pick up chocolate to bring back home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter