# of points needed to be a snowbird?

cmark

Earning My Ears
I wonder if anyone has ever done the math to see how many points would be needed to spend "the winter" at a DVC resort? I have seen people with alot of points on the board--just wondering what it would cost to "live" in a DVC resort.

I figure that if you use the studio for the months of January and Feburary if will take 739 points! I'm short 484 points so I guess I will never be an offical snowbird!!!

LOL, We have talked about this too! It must mean winter is closing in on us if we are thinking about this again! I think you could stay all of January and most of February pretty reasonably, but March might be tough. A 1 bedroom at OKW would be 640 points for January, 828 for February, and 872 for March. HMMM, more points than I can muster, but January sounds good!

What a wonderful thought. But a one bedroom for all three months would cost more than 2000 points, which is the max Disney will allow you to own at one resort. Would Disney let me own 2000 and my DH also own 2000? I like to have the details correct in my fantasies :D

I did not know about the point limit! But I can only dream about being able to buy all those points. That would be $150,000--and you would be able to stay almost three months on these points. That's cheaper than alot of people I know spend on a condo that they use for only three months a year--which is not located or as nice as any of the DVC properties. I wonder--surely someone does this or has at least thought about it

what a nice dream! remember a year or so ago all the posts about our "geriatric DVC" days as we get closer to 2042. that was a hoot as well.

Carol,
Looks like we will have to be happy with a 2 week January trip unless we win the lottery!:D

Wow! the annual dues alone would be over 4k for enough points to stay Jan and Feb in a one bedroom at OKW. The snowbirds staying in my 2 bedroom beachfront condo (ok it's not at WDW but it is on the beach) are paying $2400 for Jan and Feb combined.With the cost difference they could go to WDW for a couple of weeks that time of year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter