• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off property resorts for a family of 6

Jmljasmine

Mouseketeer
We are now very clearly on the family size (combined with decreased on property perks) that staying on property is a thing of the past for us. I'm looking for recommendations to explore.

What are some good area hotels? I know we can't get all of our desires but what hotels have some of them?
-Proximity to Disney or other area parks.
-Water slide
-more beds in a suite then 2+sofa sleeper.
-breakfast (especially if served before we would head out for a park)
Where should I start looking?
Thanks!

Wyndham Bonnet creek 2 bedroom presidential.

Depending on when you go, you can get a week for $1000.

No breakfast but has a kitchen.
One king
Two doubles
One queen sleeper sofa

We are now very clearly on the family size (combined with decreased on property perks) that staying on property is a thing of the past for us. I'm looking for recommendations to explore.

What are some good area hotels? I know we can't get all of our desires but what hotels have some of them?
-Proximity to Disney or other area parks.
-Water slide
-more beds in a suite then 2+sofa sleeper.
-breakfast (especially if served before we would head out for a park)
Where should I start looking?
Thanks!
Do you want a HOTEL (full service), or are you open to a "timeshare" style resort that you can rent a unit? This would mean kitchen, laundry, bedrooms ...

Our next is the Doubletree Disney Springs. We’ve never been there but they have a 2 bedr. 1 king bdr, 2 queens, and the pull out couch in the living room area. And has free shuttles to Disney and appears to be walkable to Disney Springs.

Try Liki Tiki resort. They are great, have a great main pool, close to WDW - take the back way! I have used them at least 4 times and always been happy. Me and DH were there last week. Book them through booking.com for the best price.

When we started staying offsite I read through the threads on here. We decided on Wyndham Bonnet Creek and went through Vacation Strategies.

Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista has 2 separate bedroom suites. You can get 2 beds in each bedroom or a king and two queens depending on what's available for your dates. Each bedroom has a bathroom and a TV. The living room has a sofa sleeper. There's a full size kitchen. We love their included hot breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter